Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:25 PM

European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx (277 Views)

Russia To Cut Natural Gas Supply To Finland From Saturday Morning / Biden Announces Historic Oil Reserve Release, To Reduce Gas Prices. / West Feeling Impact Of Russia Sanctions Too As Oil And Gas Prices Soar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by adamusuleiman3: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
European gas prices have dipped to a level last seen before Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine in February, after warmer weather across the continent eased concerns over shortages.

The month-ahead European gas future contract dropped as low as €76.78 per megawatt hour on Wednesday, the lowest level in 10 months, before closing higher at €83.70, according to Refinitiv, a data company.

The invasion roiled global energy markets and forced European countries, including industrial powerhouse Germany, to look for alternative suppliers to those funding the Kremlin. Europe had continued to rely on Russian gas even after its 2014 annexation of Crimea and support for separatists in eastern Ukraine.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/29/european-gas-prices-fall-to-pre-ukraine-war-level

Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by opamoses1: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
The Europeans will freeze gangs on Nairaland have all gone silent.

3 Likes

Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by Vl3ly: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
opamoses1:
The Europeans will freeze gangs on Nairaland have all gone silent.
which country do you think can have that great LNG supply power if not Russia?
Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by Parachoko: 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
Vl3ly:
which country do you think can have that great LNG supply power if not Russia?
Qatar

1 Like

Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by Vl3ly: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
Parachoko:
Qatar

lemme proof myself and you can also proof yourself

Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by Parachoko: 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Vl3ly:
lemme proof myself and you can also proof yourself
I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean, Europe is still buying a lot of gas from Russia? I thought you're trying to ask if there's a country that will replace Russia in the supply of gas to Europe.

But if you're trying to say Europe still get most of her gas from Russia, you're still wrong.

Europe don really reduce the amount of gas it buys from russia. There's even a thread on Nairaland on it, I will try and search and share it with you
Re: European Natural Gas Prices Dip Below Pre-war Levels Amid LNG Influx by Vl3ly: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2022
Parachoko:
I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean, Europe is still buying a lot of gas from Russia? I thought you're trying to ask if there's a country that will replace Russia in the supply of gas to Europe.

But if you're trying to say Europe still get most of her gas from Russia, you're still wrong.

Europe don really reduce the amount of gas it buys from russia. There's even a thread on Nairaland on it, I will try and search and share it with you
in summary, till now Russia is there main supplier of LNG

(1) (Reply)

Kremlin Reacts To Blast At Residential Building In Ukraine / Reports Of Russian Troops Shooting Civilians Surges, Dozens Arrested For Mishand / Russia Ukraine War Last Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.