Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,481 members, 7,929,592 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 05:22 PM

10 Ways To Be A Better Copywriter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Ways To Be A Better Copywriter (196 Views)

10 Ways To Know A Job Is Not For You / Top 10 Ways To Flop During A Job Interview / 10 Ways To Reduce Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Be A Better Copywriter by Coach18(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2023
Number 6 will shock you‼️‼️

1 make research a friend: great Copywriters don't assume they do research

2 have swipe files : swipe files are peculiar when it comes to Copywriting it makes writing converting copies easy instead of just writing from a blank head

it's also helps you avoid writers block

3 Read books related to Copywriting: yes reading books actually helps you gain more experience because inside books lies secrets of top Copywriters you probably haven't heard of

it's also helps you to avoid doing the same mistake as Copywriters who had come before you did and thereby saves you time and money.

4 Start with small/short copies first : most people often guess that great Copywriters are those who started writing long and converting copies fast

sometimes this isn't always the case as a newbie in order not to give yourself unnecessary stress, start with writing short copies first and also have a stand before migrating to long copies

also note that writing a long copy doesn't actually mean it will convert, sometimes short and precise copies does the job as long as it has attention grabbing headline and a badass hook (you know what I mean ��)

5 grow your story life : again this is like the no 3 most important feature of a good copy you must learn to write stories that relatable not just relatable but relatable to your audience

I was scrolling through Twitter and I saw this Twitter account and I will tell you I couldn't understand a single tweet this guy tweeted

this is how your copy should be. craft it to a point that only your ideal client can read and understand without running to a dictionary

6 use short and precise words : now let me address something real quick Copywriting is Copywriting it's not English language/studies
you don't need to cram all the big grammar in the dictionary to be able to write a converting copy
you should be able to write in such a way that would make your prospects to read through and understand every word without running to Google

7 have a mentor : having a mentor makes making a mistake nearly impossible now am not saying that you won't make mistakes, but with a mentor by your side you can avoid making mistakes especially those that will cost you

8 model someone else's work: now note this i didn't say copy I said model That's reading someone's copy and understand it

discover his/her

strategies they used

words they used

conversion rate

the method of approach (how they started and ended the copy) etc

9 know when to place your punctuation marks : this has everything to do with your copy because unconsciously the reader I giving you an impression which you don't know about when reading your copy

this is John's bag is not the same as this is johns' bag
note the difference

write as if you are talking to one person than as if you are talking to many people
as human being we love attention, always use more of you than WE or I,

people don't care about you so you have to make them feel that you are about them and them alone

Hope you got value

That’s it, if you need more clarifications
about anything I’ve said above, you can hit me up on whatsapp: 09053016292

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Ppa / Copywriter Or Content Writer?? / Which Of The Presidential Candidates Has The Capacity To Create Jobs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.