Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,607 members, 7,944,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them (2484 Views)

Is It A Wise Idea To Sue My Wife? / Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 6:06am On Dec 31, 2022
I have stayed in this house for over 7 years, the house owner died and the children increased the rent to over 100% in April 2021

Now they have given us till 2024 to PACK out saying they want to renovate the house, my rent is due in February 2023.

Please, can I sue them?
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Odetokun3(m): 6:12am On Dec 31, 2022
Not sure. They cited a genuine reason for the eviction and they gave you till 2024. Stay out of trouble

21 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by robinso01(m): 6:16am On Dec 31, 2022
Do you intend to inherit the house? You've been there for seven years and you don't want to leave again. Please, move to another house.
Seven years is too long to live in a house that's not yours, see finish will enter.

23 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 6:18am On Dec 31, 2022
Odetokun3:
Not sure. They cited a genuine reason for the eviction and they gave you till 2024. Stay out of trouble
I don't think they are doing any renovation, I was among the first to pack in when they just completed the house. Which renovation?
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Tokskob2008: 6:27am On Dec 31, 2022
robinso01:
Do you intend to inherit the house? You've been there for seven years and you don't want to leave again. Please, move to another house.
Seven years is too long to live in a house that's not yours, see finish will enter.
Lol...... na chief tenant him wan become for the house.

I dont get how people live in a rented apartment for a very long time, doesn't it get boring and tiring Same house, same environment and same co tenants.... Max to live in a rented apartment should be 5yrs abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Bluntguy: 6:34am On Dec 31, 2022
After living in the house for seven years you should be thinking of owning your own house instead of suing the owners who have given you a year's notice to quit for them to renovate their house.
Come you sure say no be you kill your landlord, because you dey behave like person wey chop witch.

15 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:
I don't think they are doing any renovation, I was among the first to pack in when they just completed the house. Which renovation?
Renovation or not. Under the law, he has given you guys enough time to vacate the premises. Since your rent is expiring in February 2023, You could just ask for like six months extension so you could get your stuffs together and pack out.
Don't fight with them abeg, it's not worth it and under the law, you have no case.
Maybe he wants to sell the land or something. You know how these kids behave with parents properties.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 31, 2022
Bluntguy:
Come you sure say no be you kill your landlord, because you dey behave like person wey chop witch.
tf grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Odetokun3(m): 7:03am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:

They are entitled to their house sha.

The thing is. Since their parents are gone. They may want to eject everyone and then set new policies for potential tenants. So they can be able to manage their properties in their own ways. You may still need to leave.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by robinso01(m): 7:15am On Dec 31, 2022
Tokskob2008:

I dont get how people live in a rented apartment for a very long time, doesn't it get boring and tiring Same house, same environment and same co tenants.... Max to live in a rented apartment should be 5yrs abeg.

It's not ideal to stay that long in a rented house, disrespects will come in. We all know how overstaying in a place ends.
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Zonefree(m): 7:25am On Dec 31, 2022
E be like na you give them money to build the house undecided

Abeg carry your wahala and look for another house.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by 9japride(m): 7:28am On Dec 31, 2022
OP it seems you just love unnecessary trouble? If their body language says they don't want you around, please kindly leave and save yourself unnecessary battles. Their parents may be nice, but that can't be said for the children especially these our generation type. Please kindly move out to a peaceful and sane environment.
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by HRprof: 7:30am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:

I have stayed in this house for over 7 years, the house owner died and the children increased the rent to over 100% in April 2021

Now they have given us till 2024 to PACK out saying they want to renovate the house, my rent is due in February 2023.

Please, can I sue them?

Take the advise you have received here so far.
You have leave 7 years as tenant in that house
They gave you till 2024 enough notice to pack out of the house.
What else do you want ? What case do you have for law suit ? They have fulfilled eviction procedures. So plan to relocate before the eviction deadline given to you

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Solofresh2: 7:31am On Dec 31, 2022
[quote author=IyaTola post=119566872][/quote]I think you move out when your is due to avoid unforeseen problems

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Legitmenaija: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2022
7years...op abeg pack out. You have no case at all.
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Ofemmanu1: 7:46am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:

Even if they're not doing any renovations, you wan die for the house?!

You think it's so easy to build a House?!

The Children have done so good by giving you enough time to move out, yet you want to sue the owners?

You wanna live in there forever?
Is it your House?!
Dem borrow money from ya papa take buy the land?!

You must be iyanmiri flatthead living in a Yoruba House, something you can't try in Alaigbo, you'll be fuming in SW.
If I am the owner of that house, I won't tell you shittt, the only thing you'll get is a quit notice and a SIX months grace.
Nothing concern you if I'm renovating or not, I owe you no explanations, and if you don't move out, I will show you SHEGE; physically, mentally and spiritually.

Just imagine?? you wanna sue your benefactors?

Ungrateful bastarrd.

9 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Houseofglam7(f): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2022
Are you the landlord’s love child??

Find another apartment for fuq’s sake!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Ofemmanu1: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2022
Zonefree:
E be like na you give them money to build the house undecided

Abeg carry your wahala and look for another house.

This type of tenant deserves nothing but Hot Shege.

The matter dey vex me sef, wish I know the owners, I will evict the bastarrd this 2022.

My rent will expire August 2023 but I'm moving January 2023!
I want change, can't remain there anymore cos the familiarity with the land lady is too much for me.
I fry Chicken, she'll start speaking yeeboe, I fry egusi na wahala...

Thank goodness, I'm an Active Dangote staff, I'm moving before it turns to Shege.
There are somethings nobody needs to tell you to do, it's common sense.
We must use our heads.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Karleb(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2022
Maybe you will sue retailers for hiking their prices too.

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by eyinjuege: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2022
Look for a cheaper place.
It's not a must you live in their house, and you have been given more than enough time.
The family likely want to sell the house in 2024

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Lamasta(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola you are aiming for the title of Chief tenanat abi You better leave that house asap

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by SUPERPACK: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:
Bro, you are taking it personal. The house belongs to them and they can decide not to rent again to you. What they owe you is an advanced quit notice as a loyal tenant which they did by giving you a year to get another place. They might have intention to sell the house or even demolish it, it is their own decision and not to be discussed. Every good thing comes to an end one day, take it as a challenge to build your own house.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2022
IyaTola:

Please, can I sue them?
They even gave you enough time.
You are very wicked!
You deserve to be afflicted if you pass your boundary or stay beyond your very reasonable lengthy due date.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by HopeVictor: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2022
OP you well at all?
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by AndroidAI(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2022
Sue them please. 7 years is more than enough. They are supposed to make you the new landlord cause you have tried for them.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Richy4(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2022
The thing is... U have become too comfortable there hence your line of reasoning...But reality has a way of showing its ugly face that many might not want to see..

You would have had a case assuming they did not give adequate notice of their intentions to renovate stipulated by law...
Whether the intention are genuine or not, they have given u notice and long enough time to make an alternative living arrangements...

I don't know about you but I believe a house built 7yrs ago that has never went through any kind of maintenance is overdue buddy...I can't remember if real estate in Nigeria do seek for references.. They will be eager to give u one... Don't make any trouble just look for somewhere else.. best wishes man..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
shocked
Sweetplum:

They even gave you enough time.
You are very wicked!
You deserve to be afflicted if you pass your boundary or stay beyond your very reasonable lengthy due date.
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Dangote, na so e easy to find money, did you even consider probably the house is close to work and central to certain things, before you open mouth, dey think.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2022
Bluntguy:
After living in the house for seven years you should be thinking of owning your own house instead of suing the owners who have given you a year's notice to quit for them to renovate their house.
I own my house but this place is central and relatively cheap, spacious with great facilities.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by Ibechris2: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
When I hear Nigerians say they want to sue people...I wonder if know the cost of going to court.

The judiciary in Nigeria is not reliable.

The cost of litigation in this country can be very expensive and annoying honestly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2022
Olasyke:

Renovation or not. Under the law, he has given you guys enough time to vacate the premises. Since your rent is expiring in February 2023, You could just ask for like six months extension so you could get your stuffs together and pack out.
Don't fight with them abeg, it's not worth it and under the law, you have no case.
Maybe he wants to sell the land or something. You know how these kids behave with parents properties.
Yes, but was given till 2024, will I still pay this year rent?
Re: Please Help Me! Can I Sue Them by IyaTola: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
9japride:
OP it seems you just love unnecessary trouble? If their body language says they don't want you around, please kindly leave and save yourself unnecessary battles. Their parents may be nice, but that can't be said for the children especially these our generation type. Please kindly move out to a peaceful and sane environment.
Thank you for your response, but do you think I can sue them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Erotic Ordeal With A Cheating GF. Please Read And Learn / Gruesome:Mob Sodomizes Women Over Alleged Stealing Of "Pepper"(Vid Caution 18+) / Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.