Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,668 members, 7,911,807 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Do People Sleep In Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In Church (11355 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? / Why Do People Sleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by bxg(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
Church services ar just 2 long undecided undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Yeske2(m): 10:13pm On Sep 04, 2011
Problem is i don't even know my problem. When i used to be a church attendee and it's time for praise and worship(ijo adaraya), see me sweating it out but when whoever would preach mounts the pulpit, the only thing i remember is the closing prayer and the funny thing is i don't even feel sleepy when i get home.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by ehie007(m): 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2011
boring service in church is equivalent to a boring seminar or session or training, or lecture, e.t.c, sermons, lectures, seminars are not interesting, they are solely dependent on the pastor, or lecturer e.t.c, so its not only pertaining to church alone, even meetings at times make u sleep, our brains are tuned to graphical stuff,
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by osasp(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2011
for me its my boring pastor
. . .and the fact i dont see my age group there. . i just stopped going
now its black ops every sunday cool
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2011
i sleep in church to get inspiration
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by sandee575(f): 12:16am On Sep 05, 2011
I think many among the congregation do have problems with understanding what the pastor is saying during the sermon due their limited knowledge of English grammar. Some others among them dont even know English at all. You dont find it easy keeping awake for two hours reading lips. Some who can cope with understanding cannot relate to what the pastor is saying. Others have had no sleep at home due lack of electricity to make life a bit comfortable and there they find solace in the airconditioning. Its made worse when the church assigns urshers the task to keep the poor souls awake like vigilantes.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Rastamann: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2011
Which kind question be dis? People slip in church to drim and see God na!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by darqly(m): 12:52am On Sep 05, 2011
Firstly, i think not ALL men of God are called to preach. We all have various gifts- the man may be a good researcher but has poor delivery. He can draw up the sermon, get the background material but he doesn't have to TEACH it.
Secondly, if you go to church with no expectations, you will not be disappointed- you will leave as you came, empty. Even if i don't sleep in church, sometimes I come away with precious little lessons. Try to empty yourself of SELF in God's presence; sometimes your lesson for the day comes not from the sermon, but the choir or a testimony.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by medstyle22: 1:43am On Sep 05, 2011
Men Am rolling on the floor @ ur comments, Its good to say the truth though
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by MMM2(m): 4:56am On Sep 05, 2011
maybe dey where clubbing last nite
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by tEsLim(m): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2011
If you mean sleep in church as in stay there for long periods and do vigils - Answer: Because they want to disturb god fervently!

If because they doze of during a service - Answer: Because the god story doesn't make sense anymore and they're so bored from hearing the same thing. Even sometimes they try to change church and listen to the story from another pastor and its still same old thing. They need a new bible featuring Osama Bin Ladin , and all the new things that have happened
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by felifeli: 8:41am On Sep 05, 2011
@OP
Why are you unable to sleep in church ? Maybe you need valium
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Talking(m): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2011
Funny but a very critical topic. I once saw a mount zion movie where the 'devil' comes to church and sits beside people, and gives them a knock on the head to induce sleeping! grin grin Once the service is over, the sleep ceases! angry angry I think it is more spiritual than physical. Taking sweets could help a little.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by yeye4live(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
if d ppastors re boring,it make pple sleep
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Ikroberts: 1:28pm On Sep 05, 2011
may be, some of them were on night duty, like security
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by itune1(f): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
SPIRITUAL LAZINESS, INDISCIPLINE, CARNALITY, INDIFFERENCE, the list goes on, i dont think it has anyfin to do wf the devil, IT IS YOU YOURSELF, but the good news is that it can be corrected, just make up ur mind no to.and it will work cos it worked for me,
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by Image123(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2011
i tune has said it in brief. Sleeping in church is largely due to indiscipline. Indiscipline will make you to also sleep at work so its not necessarily a matter of boring. Once some peopl are not actively engaged, they start sleeping. Though in some cases, especially prayers, its usually a result of the flesh being averse to spiritual things.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by osangdanie(m): 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
some times is not the fault of the pastor or preaching? when a church is keeping people for too long, what is it that you want to tell the church members that you will not tell them for 1-2hours,

1.boarring preaching, choirs, even the environment is not conducive.
COME TO DAYSTAR CHRISTIAN CENTRE, the service time is 1hour 15min and the service is over.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by ChiDalu1: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2011
ikechukz:

some pastors are way boring.i think church ushers should move around with pepper spray,that would be a cure fore the sickness

Oh my God. . .Hahahaaaaa!!, this guy is funny, pepper spray indeed!!!.

The bible says the flesh wars against the spirit & the Spirit against the flesh. The flesh on its own is not attune to the word of God, does not find it palatable so it's easy to want to sleep in church when the word is being preached, it is natural. The battle is urs to fight to subdue your flesh by staying awake

The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, it's up to subdue your flesh
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by An0nimus: 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
toba:

i sleep in church to get inspiration
u go fear inspiration na.lol

I used to sleep very well in Church services.Nowadays, I hardly sleep. I just try my best to be interested in God's business. if your mind no dey there, your mind no dey

3hrs out of 168 hrs of a week, and some people still sleep.na only God go save us sha
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by splitnaija(m): 8:56am On Sep 06, 2011
Most church-goers are just there to show to neighbours and friends that the attend church services especially on Sundays. That's why most of them sleep in church cos their minds are not there.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Church by mustspin: 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
felifeli:

@OP
Why are you unable to sleep in church ? Maybe you need valium
gbam. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Time Is Evident In This Shocking News / Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. / 7 Most Visited 'catholic' Adoration Ministries In Naija With Shocking Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.