Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,254 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

World News! Events Happening Around The World - Foreign Affairs (880) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World News! Events Happening Around The World (278571 Views)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Nairaland Featured In World News On Russian Ukraine War Spy Rumors / 10 Strange Things That Are Happening Around The World Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (1010) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 2:35pm On Apr 25
At least 50 pro-Hamas protesters were arrested in clashes at the University of Southern California.
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 2:41pm On Apr 25
Which one is it?
Does Hamas position the rocket launchers next to the tents of the displaced?

Or do they position the displaced tents next to their rocket launchers?

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 2:42pm On Apr 25
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 2:44pm On Apr 25
A Telegram channel where the organizers of the NYU encampment give updates encouraged its followers to join the "Resistance News Network" channel.

That account's pinned post is a video of Hamas' military chief announcing the 10/7 attack & calling for people to take up arms.

Amir T

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 2:55pm On Apr 25
ISRAELI strike deep inside Lebanon in the outskirts of the village of Duris near Baal.bek in the Bek.aa Valley -Hezbollah’s stronghold!

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:01pm On Apr 25
Iranian Regime order execution of popular Iranian rapper for supporting protests against the Islamic Republic’s brutal killing of women.

Toomaj Salehi, a reknowned hip hop star with over 2 million followers, has been sentenced to death for backing the Mahsa Amini protests in 2022.

The protests were sparked after Iranian Morality Police fatally beat the young woman with batons after she was caught without a headscarf.

The regimes response resulted in thousands of arrests, with many activists subjected to severe human rights violations.

The rapper was one of those arrested and was initially arrested in October 2022 and then released.

In 2023 however, he was sentenced to six years in prison, avoiding a death sentence following a Supreme Court ruling.

But now he has been sentenced to death by Branch One of the Revolutionary Court of Isfahan.

His lawyer has 20 days to appeal the ruling.

(Sky News)

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:03pm On Apr 25
Total global military expenditure reached $2443 billion in 2023, an increase of 6.8 per cent in real terms from 2022.

This was the steepest year-on-year increase since 2009.

The 10 largest spenders in 2023—led by the United States, China and Russia—all increased their military spending, according to new data on global military spending published today by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:15pm On Apr 25
Jews have always been considered a distinct ethnicity—and were even killed for it.

So why does our generation ignore the truth and reduce Jews to just a religion?

Simple answer: because it ruins their narrative.

Jews can’t “colonize” a land that they are indigenous to.

(Shay on X)

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:17pm On Apr 25
Praying for the return of the hostages: Thousands participated in the Priestly Blessing at the Western Wall.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:18pm On Apr 25
Pamphlets handed out by the encampment at Columbia.

They aren’t hiding who they are.
They aren’t hiding what they want.
This is a call for violence and terrorism within the USA

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:19pm On Apr 25
Yesterday, Hamas terrorists launched rockets towards the "American pier" area in the center of the Gaza Strip - the area where the pier that will bring humanitarian aid to Gaza by sea is planned to be built in the coming months.

The rockets were launched into the area during a tour of UN workers in the area.
The UN workers entered a protected area during the launches, and were not injured in the incident.

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:22pm On Apr 25
In the last 24 hours, two of our leading media sources (NYT & WSJ) have produced research pieces with hard data on why the U.S. should ban TikTok.

Here is the NYT's killer chart.
Tiktok systematically censors 80-99% of posts on certain viewpoints, relative to Instagram.

(BeenThereCap on X)

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:23pm On Apr 25
The worst problem is not censorship, but rather actively promoting propaganda. The WSJ covered that.
Here are charts showing the evolution of Gaza/Israel content on test accounts. The key fact is: those videos ran 4:1 against Israel.

(BeenThereCap on X)

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:24pm On Apr 25
Another key fact:
The U.S. has had laws banning foreign ownership of TV stations & networks since the birth of TV. Most countries have similar laws.

(BeenThereCap on X)

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:27pm On Apr 25
Reports In Poland:
President Andrzej Duda invited Prime Minister Donald Tusk to hold discussions on the placement of nuclear weapons by NATO powers in Poland.

The spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry responded:
If a nuclear weapon is placed on Polish soil it will become a legitimate target for Russia in the event of an all-out confrontation with NATO.

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:29pm On Apr 25
The White House issued an unusual announcement calling on Hamas to immediately release the abductees, the statement was signed by President Biden and 17 other leaders from various countries, including Great Britain.

“We call for the immediate release of all hostages held by Hamas in Gaza for over 200 days. They include our citizens. The fate of the hostages and the civilian population in Gaza, protected under international law, is of international concern.

We will emphasize that the pending deal for the release of the abductees will lead to an immediate and prolonged ceasefire in Gaza, which will facilitate a wave of additional necessary humanitarian aid to be provided throughout Gaza and lead to a reliable end to the hostilities. The residents of Gaza will be able to return to their homes and lands with preparations in advance to guarantee shelter and humanitarian equipment.

We strongly support the ongoing mediation efforts to bring our people home. We reiterate and emphasize our call to Hamas to release the hostages, and we will bring an end to this crisis so that together we can focus our efforts on bringing peace and stability to the region.”
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:30pm On Apr 25
A senior American in a conversation with reporters places the direct responsibility for the failure of the talks on Hamas:

"The fighting in Gaza continues because the leader of Hamas in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar, refuses to release the hostages in his hands"

"We have indications that it may be possible to move forward, but we are not sure because we hear things from Hamas leaders abroad that do not always represent the position of Hamas leaders inside Gaza"

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:31pm On Apr 25
Bible study group at Valley of Grace Church in St. George Utah!

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:37pm On Apr 25
After the Iranian attack - the European Union expressed strong condemnation against Iran following its attack on ISRAEL.

The resolution condemns the Iranian attack and emphasizes the European Union's commitment to Israel's security

Foreign Minister Katz responded: The world understands that Iran must be stopped now, before it is too late

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:43pm On Apr 25
Read these words of Hillel Fuld on X

Dear European Jews in the 30s,

I owe you an apology. For the last 40 years, I’ve accused you of being blind, and quite frankly, stupid!

I’ve said it thousands of times.

“Why didn’t they get out? How did they not see the writing on the wall? Were they that comfortable and assimilated that they really believed it’d be ok? And even if they believed that, when Germany started legislating against Jews, how was THAT not enough of a sign to get out??”

For years, I thought you were weak. I thought you were led to the gas chambers like sheep to the slaughter.

For years, I thought that your mistakes could never be repeated again. I thought we, the Jewish nation, would surely see the writing on the wall.

I said Never Again and deep down, I thought it would never happen again, because WE, the Jewish people would never let it happen again.

“We are not as weak as they were”, I told myself.

And now I have to say, I’m sorry. I didn’t understand you until about a month or two ago when I realized that I was wrong about you.

More precisely, I was wrong about us.

It could happen again. The Jewish people WOULD let it happen again. We ARE letting it happen again.

Antisemites in the United States congress? Yep.

Pop starts declaring their love for Hitler? Uh huh

Banning Jews from entering educational institutions? Sadly that happened too.

Jews being assaulted and beaten in the streets? Yep, so that’s now a thing.

Mass antisemitic marches across America? We are there…

Jews women being raped and murdered just because they are a Jew? Can’t believe I’m saying this but yea, that too.

So, my European ancestors, and I’m talking to you, Grandma, I’m sorry. You weren’t weak and we aren’t strong.

We are letting them do it to us again and we are again not reading the writing on the wall.

I always believed that if I, we experienced what you experienced, we’d get the hell out immediately.

I was wrong. My brothers and sisters are continuing to be sitting ducks waiting for the next attack, the next vandalism of a synagogue, the next hate crime, the next blood thirsty antisemitic march, the next murder.

It’s 2024 and we haven’t learned the lesson that Germany was not our home. Poland was not our home. Austria was not our home

Today, America is not our home. South Africa is not our home. The UK is not our home. Australia is not our home.

We only have one home and that is Israel. Is everything perfect in Israel? 100% not. But in Israel, your people protect you and if God forbid bad things happen, and they happen, (you don’t have to tell me, my brother was murdered by a Palestinian terrorist), your government, your army, your people will retaliate and ensure it never happens again.

No one is protecting you at Harvard. Or MIT. Or Columbia. You’re on your own there and this isn’t going to end well.

So, my European ancestors, I’m sorry I judged you. You weren’t weak. You weren’t blind. You weren’t dumb.

You were Jews who refused to internalize that other nations don’t behave like us and just because we’d never try to annihilate a nation doesn’t mean they won’t.

To my brothers and sisters in 2024, please, I beg of you, internalize the lesson of history. It’s happening right before your eyes. Don’t wait till it’s too late.

Leave. Get out. Come home.

We are waiting for you with open hours. You worry about us in Israel? I get it. That’s kind. But here, our fate is in our hands (And Hashem’s) and we know what we need to do.

No one there has your back. We have your back here.

So come home. Help us help you.

Allow us to welcome you at Ben Gurion Airport with chants of Am Yisrael Chai instead of staying there to hear chants of Globalize the Intifada and From the River to the Sea.

This is your home and we want you here with us. We need you here with us.

If you won’t come home for you, come home for us. We love you and want you here safe in our embrace.

Come home. It will be the best thing you ever did!

We are waiting. I am waiting!
Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:46pm On Apr 25
Analysis of satellite imagery obtained by Iran International confirms media reports that a central part of the S-300 air defense system at an Iranian air base in Isfahan was hit by a presumed ISRAELI attack early Friday.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 3:59pm On Apr 25
A Hamas spokesman responded to the call of the countries for a hostage deal initiated by the US:
"American pressure will not affect us, the hostages will only be released if the war ends"

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 5:40pm On Apr 25
USAF F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jets were moved from Italy to Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

2 Likes

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 5:47pm On Apr 25
⚠️ Senior US administration official:

Sinwar will pay the price for his actions.
He personally thwarted the efforts for another deal, Israel could also have done more, but Hamas is the one that failed.

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 6:57pm On Apr 25
French President Macron in a speech at the Sorb.onne:

"Europe can die.. Europe is pushed into a corner by rising regional powers like Iran, and must respond more quickly to geopolitical changes"

Macron also said that the EU is not a priority for the US, and that the EU does not have the "appropriate weapons" to deal with the risks on its own.

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 7:04pm On Apr 25
Another blow to the US in the African arena:

The Pentagon will withdraw 75 special forces personnel from Chad, days after the announcement of the intention to withdraw 1,000 soldiers from Niger, the New York Times reported.

The trend of African countries abandoning the US support and demands to redefine security relations with it.

Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and others have already distanced themselves from the US and are very close to Russia, and Washington has warned Chad that separatist elements are working to harm the government with the help of Russian mercenaries.

Amir T

2 Likes

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 7:05pm On Apr 25
BREAKING NEWS:
For the first time, the European Parliament calls for the snapback of all UN sanctions against Iran. This is a dramatic policy change!

The EP also reiterates its call to:
▪️ List the IRGC as terrorists
▪️ Disarm Hezbollah & list it in its entirety as terrorists

Amir T

1 Like

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by Righteousness2(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25
A large fire broke out this evening near the local hospital and the headquarters of the Red Crescent of Iran in Tehran.

The circumstances of the fire have not yet been clarified.

Amir T

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 9:24pm On Apr 25
Pro-Palestinian protesters Have stormed the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) in New York

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 9:28pm On Apr 25
China launches three Taikon.auts into space.

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 9:54pm On Apr 25
Evacuation of Rafah | Gaza war unit tracking

Tent cities have started being established in Khan Yunis and the Al-Mawasi Safe Zone, these will accommodate the evacuees once the evacuation is announced.

Once constructed, the evacuation will begin within the next 2 weeks and will take around a month. NGO employees in Gaza have already received instructions from the IDF to move to Deir al-Balah.

In recent weeks both Egypt and the US have acquiesced to IDF plans for the invasion, there is nothing blocking the path anymore, the timer has started.

2nd and 679th Brigade took 8 days to go from being called up to being ready for Gaza, definetly possible that more brigades will be called up, but probably not enough to finish Rafah in 3 weeks unless my model is wrong

16 total would need to be in Gaza. 8 are already ready, so 8 more. If they were going to call up 8 more reserve brigades they wouldve put 252 in the corridor and sent 99 to rafah, so probably not the current plan

Re: World News! Events Happening Around The World by HolinessForever: 10:06pm On Apr 25
Strong winds toppled the minaret of a mosque in central Turkey, damaging surrounding buildings and vehicles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) ... (1010) (Reply)

2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates / Jamaican Curse/”dirty” Words & Other Curse Words/phrases / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.