Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading (296 Views)

Nigerians Begin Wash Challenge To Test New Naira Note Quality / New Naira Notes Unveiled (Pictures) / Moses Ubi Wears Corporate Outfits To Hawk Food, Goes Viral Online (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading by NwaNimo1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
Nigerians have started a brand-new social media challenge about the quality of the new naira note This comes after a video went viral showing the color of fresh notes bleeding when soaked in water Several Nigerians have responded by sharing videos of themselves testing if the naira notes are indeed fading color

Following the viral video made by a lady Chinazo under her Twitter name fluffy Naz stating that the new naira note color fades, a number of similar and counter-videos have emerged on the internet. In the video, she claimed that her sister forgot the redesigned N500 banknote in her pocket and washed it. According to her, the 500 Naira note colour faded when it eventually dried.

"If rain drenches you and this money is your only hope, you'd be stranded" [/b]Her tweet on Twitter has so far been viewed by 776.8 persons and 2,575 retweets. Nigerians start new challenge Her claim has started a new challenge on social media as people try to test if indeed the new naira notes colour bleeds.

However, Dr. Joe Abah Country Director at DAI. DAIMaastricht University, has countered the claim. In a post on his handle @DrJoeAbah he said the claims that the new naira notes losing colour are false. His words: "I rubbed the new N500 note with water and tissue. No, the colour didn’t come off. Maybe the problem is with the new N1,000 note, which I haven’t seen. The new N500 note seems fine to me. [b]I’ll try it in a washing machine and report back.
grin

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1512234-nigerians-wash-challenge-video-viral-naira-notes-colour-bleeding/

Re: Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading by JoeNL22(m): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2023
NwaNimo1:
Nigerians have started a brand-new social media challenge about the quality of the new naira note This comes after a video went viral showing the color of fresh notes bleeding when soaked in water Several Nigerians have responded by sharing videos of themselves testing if the naira notes are indeed fading color

Following the viral video made by a lady Chinazo under her Twitter name fluffy Naz stating that the new naira note color fades, a number of similar and counter-videos have emerged on the internet. In the video, she claimed that her sister forgot the redesigned N500 banknote in her pocket and washed it. According to her, the 500 Naira note colour faded when it eventually dried.

"If rain drenches you and this money is your only hope, you'd be stranded" [/b]Her tweet on Twitter has so far been viewed by 776.8 persons and 2,575 retweets. Nigerians start new challenge Her claim has started a new challenge on social media as people try to test if indeed the new naira notes colour bleeds.

However, Dr. Joe Abah Country Director at DAI. DAIMaastricht University, has countered the claim. In a post on his handle @DrJoeAbah he said the claims that the new naira notes losing colour are false. His words: "I rubbed the new N500 note with water and tissue. No, the colour didn’t come off. Maybe the problem is with the new N1,000 note, which I haven’t seen. The new N500 note seems fine to me. [b]I’ll try it in a washing machine and report back.
grin

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1512234-nigerians-wash-challenge-video-viral-naira-notes-colour-bleeding/

Hmmmm
Re: Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading by Scammerr(m): 7:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Nigerians Start Wash Challenge After Video Goes Viral Of New Naira Notes Fading by Vickym1(f): 7:38pm On Jan 01, 2023
Emefiele just do Nigeria the more you look the less u see

(1) (Reply)

You Need To See This, You Are Welcome / Black Market Dollar To Naira Exchange Rate For January 24, 2023 / Bank Receives N30 Million Each Of New Naira Notes Daily - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.