Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,379 members, 7,910,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:59 PM

VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier (371 Views)

Ronaldo: Messi Rivalry Changed Football History But Is Gone / Ronaldo: I Will Leave Football If Messi Wins Ballon D’or This Year / VAR May Be Banned/suspended When Football Returns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2023
Imagine if VAR was available during this matches,
the outcomes might have been...
VERY DIFFERENT and would have altered football
history as we know it.

Chelsea1 vs 1 Barcelona 2009 Semi-final

Madrid 4 vs Bayern 2 2017 Semi-final

Luiz Suarez Handball vs Ghana
2010 world cup

Lampard Disallowed Goal vs Germany
2010 world cup
Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
Barcelona might have not won the UCL

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2023
Bayern Might have Made a Comeback

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Abfinest007(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
It won't change a thing .i remember Chelsea Liverpool Carling cup final .lukaku goal was rule outside but mane score that same goal.var refuse to check
Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ghana might have progressed to the semi-final of the 2010 world cup.

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Zonefree(m): 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Na that Chelsea- Barcelona match pain me well well. E be like the ref had a bet against Chelsea that night.

1 Like

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
England Might have had a better chance to
defeat Germany in the 2010 World Cup
quarter-final.

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by xareal(m): 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2023
You didn't even talk about the main one..maradonas hand of God grin
Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 08, 2023
xareal:
You didn't even talk about the main one..maradonas hand of God grin

You're Right

There are so many Iconic goals that would have
been disallowed if VAR had always existed.

Maradona got away with that one.

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by mayor1814: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
I think that Suarez handball was well handled by d referee. He was given a red card and Ghana was awarded a penalty.

Others that might have changed include

1. Maradona 86 world cup handball.

2. Nigeria vs Cameroon 2000 nations cup final shoot out. Victor IKPEBA goal would have been awarded and likely Nigeria could have won the match.

3. Lampard goal disallowed at 2010 world cup.

4. Ronaldo controversial goal against Beyern Munich in UCL.
Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Blake755: 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ayo13945:

How is that possible when Ghana was awarded pk but Gyan didn't score

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 08, 2023
Blake755:

How is that possible when Ghana was awarded pk but Gyan didn't score

Imagine if Gyan scored and Ghana were the first African Team to reach the World Cup Semi-Finals, they would have been taunting and shaming
Nigerian football, which would only make the
rivalry stronger.

As of Now, Ghana is far beyond Nigeria in terms
of National Football Development.
Re: VAR May Have Changed Football If Invented Earlier by Kenneth10110(m): 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2023
Ayo13945:

Remove this Ghana was awarded the penalty and Suarez was shown a red card it was a legitimate and correct decision. Asamoah Gyan lost the penalty and Luis Suarez was even jubilating on his way out after his red card.

Recently Suarez was interviewed at the world cup before the Uruguay vs Ghana match.

“The Ghana player (Asamoah Gyan) missed the penalty, not me,” insisted the former Liverpool forward.

Since the unfortunate incident 12 years ago, today’s game here in Qatar is the first time both countries will meet at this senior level of the game.

“I don’t apologise for it. I apologise if I injure a player but I took a red card for the handball. It wasn’t my fault (that Ghana went out) because I didn’t miss the penalty,” Suarez insisted defiantly.

(1) (Reply)

Choosing The Best Latest Cricket Shoes For Maximum Performance / 5 Most Expensive Trophies In The World Of Football / UCL Special Markets On Liverpool Vs Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.