Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,800 members, 7,965,958 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:07 AM

Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola (20774 Views)

Which of the APC Presidential Aspirant Can Defeat Atiku? / Kano: No Aspirant Contested Makoda LG Assembly Seat Under PDP / Sowore: Peter Obi No Different From APC Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Cromagnon: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
post=119710008:
We have been saying this for a very long time.

The foundation/constitution needs to be addressed as matter of urgency for our darling nation to move forward.
The 1999 Constitution needed to be revised to produce the type of change agent and developments our nation need to become the land flowing with milk and honey that we all craved for.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
we have 36 regional heads and same result. Stop blaming constitution for your laziness
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by mcwally: 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
God bless you Are Afe babalola he has said the truth the best candidate can not win election with this present Constitution
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Henryfortune(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bontafa:
You should direct this message to the skeleton in aso rock and not obi

Shmm on you... the truth that we failed to accept but still this is what we should be fighting for and not this ...if you love your obi so much this too should be your first advise to him but no your own is to throw trash here and there....but trust A dead and rottened skeleton far better than all your generation both born and unborn...
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by T9ksy(m): 8:03pm On Jan 04, 2023
mcwally:
God bless you Are Afe babalola he has said the truth the best candidate can not win election with this present Constitution

Was that what he said OR your own interpretation of the captions?

Incase, you didn't read Afe's statement before you rushed here to distort its content, here's a short summary: "No Angel can salvage Nigeria whilst operating the fraudulent 1999 Constitution ".

Simple. No frills!
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by DeOTR: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
I have a better idea of salvaging our situation.
I'm currently building my manifesto my career for now. When the time comes, all of you saying if we lose Obi, it's finished, will be so ashamed of yourselves.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by tokunbo22: 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Infact, this is the only way forward to make Nigeria great.. but they won't do it.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Georgejeez: 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2023
Peter Obi and his goons should be held responsible if Tinubu Bala blu wins this Election ....
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by yetunsbay(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Peter Obi would win and Nigeria would change for the best.

This I have seen.
even with this ur moniker

1 Like

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
nigeria can't be changed. Southern fools will see when atiku ends up winning
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Abagworo(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
That's the simple truth.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by pacespot(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2023
lexy2014:

What exactly is wrong with the constitution?

It gives too much power to the center while leaving the constituents weaker. Also there is a need to include the self determination clause back to the constitution.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2023
pacespot:

It gives too much power to the center while leaving the constituents weaker. Also there is a need to include the self determination clause back to the constitution.

How does it give too much power to the centre compared to the 1960 and 1963 constitution babalola made reference to?

How is it the cause of Nigerias present day problems?

Was there ever a time that there was self determination clause in any of Nigerias previous constitutions?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by omonnakoda: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
pacespot:

Too much power to the centre and the executive at state and federal level
We have never had self determination clause
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by pacespot(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2023
lexy2014:

How does it give too much power to the centre compared to the 1960 and 1963 constitution babalola made reference to?

Was there ever a time that there was self determination clause in any of Nigerias previous constitutions?

Go and read the 1963 and 1999 constitutions, you can download them both online. I can't continue to explain everything to you ABC.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
pacespot:

Go and read the 1963 and 1999 constitutions, you can download them both online. I can't continue to explain everything to you ABC.

You haven't explained anything. Since you have read the 1963 and 1999 constitution, then you shouldn't have any problems answering the questions I asked you except you telling me that you have idea about what you said earlier.

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by AntiTerrorist: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
All this Mumu Zombidients, is it the president that drafts or amends the constitution?
Paid urchins have infested Nairaland, making this forum un-exciting for sane minds. Their nuisance is going on geometric proportion.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by walefresh3(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bontafa:
zombidients are real fool... Look at the kind of aliens that want to choose fake masssiah for us ? So the president is now legislators that amend constitutions ?

Well , I know say majority supporters of obi are traders... Obi.... Obi.... Obi.. 8s what u know after that nothing... Dull head

1 Like

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by FreedomfromtheT: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2023
Eriggs:
Nigeria youth, this is what you should be fighting for, read d constitution and let these people know what we want to be changed, revise and amended.
Instead of coming to social media to fight n argue 24/7
The presidency under the PDP for 16 years did not change the constitution although president Jonathan initiated the 2014 confab. The APC that promised to restructure Nigeria according to what I read, has not done that in 7 plus years. Let us see what the LP presidency will do when Peter Obi comes to power God willing.

2 Likes

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by liasmiram2567: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
Bontafa:

You call a man who is older than your father a skeleton? You must be mad!!!
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
arantess:
That constitution needs to be changed really

What's wrong with the constitution?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Bontafa: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
liasmiram2567:

You call a man who is older than your father a skeleton? You must be mad!!!

I am not your mother
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by toprealman: 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
sapele914:
It is not their duty to push for constitutional change, that is the work of your National Assembly.

What when Tinubu gets there and tries to amend the constitution to be President for life like Obasanjo tried to do, wailers like you will be the first to shout murder.
So you mean OBJ actually tried to amend the constitution but it is , according to you, "the work of your National Assembly".....bla bla bla.
Abacha came , he saw, but it conquered him.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by 989900: 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
Interim government kẹ?
How well did the last one work?

Some of these our old men self?

I agree about reworking the constitution, but that can only be done within the ambit of the existing law with a willing C-in-C, a willing party and a willing legislature!

The rich lawyer should speak to stuffs that are legally and practically doable; not theoretical Wakandas.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by gidgiddy: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2023
Biodun556:
These elders can lie for Africa

The 1999 constitution is enough to make Nigeria better if the leaders and followers are ready to embrace sanity

So how come Nigeria has been running that constitution since 1999, and things are far worse than they were in 1963?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by gidgiddy: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
lexy2014:

Thats because the 1963 constitution gave the 4 Regions that existed at the time resource control, which made all 4 Regions financially independent of the federal government

Today, almost the entire 36 states of Nigeria survive on federal government allocations
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

What's wrong with the constitution?
ask you parpar
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by jaxxy(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
APCHaram:
Only Atiku has come out to say he is fully committed to restructuring while Obi is the only fool to declare that he sees nothing wrong with both our constitution and current flawed system.

Obi is not a reformist but a conformist pushing an ethnic agenda

Vote wisely.

was atiku not in apc with buhari why didn't he change the constitution?
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by lexy2014: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
gidgiddy:

Thats because the 1963 constitution gave the 4 Regions that existed at the time resource control, which made all 4 Regions financially independent of the federal government

Today, almost the entire 36 states of Nigeria survive on federal government allocations

Good. How does that give too much power to.the centre?

Is that the only reason why the 1999 constitution is faulty?

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by 9gerian: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2023
So why didn’t prof Afe Babalola tell President Obasanjo this whole truth when he was a friend to the government and had his ears?

Why just speaking up now that he has little or no influence with the government of the day?

politicoNG:

https://gazettengr.com/obi-no-credible-leader-can-emerge-via-1999-constitution-afe-babalola-insists/

1 Like

Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Okoroawusa: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
Which system is he talking about? The same system that made him the owner of a private university and a multi-million aire?

Obasanjo made Afe Babalola a stinkingly rich man after the 2003 presidential election that he massively rigged. He was Obasanjo's legal counsel at the election tribunal. He was eating federal money and kept filling motions upon motions that frustrated the judges and justices. By the time the final judgement on 2003 election was given Obasanjo was halfway into his tenure and was already perfecting his third term agenda.
Not everyone on Nairaland was born yesterday.

Ashewo change location she go answer virgin.
Re: Obi: No Aspirant Can Save Nigeria via The 1999 Constitution - Afe Babalola by Chrismania100: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2023
Ogboni, stop typing rubbish.Thus Thieffnubu urchins always think we are all fools.
Election is not all about renting and paying crowds.Yiu always criticise peter Obi with false propaganda so that people will get discourage
to vote for me, but it is already dead on Arrival.I know your plan, but we are already prepared to disgrace you and your useless paid urchard.
Whenever you hear peter Obi, you kept vomiting he will not win, he will not win, as if you are GOd.

Which parameter did you use to measure and know that Peter Obi wil not win? Are you God or INEC to be sure he wil not win? Your candidate has been spending huge money in renting crowd,he foolishly taught it ie by crowd that they used to win election.
For me, I only see envy and tribalistic hatred over igbos man pulling major weight to win.Yoruba people are wicked and useless for campaining for a dead man walking.
Nobody knows who will win this election, but under free and fair election, I can bet with my left testis that Peter Obi has atleast 70% chances of winning more than these two criminals.

If you know he will not win, why always rings it as bell all the time,if not that deep inside your mind,you know he is a serious threat and can win.
Me ans my Family are ready to waste my vote in Peter Obi,whether he wil loose or win,it is none of your business.Even Peter Obi is caught stealing
in the CBN headquarters,i wil stil vote for him. Focus on ur candidate and leave oor own candidate alone.No amount of blackmail wil change out mind. It is a murder like you will be campaining for APC after all the atrocities they committed, whose candidate is more dangerous than devil himself.

Itzteewhy:
Unfortunately, this man is saying the truth but some ignoramus would say otherwise. .....

On the other hand, let me say this, Peter obi ain't winning this election not even in generation to come....

Before any body would come for my head, let me tell you this. In Nigeria today, it has become a custom that we keep on making bad choices when it comes to electing a leader.

What makes you think this election would be different? Infact there is nothing like choosing between the good and the bad but rather the BAD and the WORSE.

The earlier we acknowledge the fact that, that messiah we are hoping for would never become the president of this country, the better it would be for all of us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nine PDP Adamawa Delegates Die In Car Crash / Sheriff’s Reinstatement, Rape On Democracy – Fayose / Blackout: Nigeria’s National Grid Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.