Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,150 members, 7,977,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:32 AM

My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% (12368 Views)

MTN, Globacom, Airtel, 9mobile Crash Data Price By 33.3% / Infinix Hot S Won't Charge / My phone won't charge with wall charger but charges slowly withcomputer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by everythinggirly(f): 11:06am On Jan 10, 2023
Iphone get him own wahala.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Kingpele(m): 11:06am On Jan 10, 2023
Throw it in the river
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by elmas(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2023
Change the port
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by TheHumanOrion: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2023
That's where the logic lies. The Battery Health indicator told a lie.
dustmalik:
What are the chances that an iPhone 7 that came out 7 years ago, has a battery health of 100%? That should have been a red flag for you.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Kollabo419: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2023
Nna mehnn
Change the battery 4k
Come D-line Eko computer village ask of ögwukariri
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Tboymessiah(m): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2023
Check wetin this Mumu gat to talk again

[quote author=
Check the Integrated circuit,
That's where the problem lies.

Meanwhile,
From IPhone to 0Phone

From all of us at [/quote]
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by lusid: 11:23am On Jan 10, 2023
Kingv:
The I.C (Integrated Circuit) responsible for charging is damaged. Meet an engineer to change it for you
is IC same as charging point?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Ijaya123: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:
My iphone 7 started restarting by itself yesterday, it will work for like a minute and restart again so I thought probably it's the battery misbehaving.

I allowed the battery to run down with the hope that it'll reset itself if I charge it from 0 but the hope was dashed when the battery failed to charge more than 3% for hours.

Note that the battery health is 100%.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have an idea what could be the problem and how to fix it?

How can a phone that was produced in 2016 has 100% battery health?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Veeryeasy(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2023
You have been misled buy another iphone 7
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by lusid: 11:33am On Jan 10, 2023
femijamz:
The battery did not clip very well or u change the battery. If the same problem persist that means the charging IC is bad
what is ic
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Abudu2000(m): 11:33am On Jan 10, 2023
Apple knows what they are doing. You think they became the richest company by letting people use older phones? grin cheesy
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2023
Fake Iphone.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Ghotze: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2023
The remaining 97% don go find better work, country hard my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Omniman(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:
That phone is dead already, just get another one asap. That's how all iPhone 7 dies including mine 3years ago.. It usually starts with you replacing the battery up to like 3times before that boot issue finally kills it. I lost important work data that cost me millions. Since then I never used an iPhone again and I'm not sure I will, maybe as a 3rd phone but not will I trust any useful data on an iPhone again coz till date I still suffer the loss.
iPhone is for the new generation, u can't find someone who value his data using only an iPhone, I haven't. It's for show off, nothing gets done with it

Have you ever heard of iCloud?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Akanbimi: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2023
How long have you had the phone?

100% BH doesnt mean battery is good. Most replaced batteries will show 100% BH even rhe fake ones. However, with the charging problem.....it's likely the charging IC and its from the board.

Revealix:
My iphone 7 started restarting by itself yesterday, it will work for like a minute and restart again so I thought probably it's the battery misbehaving.

I allowed the battery to run down with the hope that it'll reset itself if I charge it from 0 but the hope was dashed when the battery failed to charge more than 3% for hours.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have an idea what could be the problem and how to fix it?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Sammy101111(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2023
Change the battery
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Adimx567(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

The iphone 7 charging ic is responsible for that.
Replace it and it will work well.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by phemmyfour: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

The bord is gone, damaged charging IC suspected, it's time to get a new phone
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by smoke555: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Issues like this are mostly battery related. In some cases it has to do with software update.
So just know that it's either you are required:
1-to replace the battery or
2-to update the phone software.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Sleekfingers: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
updatechange:
Dem they buy new iPhone for Nigeria?

Yes......

I can never buy any used whatever......
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Speakz: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Easy fix if you have the right tools.

Your phone fell down most likely and the battery connection is now loose.

Try to open the phone and plug in the battery properly.

If you cant do it yourself, have someone more experienced do it for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Teeroyzimma: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
Do we resemble phone repair shop
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by space9880: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:
That phone is dead already, just get another one asap. That's how all iPhone 7 dies including mine 3years ago.. It usually starts with you replacing the battery up to like 3times before that boot issue finally kills it. I lost important work data that cost me millions. Since then I never used an iPhone again and I'm not sure I will, maybe as a 3rd phone but not will I trust any useful data on an iPhone again coz till date I still suffer the loss.
iPhone is for the new generation, u can't find someone who value his data using only an iPhone, I haven't. It's for show off, nothing gets done with it
lol Oga what happened to your iCloud?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by joskab4sure: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2023
Dear Nairalander,

I have the same issue with my newly bought android phone last 2 weeks, the phones was just 11/2 month,I took it to Carlcare center and the charging port was changed.
Now the phone is working very well.
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by powalez: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2023
Your own na lphone nobi iphone
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by treatise: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

Is Apple Inc still supporting Iphone 7 ?
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by EbenezerTriumph: 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ghotze:
The remaining 97% don go find better work, country hard my brother.
fooool grin grin grin
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by Moniya4Real(m): 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:

But I thought you would have had All your stuff and data stored on iCloud, which could have been retrieved after getting a new iPhone
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by edunaragold(f): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Your charger pot is bad or battery is bad
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by DAVE5(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Revealix:

The problem could be either of 3 things

1. Battery is weak
2. The charging port is bad
3. The charging ic is dead

Consult a repair shop to help you get it fixed
You could contact @protafix on Instagram or Twitter, we can fix it for you
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
visaclick:

iPhones aren't for show off in my opinion. They have a use case in the market. I switch between an iPhone as my main and a Samsung as my alt. Both have very different uses
Re: My Iphone Won't Charge Pass 3% by airsaylongcome: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2023
space9880:
lol Oga what happened to your iCloud?

Epp me ask am

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Classical Background Images For Innjoo(injury) & Others. / Iphone Unlock In Nigeria Available / Unlinking NIN From Recycled Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.