Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,243 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:18 AM

Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu (667 Views)

Strike: Return To Work, Tinubu Begs Health Workers / Tinubu: Obasanjo Jealous Of Me, Obi’s Endorsement Won’t Work / Wike To Anambra Delegates: Peter Obi Won’t Win Primaries, Don't Waste Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by OddsDoc(f): 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has hit back at former President Olusegun Obasanjo over his endorsement of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party for the February 25 presidential poll.

Tinubu, while addressing supporters at the APC presidential rally held at the University of Benin Sports Complex in Benin City, the Edo state capital on Thursday, said Obasanjo is “jealous” of his achievements.

He said the former President’s endorsement of Obi won’t work or make any difference in the outcome of the election.

According to Tinubu, “the blind” cannot lead “the blind”.

Tinubu recalled that as Lagos governor from 1999 to 2007, whilst Obasanjo was President, he “punished” him and millions of residents of Lagos by allegedly withholding local government funds that belonged to the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

According to Tinubu, both Obasanjo and Atiku Abubakar, his then Vice President and now presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, seized the Federal Government’s allocation to Lagos.

He said, “Can that man recommend a leader for you in Nigeria? Is that not sending an agent to pick your pocket?” Tinubu asked thousands of APC supporters at the rally.

“A blind leading the blind. I am sorry I am not insulting visually impaired people. But it won’t work, they will end up in the ditch. If I talk about Obasanjo and Obi…one who doesn’t know the way cannot show the way,” he added.

Obi’s endorsement by the former Nigerian military head of state between February 1976 and October 1979 has since provoked the candidates of the APC, the PDP, amongst others.

Recall that the leader of the Pan Niger Delta Forum, Edwin Clark also endorsed Obi as his preferred candidate.

Obi was also previously endorsed by leader of pan Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Ayo Adebanjo.

Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by derecho(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kikikiki... Comedian.
3 term president jealous of a person who can't face the media because of his shameful past?

Even Ambode achieved more than Tinubu in 4years.
He had to stop him out of envy

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by adefitim(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2023
Can February come and go
Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by Flora2Sweet: 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2023
Pains of a shaking Old Man...

I feel the Pain in his Voice
Chai...
Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2023
UnfairLife7:
JAGABAN is the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria

I honestly feel for Obi seriously

The show of shame of his campaign and the bad name he gave Psquare the upcoming artists performing in an empty field in PH is so embarrassing

I honestly feel for him on a more serious note

I sincerely wish he will not giveup just like his boss Atiku in contesting again after the election

Joke apart, I honestly feel for him
Oga stop worrying us with all these your copy and paste everywhere. Idi.ota
Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by Betanaija42moro: 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
This man does not talk like a presidential candidate
Re: Obasanjo Jealous Of My Achievements, Endorsing Peter Obi Won’t Work – Tinubu by Moh247: 3:10am On Jan 06, 2023
Obj and Ibb endorsement of a crook

(1) (Reply)

Whose Interests Does Emefile Serve ? / Why It'll Be Disastrous For Tinubu Or Atiku To Win / Lagos State Ready To Receive Peter Obi And Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.