Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,068 members, 7,880,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:13 PM

2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom (1065 Views)

Buhari, APC Have Kept Promise Of Relegating Nigeria – Ortom / BREAKING: “you Deliberately Destroyed Nigeria” – Ortom Attacks Buhari Again / RUGA Suspension Victory For Nigeria- Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by NewsTip: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has said that only his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) prevented him from personally leading the presidential campaign of Labour Party (LP) candidate, Peter Obi, across the nation.

Ortom said this while commending former President Olusegun Obasanjo for endorsing Obi for the 2023 presidency.

Recall that Obasanjo endorsed Obi in a New Year letter to Nigerians on Sunday, January 1.

The presidential campaigns of the All Progressivessives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rejected the endorsement, with the APC describing it as “worthless”.

However, the Benue governor said Obasanjo endorsed Obi as the right candidate to win this year’s presidential election and provide the leadership that Nigerians desire.

Ortom, in a Tuesday statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, said if he were not a member of the PDP, he would have personally led Obi’s campaign across the country.

“Governor Ortom strongly recommends Peter Obi to Nigerians as the man who has the capacity to effectively tackle the economic, security and other challenges facing the country.

“He is convinced that Obi possesses the qualities of a leader who will be a true President of this country by guaranteeing justice, equity and fairness for all Nigerians.

“The Governor stresses that for some years, the country has been tottering on the verge of collapse, owing to leadership failure and its attendant consequences of poverty, heightened insecurity with banditry, kidnappings and other acts of terrorism threatening the very foundations of the nation.

“He says the President that Nigeria needs at this challenging time in the country’s history is one who understands the urgent need to unite the people and speedily initiate policies and actions to redirect the ship of the nation on the path of growth and development, and emphasizes that Peter Obi has all such qualities.

“Governor Ortom lauds Chief Obasanjo for once again demonstrating objectivity, truth and patriotism as a statesman whose views on national issues must be taken seriously,” the statement read.

Link: https://newstip.ng/2023/01/03/2023-i-should-be-leading-peter-obis-campaign-across-nigeria-ortom/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Mrfixitt(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Peter Obi is for all and for better Nigeria.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by 4Kemzy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Rhetorics!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by SucrePlum(f): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
Obi is a national treasure

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Newton2024: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
4Kemzy:
Rhetorics!
Are you an APC urchin?

Obasanjo, Edwin Clark, Ortom, etc. are patriotic Nigerians who wants the best for the country unlike Thiefnubuu's greedy handlers.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Kyase(m): 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Failure endorsing someone that will fail
Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by FEMCOME1978: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2023
Obi is the real man for the job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Emmanuella00(f): 8:21pm On Jan 03, 2023
Try your best
Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by voiceless1(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2023
Obi for Aso rock.
Tinubu for Olumo rock

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Ogbuefi2020: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2023
And more endorsements continue pouring in

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Kasdat5(m): 9:04pm On Jan 03, 2023
Please what is stopping this national failure of Benue state ??
Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by mrvitalis(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2023
Like play like play obi wants to repeat how he won Anambra governorship in Nigeria

On thing this thought me is Nigerian politicians are lazy , Nigerians just need convincing

Obi did nothing special he only granted interviews , told Nigerians his plans over and over , remained consistent and won Nigerians over , yes he was helped by his track record and personality

This has given me idea how to run for office

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by JohnOkolo: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
Newton2024:
Are you an APC urchin?

Obasanjo, Edwin Clark, Ortom, etc. are patriotic Nigerians who wants the best for the country unlike Thiefnubuu's greedy handlers.

Patriotic my foot.

All these bandwagon you named up there have just one thing in common, all former ans current PDP member inclusive Peter Obi.

And we will never allow PDP or its branch child Peter Obi get to rule Nigeria ever again.

Tinubu's victory is sure nothing is stopping that
Re: 2023: I Should Be Leading Peter Obi’s Campaign Across Nigeria – Ortom by Demigod22: 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2023
Newton2024:
Are you an APC urchin?

Ortom and patriotism no suppose dey the same sentence at all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Blinded By Greed: Tinubu Is Acutely Sick, Not Fit To Hold Office / Obi Trashed Tinubu And Atiku In Reportera Poll / Atiku Won A Local Government In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.