Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,833 members, 7,933,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:47 PM

Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go (783 Views)

"We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / I’m Scared She’ll Get Pregnant!! What Do I Do? (photo) / I Crush On My Colleague: Should I Let Her Know Or Should I Keep This To Myself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go by Uwagood123(m): 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2023
Our love affair started when we were in school. We did a course together and became friends. Later, we found warmth in each other’s presence so we became lovers. Our first goal was to help each other get through the difficulties of academic work and later see what life will throw on our table. It got tough, especially for me during our last year in school. I got robbed on my way to school one late night. The robbers took my phone, my laptop, and my school fees too. There was no way I could go back home and ask my parents to pay the fees again. They didn’t have it so I had to find a way of getting the money. That was when the kindness of my girlfriend came shining through.

She called her parents and lied about some things she had to buy in school. When they sent the money to her, she gave it to me. It was about half of the fees. I took loans from friends and also did some work for some people to raise the rest of the money. One day I was at the hotel when she called me, “I have something for you. Come outside.” I went to her and she gave me a black bag. I opened it and it was a new phone. “Where did you get it from? What did I do to deserve this kind of kindness from you?” She answered, “That’s what love is all about. providing help in times of need. I saved and bought it for you so you can drop that yam.”
If I didn’t know how deep her love goes, everything she did for me during those moments showed me how deep her love for me was. I made a promise to myself, “I will do everything within my power to marry her after school. If I have to chip off a piece of the sun to be able to marry her, I will do it.” I made the promise not because I felt indebted to her, no. I felt a woman who can come through for you in times of need is worth the catch.
We completed school and completed national service.
A few months after national service she got a job. I kept hovering around the place I did my service, hoping they will see my efforts and hire me. They saw my effort. They saw the value I brought to them but they told me, “We are not hiring currently. Anytime opportunity comes around, you’ll be the first person we will contact.” New service personnel came in so my use was over. My rent expired so I packed my things and left the town to the town where my parents live. My girlfriend was my motivation. Everything I desired, she was at the center of it. I was struggling through life, huffing and puffing just to make things right and get married to her. Again, she came through for me. She gave me money when I needed it. She put in word for me wherever she went so I could get a job. She came home to visit often so my parents got to know her and called her an “in-law.”. Click to continue reading https://uwagood.com/2022/07/20/only-a-divorce-will-help-i-know-but-im-scared-to-let-her-go/

1 Share

Re: Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go by Nicepoker(m): 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
La click la bend. Are you still jobless? grin

1 Like

Re: Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go by Divay22(f): 8:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nice story

1 Like

Re: Only A Divorce Will Help I Know, But I’m Scared To Let Her Go by lifenija: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Pray For The World To End / See The Bags Of #10 Notes A Man Took To Buy Groceries / If You Marry This Type Of Persons You Will Have Peace, But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.