Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,054 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger (661 Views)

Breaking!! Terrorists Ambush Presidential Brigade Of Guards Troops In Abuja / Commercial Motorcyclists Beat, Burn Sound Engineer To Death Over ₦100 in Lagos / Hausa Motorcyclists And "Area Boys" Clash In Ipaja, Lagos, One Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by TyroneP(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2023
A trigger-happy Nigerian Army officer, Abubakar Idris, attached to the Presidential Guard Brigade, on Monday, opened fire on some motorcyclists in Abuja, killing a passenger on the spot.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident happened around 1 am close to a bridge along Aguiyi Ironsi Way, Asokoro, where Idris and his colleagues were stationed for guard duty.

Sources privy to the incident confirmed to our correspondent that the deceased was taken to the Asokoro District Hospital, Abuja, for an autopsy.

One of the sources said, “It was a sad incident. The Army Brigade officers were on duty last night (Sunday/Monday) when Idris sighted some motorcyclists approaching them close to the bridge.

“Officer Idris was trying to stop one of the bike men, who was carrying a passenger, but in the process he opened fire on them, killing the passenger immediately, while the bike man and other motorcyclists fled.”

Another source revealed that the soldiers fled the scene, abandoning the corpse until the arrival of the police.

He said, “Not long after it happened, the soldiers left the scene and abandoned the corpse. But police officers later got to the scene around 3 am. The corpse was taken to the Asokoro District Hospital for an autopsy.”

The spokesperson for the brigade, Abakpa Godfrey, said he was not aware of the incident.
Abakpa said, “I can’t comment on that for now. I was actually on a pass and I just got back to Abuja, so I am not aware of it.”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/presidential-brigade-soldier-fires-abuja-motorcyclists-kills-passenger/
Re: Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by marlow1962(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by habsydiamond(m): 11:20am On Jan 03, 2023
It's only in Nigeria security operatives can kill a citizen and go scot-free without prosecution.
Re: Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by oglalasioux(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2023
Aguiyi Ironsi street is in Maitama not Asokoro.
Re: Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by VeryWickedSimp: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hope no females died.
If I was there I would have shielded any fine girl there from the bullets.
Re: Presidential Brigade Soldier Fires Abuja Motorcyclists, Kills Passenger by Mynd44: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2023

(1)

Tyre Nichols An Innocent Man Who Was Murdered By Police / Armed Bandits Kill DPO At Maru Police Station In Zamfara / Am Bittered Right Now After Getting Scammed Of 50k This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.