Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,773 members, 7,948,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria (32019 Views)

Covenant University, Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sex Scandal: Osi Osi, Graduate Speaks / Olumuyiwa Oludayo Sacked As Covenant University Registrar Over Sex Scandal / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by DeOTR: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
CheapHomes1:

As far as they are concerned, your ability to speak English only lasts for 2years
Very funny. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by olumide884: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good one, he has done something our government will never doGood one, he has done something our government will never do...
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by arantess: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Ppogbae:
Without Yorubas, Nigeria would've been worst than Somalia.
yea the world would not have existed without yoruba

you are very right
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Titogbanski: 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2023
Nigeria is a big market and that exemption is a huge revenue loss for the organizers of those tests,

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by sircatherine45(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2023
zolajpower:

It can only be a Yoruba man breaking this jinx and barrier.
They are always representing us in education, hence the most educated black race in the world
Fyi ; I'm a proper Niger delta man oshimili local government ,before you all will request for my head on a plata

Really? Niger Delta and Oshimili in the same sentence?

Wonderful!

Which of the Oshimili? North or South?
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
God1000:
Good one, he has done something our government will never do
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Raph82(m): 3:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
Angelfrost:

Not just discriminatory... It is criminal!

80 to 85k multiplied by thousands every year!

Just imagine the racket! undecided
That 1 no be racket o, na bomb.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by fabianiyobosa(m): 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
Most Canadian universities do not require English test. Even if they do, just inform them that your Primary and secondary education was taught in English, they'll exclude it from the requirement.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by lagosrd: 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by lagosrd: 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
DeOTR:

Very funny. cheesy cheesy

Same applies to driving license. I still don't understand how you got permission to drive and the next thing is that you no longer know how to drive.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by DeOTR: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
lagosrd:

Same applies to driving license. I still don't understand how you got permission to drive and the next thing is that you no longer know how to drive.
That of driver licence is even reasonable a bit, at least people change, and it's OK to reassess your driving skills or mental health again after every 3 years to be sure one can still be trusted to make the right judgement on the road, but for languages? It's very ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Raph82(m): 9:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Those whites just keep toying with our mumu burton over the English test stuff. We mumu no be small. How I go carry 90k go write an English test in a bid to prove I can speak a language I was born with, trained with, and even received the beating of my life over, each time I speak vernacular in my primary school days?
My native language became a second-hand language in a bid to promote English language, upon all these, one idiot will still ask me to go write English test to prove that I can speak it fluently, ooooh! None of these oyibo's will make heaven.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by FarmTech(m): 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Very good. I hate those kind exams. Waste of time.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by lagosrd: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
DeOTR:

That of driver licence is even reasonable a bit, at least people change, and it's OK to reassess your driving skills or mental health again after every 3 years to be sure one can still be trusted to make the right judgement on the road, but for languages? It's very ridiculous.

Do you also notice the road safety people hardly stop commercial vehicles drivers which needs to be truely reaccessed . They are so notorious that they overload and the road safety looks away.

The Us embassy is another one . Millions of delibrate refusals without explanations and their almost #100k has gone like that . People are subjected to psychological truma before , during and after the interview, only their fate to be determined by one angry visa officer who might be at logger heads with his wife before coming to the office to start issuing refusals .
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
smiley splendid!
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by armadeo(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Truth be told the only issue I have with ielts is the fact that it expires after 2 years, that is completely illogical.

On the other hand, does it mean that whoever fails the exam doesn't understand English? Lol. Ironic isn't it.

Finally I see nowhere in the write up that the school actually accepted or implemented his suggestions.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
This Your sentence is one of the reasons they ask for the IELTS.

Ppogbae:
Without Yorubas, Nigeria would've been worst than Somalia.
Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by DeOTR: 3:56am On Jan 04, 2023
lagosrd:

Do you also notice the road safety people hardly stop commercial vehicles drivers which needs to be truely reaccessed . They are so notorious that they overload and the road safety looks away.

The Us embassy is another one . Millions of delibrate refusals without explanations and their almost #100k has gone like that . People are subjected to psychological truma before , during and after the interview, only their fate to be determined by one angry visa officer who might be at logger heads with his wife before coming to the office to start issuing refusals .
I'm aware NURTW and RTEAN "settle" the Road Safety Officials not to arrest their members, so don't be surprised they get away with traffic offences most times.
I'm not traveling to the US again unless it's for work and the company is assisting with the process. My last experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Dr Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi Asks Canadian University To Stop IELTS In Nigeria by writeprof(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
I hope someone would tell the UK also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yabatech Ond/hnd Part Time/hnd Full Time Form Is Out: Apply Now / OAU Management Tells Students To Remain Indoors On Wednesday / University Of Abuja Girls Struggling To Get Water Due To NASU Strike (see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.