Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,947 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

The Power Of Culture - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Power Of Culture (135 Views)

The Spiritual Power Of Sea Salt / Igbo Custodians Of Culture. How Do We Base Seniority Among Wives? / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Culture by philus66(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
CAUTION: LONG READ BUT LIFE
TRANSFORMING!!!

Culture is defined as the way of life of a people. That statement is a total truth. Culture shapes the life of a man,it creates a kind of mindset for a man,it creates decision making patterns for a man.

Culture builds an ecosystem in the life of a man,in this ecosystem everyone thinks the same,acts the same,talks the same and every other thing that follows. This ecosystem in most cases does give anybody the liberty to act differently,it will take something stronger to change the view of any man about their culture.
Take for instance, how can you convince a Yoruba man that Amalu and Ewedu belongs to the Igbo tribe of Nigeria?. It will take a mammoth effort to achieve that.

Culture is not a bad thing ,it is the very foundation of the society,it is what colours the society. Now this is the catch, individually we all have our culture, behavioral attitudes. That is things we grew up to meet,things that are practiced around us,things we are familiar with,some are good some are bad.
Take for instance,a father that has a bad money spending habit,his children will be born and then grow up to meet a bad culture,if not taught otherwise the pattern will continue. So whichever culture we were born into,or we grew up to meet,the ones practiced around us that are not really healthy it is time to have a change. We want to look at some triabl steps in achieving this.

1.OBSERVE AND ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTION "IS THIS GOOD FOR ME"?: a careful observation of what is practiced around you is the number one step to having a change of culture. Be careful enough to note things down if you can. Identify the kind of culture practiced around you and make your choice.

2.MAKE PLANS TO CHANGE AND ADOPT A NEW CULTURE.

3. BE DETERMINED: the truth is, adopting a new culture, character is not a task it is a battle because you are no longer swimming with the tides but against it. Everything you were used to before will come militating against your new practice. Stay sharp and don't slip.

4. WELCOME TO A NEW LIFE.

NOTE: this does not apply to our tribal culture, I mean who we are born as. This is strictly a behavioral practice.

I want to use this medium to thank Mr.Best here on Nairaland for having me write his content for his product. Thank you very much Mr.Best, thank you Nairaland.

I am Mejebi Theophilus,a copy and content writer with niches in Business, Education, Leadership, Christianity, Lifestyle and Politics. Contact me via WhatsApp for any of your writing affairs. Thank you. 09043920175
Watch out for more of my contents.

(1) (Reply)

Truelovestillexist / Nigeria's NO.1 Moving Company (pack N Moove) / The Core Importance Of Drilling A Borehole In Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.