Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,409 members, 7,940,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 08:32 AM

I Thought The World Will End - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thought The World Will End (642 Views)

I Thought I Could Change Him To Be A Better Man / My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was / Am Single And Searching, ‘’ The World Will Soon End” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought The World Will End by IyaTola: 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
I thought the world � was going to end when I got pregnant out of wedlock.

I thought my life had ended. In my mind, what would people say?

I thougit the world would stop functioning because of the huge mes.s I've made.

Should I just accept any guy to marry and save my dignity?

So many questions on my mind �

How would my parents feel as the first child of the family?

How would my siblings and the people looking up to me feel?

One thing that I discovered during that phase was that "the world will adjust"

I realized many people had their own issues too and had little or no time to gos.sip about you for long.

The most important thing is realizing one's mistake and learn from it.

Did I tell you there were times when the thought of injuring myself/ ending my life came during pregnancy? Well, I'm not as strong as you think but I just want to let you know that "You're not alone�"

How did I get over those thoughts and gave in to only positive thoughts?

...to be continued �

1 Like

Re: I Thought The World Will End by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
For all young men and women:Virginity is Life keep it together with the Fear of God and marry right.

Else you are destroyed especially you women. It is after this that God's Curses fall on you as you have always felt when you were still a virgin.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought The World Will End by anthonyuncle(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2023
don't let men pressure you to disaster, God is still God

4 Likes

Re: I Thought The World Will End by IyaTola: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2023
smiley
anthonyuncle:
don't let men pressure you to disaster, God is still God
Re: I Thought The World Will End by IyaTola: 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2023
My dad told me he had so much expectations about my wedding that he had bought many friends asoebi but no way to celebrate with him. At that moment, as olori ebi now(first child), I saw myself as a big disappointment to my parents.

The girl that used to make them proud couldn't make them any longer.

I began to see my entire life as a failure only because one aspect of my life had a mistake(no longer a mistake though but a blessing).

With the help of my mom, I relocated to my aunt's place at Ikorodu, Lagos before I started to show because I was afraid of what people would say if they started seeing baby bump in my parents house.

I got so tired within 2weeks of relocating to Lagos because It was as if in a hiding/in a cage. I wasn't at my work to see what was going on, to see whether our staff was doing the right thing or not. I couldn't explore my creativity any longer.

Did I mention, I started getting more orders since I became pregnant? It was as if God was telling those people to go and patronize me. It was like a miracle that our turnover increased. I never lacked during and after the pregnancy.

I packed my bags & came back to Ibadan the same May after I spoke to my big sis and told me to come live with her family till I give birth. She said this would give me chance to be close to my business.

On getting to Ibadan, I went home straight and not my mom told me to stay in order to take care of me properly as I had cramps besides, I wasn't strong enough in my first trimester unlike the other two.

After few weeks, my stomach had started to show and I reached out to some of my big sisters abroad to see maybe I could carry the pregnancy there & also put to bed overthere.

I decided not to proceed with the visa process as it looked like I was leaving all I've worked for and going to a land of uncertainty. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying traveling abroad/relocating is bad. In my case, I was going for the wrong reasons. I asked where would my staff go? What would happen to my students learning the craft of weaving from me?

I took up the courage and decided to stay. I was in much better place when I allowed God to take control of my life as I did not do a great job and landed in a big mes.s

I started to see the journey as God's plan for my life as He knows the best.... this was the time I had stop crying myself to sleep. I used to ask why God put so much hurdles in my way(when I'm not our star girl Tobi Amusan�)

My friends and my sister accompanied me to few events. I'm forever grateful to God for all He used and still using.

My family and friends were very supportive. My mom and sister would check on me in the room often. Mom would call me to come watch TV in the living room. I was already looking forward to meeting my child. I had accepted my fate of being a single mother.

After my baby came, it was another mixed feeling...

...to be concluded on Thursday.
Re: I Thought The World Will End by yrhuhfy113: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2023
Chai... you are a heroine o.

You are strong... a warrior queen.

I can't imagine the pain, shame, and all you went through BUT I KNOW the story will end with you laughing and praising God.
Its well

2 Likes

Re: I Thought The World Will End by IyaTola: 3:13am On Jan 04, 2023
wink
yrhuhfy113:
Chai... you are a heroine o.

You are strong... a warrior queen.

I can't imagine the pain, shame, and all you went through BUT I KNOW the story will end with you laughing and praising God.
Its well

(1) (Reply)

Mother Discovered She Married Her COUSIN While She Was Pregnant With His Baby / From Grace To Grass- A Lesson For ALL / Marriage: Should He Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.