Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

Why do humans mine skulls of the living and the dead for money? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why do humans mine skulls of the living and the dead for money? (478 Views)

Ritualist Caught With 8 Human Skulls Priced At ₦30,000 Each In Ondo / Policeman Shot An Okada Rider Dead For Not Wearing Face Mask In Imo (Graphic) / Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why do humans mine skulls of the living and the dead for money? by ScamHunter: 11:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
It could be scary living and working in some parts of the country. I thought skull mining is limited to certain regions of the country until I read about this equipment in Quora.

They were invented as after the Murder Act of 1752, surgeons could only dissect the bodies of convicted murderers who were hung for their crimes. This meant only 30-45 bodies a year were ever available.

In order to be able to keep working, however, Scottish anatomist, Robert Knox, would pay for anybody who was brought to him regardless of the cause of death so he could examine it.

The problem then was people would break into graveyards and steal dead bodies and bring them to Knox.

The mortsafe was then invented to stop the bodies from being stolen. Up stepped Irish pair William Burke and William Hare, who heard of the value of the bodies and over a 10 month period in Edinburgh, killed 16 people and sold Knox the bodies.[1]

When they were eventually caught, Hare was imprisoned and Burke was hanged. Burke was then ironically dissected and his skeleton is currently on display in the Anatomical Museum of the Edinburgh Medical School.

Footnotes

[1] Burke and Hare murders - Wikipedia

Re: Why do humans mine skulls of the living and the dead for money? by MightyHand(m): 4:19am On Dec 31, 2022
@the image, I see the dead being caged ... To all scull miner>>>No rest for the wicked
Re: Why do humans mine skulls of the living and the dead for money? by Ternistacle(m): 10:43am On Jan 01, 2023
Only a ritualist can answer this.... Unless you gat the intention of doing it ...

(1) (Reply)

PARAMEDICS GOT SACKED ABROAD AFTER BLACK MAN DIES DUE TO NEGLIGENCE / US :A Gunman Killed 10 People And Wounded At Least 10 Others / Police Arrest Pastor For Welding AK-47 In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.