Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,829 members, 7,872,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:48 PM

What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? (30056 Views)

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Ever Hit While Driving Or Riding? / Biker Jailed After Filming Himself Riding At Highest Speed Ever On British Roads / 450 BMW's Worth N5.5b Damaged In Sandstorm While Travelling From Germany To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bot101(m): 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2023
Lagos Ibadan express 160km/hr Lexus RX330 SUV. While coming back today, the right back wheel shaft broke at around 120km/hr.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bot101(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
chibuking1:
165kmph... hyundai elantra 08. Manual gear. benin-ore..... felt like feather.. was trying to overtake a Siena nd he actually increased him speed... I had downshift nd upshift to overtake...he actually slowed down wen I passed him.. me sef slow down too...

This was my previous car, but automatic. The steering on that car is as soft as Butter. Electrical issues are its downside, engine also very expensive.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by bot101(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
NoToPile:
See what I have been reading on page 1 and 2. 160- 200km-275 km/h

I thought speed limit was between 80-100kmph on expressway. I don't think can't sit in a vehicle driving more than 110kmph max, doesn't matter if the road is smooth like Lagos Ibadan expressway.

I hope some people won't be encouraged by this thread to do fast and furious with their vehicles, sha remember we barely have emergency response oo and there are other cray people on that road.

Kojuma ribi

Lol, if you are not the driver, you no go know. Sometimes, driver sef no go know until e look speedometer.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by brainycaleb(m): 12:01am On Jan 03, 2023
Timagex:

I respected BMW more that day and I certainly feared women more! grin

Especially pregnant women driving on highways!

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Nonywendy(m): 12:35am On Jan 03, 2023
Light78:
Mine was the day I boarded a bus from Lagos to Owerri. I sat at the front seat number two ( the VIP position) at a point when we approached Benni bypass, this driver started doing 165km/hr.

My uncle once told me that anything above 125 km/hr is death sentence.

I had to point the speedometer for the driver to see, and he was laughed it off and told me to forget that thing.

Another experience was when talking a car to Lagos from Owerri.

The driver I paid to drive me was experienced. We arrived that same Benin, and this guy did 210 km/h, it was like the fuel was zapping and the exhaust sound was light.

Dem no born any other car make e pass us, but I was surprised to see a man in his Hyundai passed us.

I guess that one was doing about 240 km/h.

I had to tell him to reduce and not cross 120km/h and above.

Share your experience and advise to people who would want to do that one day.

I advise drivers to lower their speed. Speed kills.

The first one happened in 2016, while my second experience was in 2019.
can't forget when I was travelling to Lagos from Enugu using okeyson bus, mehn d driver was matching steady 180km/h

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Babydaddymateri(m): 12:57am On Jan 03, 2023
180km/hr... Though no be me drive that day, na my maale...

We were chasing a bus that bashed her car from behind while trying to escape

Also in 2020 during nysc, that I was to resume camp; Akure to Delta.. this short driver na gbana, almost 200KM/hr with black bullet drink in his hand. he nearly killed us that day as a result of unnecessary competition with other devilish road user driving a Mercedes grinning at themselves whenever they level up with themselves. Awon werey gbogbo

5 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by obinna58(m): 1:19am On Jan 03, 2023
160km+ I was going downhill and I felt my body floating on the air
The thing shock me
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by alphaNomega: 4:45am On Jan 03, 2023
nurey:
300km/h
VW phaeton
6.0L W12 engine
Abuja kaduna highway

Limiter removed, lost 2 tires after the stunt, they melted prematurely.
Let this lie end with 2022

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by massingale(m): 5:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Some cars stop at 320KPH

DARLINGTON869:

This is a big lie from hell. How do I know you are a fat liar, Volkswagen phaeton's speedometer stops at 240. Even high-end fast cars like the BMW 6 series and Benz CLS or c class stops at 260km/h

4 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Hahnemann: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2023
Many comments and snapshots under this thread are untrue

Highest I have done is 170km/h with my Volkswagen Golf MK4

The beauty about this Volkswagen golf is that the higher the speed, the more balanced it feels on the ground

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 6:22am On Jan 03, 2023
pizapato:

My point is health care in Nigeria is not good enough for someone to be risking his life top speeding on poorly maintained roads.

It doesn't matter if Germany has low accident rate than the US, you cannot compare health services available in both to what is obtainable in Nigeria.
The last thought on anyone speeding allover the world's mind is healthcare,because they're not expecting to get in an accident,so it don't matter.
No one gives a Bleep!
So if someone is bungee jumping in Nigeria or in first World countries,what difference does it make?
They know the risks and are able to live with the consequences of their actions if there's any deviations.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by SeaTrade(m): 7:06am On Jan 03, 2023
RealTrump:
Chinese bullet train Beijing to Guangzhou. 305km/hr. Dem never born the car wey go drag speed with that train.

I took a picture back then .
Bugatti Chiron.
Koegnissegg Regera.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by holborno(m): 8:06am On Jan 03, 2023
240 kmph
Okada - benin
Toyota Camry 2011 v6
I liked it den but I can never try it again
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by antibullshit: 8:26am On Jan 03, 2023
Im a bmw man and I love to drive long distance although Ive stopped thanks to buhari and co... my top speed is 220 kph in a Bmw 535 on Keffi -Abuja express way .I also did 200 on kaduna abuja express way in a 5 series bmw. If you drive a toyota or honda please don't try it!

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by ba7man(m): 8:49am On Jan 03, 2023
240km/h in a BMW 5 series.

The car hit 240km/h at the bottom of a slope and both my ears got blocked at that speed.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by RillJ(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2023
I did 200klm once but cautioned myself soon as I realized it.

I am comfortable driving 160-180 though, Lagos Benin Road.

Sincerely, anything above 120 can be crazy. Somehow somehow, the moderate and top-speed vehicles get to the destination at about the same time.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Gagare1(m): 9:05am On Jan 03, 2023
sheantip:
Was on 200km/h

Reduced the speed cos I wanted to make a video.

Sagamu-ore express way.

I am afraid on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by GloriousGbola: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2023
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by VOR2019: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2023
youngbabaj:
230km /hr
Valves. 16
Toyota camry 2019

Benin asaba way 2022
Just me and my 7 years old daughter

You are a wicked man! Are you sure that the girl is your daughter? 230km/hr?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Abdogood(m): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2023
Max for me is 140khr.

80-120khr is okay.

I always remind myself that death by Nigeria road accident is not a pleasant one.

So guy behave yourself. You gat fams at home.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by nkemdi89(f): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Fremantle:

Even the service lanes can be tiring atimes, except you're not in a hurry and won't mind slowing down or coming to a stop at those bus stops. What I do when driving along Airport Rd or Kubwa expressway, I pick the middle lane, that way, when approaching the U-turn I still maintain my lane with a bit of caution, cuz those by my left tend to merge cuz of the bend and those making use of the turn, same applies to those by my right taking the exits.

The problem with we Nigerian is some people don't regard the rules governing the roads, that's why you'll see someone Who would take an exit in less than 100m still on the far left lane and wait until about 5 - 10 meters before he decides to take the exit and cut about 3lanes immediately without thinking of whose coming behind and at what speed.

For you going 120 -140km/h just pick a lane and make your calculations ahead and don't be afraid to brake early once you notice any unusual activity ahead of you and always use your turn signals when changing lanes. Those blinking lights saved me one time on the highway.
I have learnt something, I adopted your method today, I sticked to the middle lane and drove at peace, whosoever wants to overtake can use the the other two lane by my side .

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by showietee: 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Offpointng:

A death sentence bro. Yes the road is good but you just gotta put into consideration the single carriageway and em crazy hausa drivers trying to drag road with you

The road is always quiet.... Same with road from Garki in jigawa down to Mallam madori.... This is even wider.... Enough space to try as much as possible
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by youngbabaj(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
VOR2019:

You are a wicked man! Are you sure that the girl is your daughter? 230km/hr?

100%
She likes fast cars
Am sure she will be driving before she clocks 15
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by youngbabaj(m): 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2023
Mrkumareze:

Next time, do it alone. Leave the innocent child alone.

Babe even commot sit belt
Cause she trust her dad
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by youngbabaj(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
TemmyDayo50:

Haba... You no get conscience ooo... How u go take drive your daughter that way...??

The highest I ever did was 180 and I dare not do that with any other person in the car let alone my child... Never...

Daddy drive faster
Daddy faster
I said faster ,
My little champ de inspire me

We’re going again January 5th
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by petrusevents(m): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2023
ArticleBeast:

You mean kmph

Mile per hour.
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by TemmyDayo50(m): 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2023
youngbabaj:

Daddy drive faster
Daddy faster
I said faster ,
My little champ de inspire me

We’re going again January 5th

You're doing well! Goodluck!!
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by youngbabaj(m): 4:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
TemmyDayo50:

You're doing well! Goodluck!!

You’re blessed
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
madapcmod:

The day I was on 120KM/hr and my ABS failed on sharp bend, only to see myself inside bush with leg fully depressed on brake, swerving through elephant grasses, was the day I vowed not to cross 100KM/hr. If I had followed the sharp bend at that speed na tumbling

Once I'm on wheel, what's at the back of my mind is my family, tyre burst or brake failure. These cautions my instinct to slow down, even if a driver tempt my with road rage, I just ignore.
I wanted to say something but I won't.
However, don't blame your ABS.

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by Kobicove(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
It's pure foolishness to be driving above 150km/hr on Nigerian roads where a pot hole can appear unexpectedly sad

3 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Timagex:

I don't know sha. I'm a sole and private driver. I am not sure if there is an organization.

Its been a bit long since I did it tho. Photography is taking my time these days.
If you're not in Nigeria, what country are you?
Re: What's The Highest Speed You Did Or Experienced While Travelling? by 9icetoo(m): 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
SeaTrade:
Which bus be that weh dey do 200kph bros?
I don dey look una since dey talk this thing say make I keep quiet but na fat lie!
A full loaded Hiace with same engine as a hilux carrying up to 15 people and luggage will struggle to reach 150kph,let alone 200 SMH...
I just dey observe the thing since. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Photos Of The Outstanding 2020 Nissan Armada / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.