Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,025 members, 7,939,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

This Is Urgent Please. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is Urgent Please. (12196 Views)

urgent please!!At What Period Does Removing A Pregnancy Becomes Abortion?? / Any Neurologist Here (port Harcourt)? Urgent Please! / Urgent Please-sickle Cell blood group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Urgent Please. by shegosay: 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
The doctor in the house i will like you to assist me on this matter.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2011
Is the discharge foul-smelling? Is there any itching? Do you ever have pain during intercourse? Do you have pain in the lower abdomen?

It sounds like your doctor is dumbing things down for your to understand but what he's saying sounds reasonable. I'll listen to him if I were you. Be patient and follow his prescription. If you're the discharge is still there in a week or if you develop any new symptoms, you should get a second opinion, preferably from a gynaecologist.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by shegosay: 10:18pm On Sep 04, 2011
The discharge is white,both is not smelling like before when it was yellow,
the white substances is like pap but does not have any odor attatched.thanks for
your contribution.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by TSpayne: 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2011
Now poster,
Youve left out a some important detail.
Was any High Vaginal Swab or even a urine test done ?
If yes, what was the organism(s) Isolated ?
From the list of medications you mentioned, it appears you were being treated for both bacterial and fungal infections.
Peflacine is ususally given for gram -ve and +ve
bacterial infection.
Nizoral , sebrastren cream are both antifungal medication.
Im sorry but without telling us what specific organism you were being treated for or without a recent microbioloby lab report, its unlikely you can get any effective treatment.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by EvilBrain1(m): 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2011
T-Spayne:

Now poster,
Youve left out a some important detail.
Was any High womanly Swab or even a urine test done ?
If yes, what was the organism(s) Isolated ?
From the list of medications you mentioned, it appears you were being treated for both bacterial and fungal infections.
Peflacine is ususally given for gram -ve and +ve
bacterial infection.
Nizoral , sebrastren cream are both antifungal medication.

@OP I agree. A thick, white, odourless discharge sounds like a fungal infection while a yellow, foul-smelling one is likely to be bacterial. The thing is that taking antibiotics increases the risk of having a fungal overgrowth. Plus antibiotics can make fungal infections harder to cure so its possible that you started with both a bacterial infection and a fungal one, and now, just the fungus is left.

Fungi are normally present in the va.gina and aside from some itching, they are usually harmless so I wouldn't worry about it. Keep taking your drugs and go back to see the doctor in a week or two.

Im sorry but without telling us what specific organism you were being treated for or without a recent microbioloby lab report, its unlikely you can get any effective treatment.

Not true. You can definitely treat pelvic infections without knowing the actual cause. Its even recommended by the WHO for bush places like Nigeria. You need to understand that those tests are not always available here and in any case, most of our people can't afford them. You just need to cover the most likely causes and then test those who don't get better. Another advantage is that the patient can start treatment immediately instead of waiting for 2-3 days for your culture result.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by Russialane(m): 12:02am On Sep 05, 2011
undecided
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by shegosay: 9:26am On Sep 05, 2011
Am so gratful for the reply so far.I did three kind of test. I shall list them out and the result of each of test. :URINE(yielded moderate growth of Staph.anrens after 24hrs of incubation at 37 'oc.) the second test was HVS-MICRO (pus cells-0-2hpf Epith cells-(H) , yeast cell-H, T.vaginalis -NEY. The third test was called Culture( yielded moderate growth of Candida albican and Scanty Staph.anreus After 24hrs incubation at 37'oc) i hope the doctor knws wht the actual spelling especially (annens,and albican).Thanks
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by TSpayne: 10:35am On Sep 05, 2011
shegosay:

Am so gratful for the reply so far.I did three kind of test. I shall list them out and the result of each of test. :URINE(yielded moderate growth of Staph.anrens after 24hrs of incubation at 37 'oc.) the second test was HVS-MICRO (pus cells-0-2hpf Epith cells-(H) , yeast cell-H, T.vaginalis -NEY. The third test was called Culture( yielded moderate growth of Candida albican and Scanty Staph.anreus After 24hrs incubation at 37'oc) i hope the doctor knws wht the actual spelling especially (annens,and albican).Thanks
Many thanks poster for confirming that you DID do tests and have the results. When you say T.vaginalis -NEY, do u mean it was NEGATIVE ?
The correct terms are
''Staph. aureus'' and ''Candida albicans''
It appears the peflacine was prescribed for the staph infection and the nizoral and cream for the candida. Staph can manifest as a yellowish discharge so I dont think your Dr was wrong by saying the drugs are ''washing out'' the infection when the discharge turned white. Since youve already started on the drugs its best you complete the doses. But if the infection persists afterwards, it may mean you have a resistant infection. In the meantime follow your current treatment plan.
Any further questions or enquiries concerning STIs can be directed to
www.facebook.com/mytotalhealth or
totalhealthng21@gmail.com
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by shegosay: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2011
Thanks i shall do as you said ,am told to take the drugs for 15days,(peflacine tab)
which am in my 6th days.i hope positive result will come out after full usage.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by Greenslim: 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2011
Going for test will be beta.
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by shegosay: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2011
You mean i should do any test or what?
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by prettymayannah: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2013
please doc in d room,i need your help.i'v bin having disitching fin4 a yl whch i'v bin treatinbt seems all i'v bin using nt wokin,did a text n d result was candidal n staph aureus and was told to tke gentamicin injection whch i did nd flagyl bt it seems d infection is bcomin harder nd d flygyl makin me feel sick,sleepy nd as if i wanna vomit,realy feelin bad in a nutshel.could u pls advice on what to tke.note;went to lab n treatd it lyk 2months ago bt after som weeks,it relaps
Re: This Is Urgent Please. by ubahtraco: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2016
Need help on on My health who is the doctor here

(1) (Reply)

201 Edo Health Workers Test Positive For COVID-19 / Lagos Ebola Volunteers Threaten Strike Over Lack Of Payment / COVID-19 Update For November 6 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.