Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,184 members, 7,880,691 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:36 AM

In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? (10911 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by dvee2: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2011
It is not enough to just cite verses from the quoran,the question is understanding what was the concept of those verses.where and when are those verses release and who are the target. i leave you to read further or ask.
Having said that,the question is what are the solution to Boko Haram crises and for me i believe we must start by stopping them from recruiting members and future potential suicide bombers. How do we do that ?INTELLIGENCE, Education and standard of living.i will explain:
I was  a witness when an extremist islamic scholar absconded with about 20 children belonging to poor and middle class children in a village in central nigeria. before that happened the scholar had moved in and stayed for three months and parents have reported to authorities about the extreme nature of his preaching,what were our security agencies doing?
How do an islamic scholar brainwash a HND 1 female student dropping out from school to abscond with him negecting her parents objection. how do they brainwash a graduate to tear his certificate and follow their radical views?
We must dissociate from tagging every muslim a terrorist or Boko haram.you might in the process drive the moderate to extremism if their knowledge is weak.Our intelligent agency must step up,the people standard of living must be improved all accross Nigeria and finally our Northern state governors must make education a priority.When someone is preaching western education is a sin,its the government responsibility to counter such argument systematically and practically.God bless Nigeria.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Mubz(m): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2011
okunboy:

I beg to disagree in view of the following verses:

Qur'an:4:95 -----"Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard, fighting Jihad with their wealth and bodies to those who sit (at home). Unto each has Allah promised good, but He prefers Jihadists who strive hard and fight above those who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward."

Qur'an:9:111 -------"Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and their goods. For them

(in return) is the Garden (of Paradise). They fight in Allah's Cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed."

@kwellu, the colored phrases, words in the surahs above were to me referring to a physical engagements rather than intellectual one as you have said in your analysis above. Amazing, there are so many hadiths and surahs all pointing to this fact.
The mistakes you pointed out about the jihad that I made was apparently not my words, it is a quote from Noble Qur'an:2:190 Footnote.

@nagoma, if that above is correct, then can we say then that all other surahs are refering to muslims in medina against the disbelievers of mecca in the 7th century? like these ones below:

Qur'an 9:29, "Fight those who do not believe in Allah or the Last Day, who do not forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, or acknowledge the Religion of Truth (Islam), (even if they are) People of the Book (Christians and Jews), until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission, feeling themselves subdued and brought low." [Another translation says:] "pay the tax in acknowledgment of our superiority and their state of subjection."

Qur'an 5:51, "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other."

Pls I don't mean to offend anyone here. None of those quotes were any of my word. I will not demean your religion, but when I find something like this qoutes in a holy book,  I need clarification.

If u have really taken ur time to know dis much, don't u think u ll ve had more undretsanding if u knew the situation frm which d verses were released. Summary; was due to the prophet bn opressed and cast out frm his hometown by kafir, , But then u r d jst an average "bokoram" think alike person, Thank God u r not a muslim cos its exactly pple like u dat are boko harams, extract a phrase or a clause frm a whole bunch of lots and use it as an excuse, Hmmmm, A little knowledge is very dangerous,
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
okunboy:

I beg to disagree in view of the following verses:

Qur'an:4:95 -----"Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no injurious hurt, and those who strive hard, fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause with their wealth and lives. Allah has granted a rank higher to those who strive hard, fighting Jihad with their wealth and bodies to those who sit (at home). Unto each has Allah promised good, but He prefers Jihadists who strive hard and fight above those who sit home. He has distinguished his fighters with a huge reward."

Qur'an:9:111 -------"Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and their goods. For them (in return) is the Garden (of Paradise). They fight in Allah's Cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed."

@kwellu, the colored phrases, words in the surahs above were to me referring to a physical engagements rather than intellectual one as you have said in your analysis above. Amazing, there are so many hadiths and surahs all pointing to this fact.
The mistakes you pointed out about the jihad that I made was apparently not my words, it is a quote from Noble Qur'an:2:190 Footnote.

@nagoma, if that above is correct, then can we say then that all other surahs are refering to muslims in medina against the disbelievers of mecca in the 7th century? like these ones below:

Qur'an 9:29, "Fight those who do not believe in Allah or the Last Day, who do not forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, or acknowledge the Religion of Truth (Islam), (even if they are) People of the Book (Christians and Jews), until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission, feeling themselves subdued and brought low." [Another translation says:] "pay the tax in acknowledgment of our superiority and their state of subjection."

Qur'an 5:51, "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other."

Pls I don't mean to offend anyone here. None of those quotes were any of my word. I will not demean your religion, but when I find something like this qoutes in a holy book,  I need clarification.

@okunboy, the word jihad can be a very vague word, and can have different meanings, depending on the context where it is being used. In the time of the prophet(SAW), the muslims were under heavy scrutiny and bombardments by the people of Quraish who were idol worshippers and were very adamant to the change that islam brought. Tortured plenty muslims, killing some, and even forcing the prophet out of his hometown. The jihad during this period was basically to defend the muslims from all this. Since it is in this context the Quran was revealed, it can be deduced that the way Jihad would be "fought" in our generation is different. It can be very misleading looking at a verse of the Qur'an from the English translation of the Arabic text. Its better to read the "Tafsir" of these verses before u use 'em to make a point.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by vinkela(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
We should not mistake extremism as being evidence of good followship in any religion.Most voilent extremist are usually very bitter people who seeks excuses from whatever source they can including misinterpreting religious teachings to cause untold pain and hardship to their follow human being.Even christainity where Jesus taught that if someone slaps your left cheek turn the right one for the person to slap also.people still find a way to misinterprete the bible to suit there taste for voilence
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by dvee2: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2011

Pls I don't mean to offend anyone here. None of those quotes were any of my word. I will not demean your religion, but when I find something like this qoutes in a holy book,  I need clarification.

OK my friend,what if i quote to you a verse from the same quoran which states the Jews and Christian are the people of the book just like you and you may take their hand in marriage? from the same book is it not contradictory? what it means is their are concept and time for each revelation in quoran,you need to know them to be able to understand why and how. Like someone pointed earlier,you are interpreting quoran the same way Boko Haram is doing wwhich is wrong.
If you are honest about wanting to understand,peolple have explain to you the concept in which some of this verses are revealed.then you compare the timing of the revelation with another verse that says you can take jews and christians as spouse. then you observe that this verse come later meaning that previous era has passed.
you beg to disagree because really your aim is not understand as is the usual practice but to disparge.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by jaydenbash: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2011
Our security system was not designed to protect everybody. The British designed it to protect themselves while they exploited their colony. They handed it over to the Nigerian elite who now use it to protect themselves and their families and interests. That is why most of our mobile policemen are deployed to protect one bigman, oyibo or their families and girlfriends.

One then wonders, what about the rest of us? Who is protecting us?

We need to redesign our security system in a way that will make everybody feel safe. Our security system is so bad that the police and military are involved in most high profile crimes such as oil bunkering, kidnapping and now terrorism.

The heart of any functional security system is the people. Nobody can plan implement bombing at the scale Boko Haram is doing without some people knowing about it. The problem is if you know about it would you really go to a policeman to report it? He might be part of the whole scheme. Even if he is not part of them, he might arrest you and charge you with all manner of crimes until you pay them money to release you.

The police especially have so alienated themselves from the public that even when crimes are committed in broad daylight, people are afraid to report what they saw to police.

We need to redesign our security system. Sack a lot of people in the police and retrain and equip the remaining ones. Of course we need to make the police force more appealing to intelligent people. The army, navy and airforce are already making changes, it is the turn of the police to reform.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by IbroSaunks(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2011
dvee2:

Pls I don't mean to offend anyone here. None of those quotes were any of my word. I will not demean your religion, but when I find something like this qoutes in a holy book,  I need clarification.

OK my friend,what if i quote to you a verse from the same quoran which states the Jews and Christian are the people of the book just like you and you may take their hand in marriage? from the same book is it not contradictory? what it means is their are concept and time for each revelation in quoran,you need to know them to be able to understand why and how. Like someone pointed earlier,you are interpreting quoran the same way Boko Haram is doing wwhich is wrong.
If you are honest about wanting to understand,peolple have explain to you the concept in which some of this verses are revealed.then you compare the timing of the revelation with another verse that says you can take jews and christians as spouse. then you observe that this verse come later meaning that previous era has passed.
you beg to disagree because really your aim is not understand as is the usual practice but to disparge.

well said!
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by skydeexie(m): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ Okunboy,  This has always been the problem with our muslim brothers and any other muslim for that matter. The usual excuse is that you're not a muslim or you don't know arabic, so you can't understand.  What a cheap way to avoid responsibility. You did not manufacture any of those quotes. These are straight from their books. The next usual argument is for them to start equating these open ended violent verses of instructions to that of the Bible which in reality was to a specific people, time and period.

We are yet to see the majority 1.5billion? muslims raise up against the so-called few radicals or extremists in their midst.

Boko Haram insist on having Sharia law implemented in all the so-called northern states. The question again arises as to what form, brand or type of sharia is being practiced now by the sharia states?   My guess is that the one being practiced now is not strict and violent enough to accommodate the war verses, therefore this new demand by Boko Haram for full implementation of sharia. Morever, the "infidels" are yet to be fully subjugated. If what we are experiencing now is "sharia lite", what happens next when the full heavy dosage is applied. For answers, ask Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, etc where muslims are in the majority. Ask Christian nationals of these various islamic countries for the "good" side of sharia.

Is Nigeria a secular or an Islamic state. The government should just tell Boko Haram the home truth and let them find something useful to do with their time.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by skydeexie(m): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ DVee2, I have a few questions:
1. Where do the extremists get their extreme views and actions from?
2. What are their sources of knowledge?
3. Why are they allowed to lead the way for the so-called majority 1.5billion muslims?
4. Why do they always quote your religious books (Quran & Hadiths) to support their violent actions?
5. When slaughtering a disbeliever they chant “Allahu Akbar” why?
6. Would you call Boko Haram, Osama bin Laden, Musab Al Zarqarwi, Aiyman Al Zawahiri, El-Zak Zaky as not true muslims?
7. Why are the majority moderates not protesting all over the world against the few extremists?

It seems the silent majority are more concerned with dress codes, cartoons and other trivial issues. This is the dilemma the Nigerian Government is facing right now. There seems to be no end in sight. Islam is trying by hook or crook to dominate the world as the “extremists” always carry on their placards. I like the part that always blames America and Israel for their problems. He he he “Death” to America and Israel. grin grin grin
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by vinkela(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2011
The worst part of the whole issue is that even if strict sharia laws are enforced it does not in anyway guarantee peace.check out states that have done it and judge for yourself.No matter what the demands of these Boko haram should never be granted but they should be made to pay for the damage they have already caused and to serve as a detterant to other group or sect.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by zikclassiq(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
The federal government should set up an anti-terrorism unit that is equipped with state-of-the-art gadgets and well-trained personnel like CTU in 24(Jack bauer).
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by PointB: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2011
There is no silver-bullet solution to the Boko Haram menace. However, the steps taken by government so far in view of limited capacity is in order.

Here is what I would have done.

1. Militarize the Boko Haram Zone (already done)
2. Infiltrate their ranks (eliminated top leaders, and create internal strifes)
3. Re-organise Security chiefs (partially done or in progress)
4. Solicit help from influential northerners (they seem not to be co-operating, or weighing their position)
5. Promise handsome rewards for tangible and actionable information on leadership of the group (not sure if this has been done and to what extent)
6. Massive radio, TV, print media, propaganda against Boko haram
7. Massive training and employment of jobless able bodied individuals in government sponsored project (more like done for MEND) (Not amnesty though)
8. Building of schools (Western Education styled schools) and encouragement of free and compulsory education in the North.
9. Of course deportation of suspicious illegal aliens (In progress)
10. Targeted and discriminate arrest, interrogation, and monitoring of suspects (in progress)
11. Declaration of curfew, and state of emergency, etc, (partially)

None of these is guaranteed to work in isolation, but over time, they are bound to yield result, working together. Unfortunately, patience seems to be what distinguishes GEJ from Nigerians generally, and Nairalanders specifically.  grin grin grin
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Xfactoria: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
Simple thing to do:

Communal approach is it. If Boko Haram has no community to operate, they cannot thrive.

GEJ should co-opt all traditional rulers in the North - I mean the Emirs and Village Heads into the Security Task Force and make it mandatory for them to report all suspicious Boko Haram or Sectarian activities in their domain to the Joint Task Force who should act on it. He should go further to read riot act to all the Emirs that should they fail, they will be deposed immediately and prosecuted for aiding and abating bombers!!!

Truth is these Emirs are in the grassroots and they know all these people or can constitute a vigilantee group that will fish them out in their communities but are not just doing anything either because they tacitly support the bombers or for political reasons that border on the 2015 "power shift to the North" by force or by fire.

I can bet my life that if Jonathan tries this, we will get to the root of it. He only need to depose one high rank Emir say the Shehu of Borno as example and you'll see that others will sit tight.

All these depends on Jonathan's guts sha. But if he ever finds that chuzpah, that is the way to go. Boko Haram will be history.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by gists: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2011
@Topic
I strongly believe curroption and injustice led to poverty in this once great nation. You have the right to disagree with me. The issue of BH and other militant groups would not have existed if we were just and less corrupt. Hence, in my own view their is absolutly nothing that GEJ can do to stop this except he addresses these two issues. I believe 90% of BH members and other militant groups will not participate in their evil deeds if they had meaningful work that can sustain them and their family. I don't see a responsible father that can afford 3 good meals for his family strapping bombs around his waist with the sole aim of killing himself and taking many more people with him. I am not suggesting amnesty, I am saying put measures in place that will guaranty justice and create employment. This can only be done in a non-corrupt nation.

@Okunboy & skydeexie
I really don't want to engage anybody on this topic because my experience is that people like you have made up your minds already and their is nothing people can tell you that will make you understand. skydeexie had already said we will soon start looking for similarities in the bible. But the fact is that the verses okunboy gave are just childs' play to the atrrocities in the bible. I will not provide any quote because it does not in any way add value to me or anybody. I will only advice you read your bible more (not just the sweet parts that your pastor uses every service). By the way terrorism is a global problem and not just with perceived muslims: where were you when christian millitia groups were building up heavy-duty military hardware in the US. Yes they used the bible verse (Luke) as a justification for wanting to killing police officers. Tell me how do these differ from BH? You talk about christians in Muslim dominated countries. May I ask Where were you when minority muslims in Bosnia were killed in countless numbers? Remember the christian Norwagian terrorist was later called an assailant. This mean he will likely get a life prison sentence and tax payers' money will be used to feed him everyday for the rest of his life.

Someone has raised a topic on how to get solution to BH, you could not provide even an unintelligent suggestion all you can do is blame it on muslims and Islam -what a shame!! tongue tongue. I REPEAT, TERRORISM IS A WORLD PROBLEM AND UNTIL PEOPLE LIKE YOU REALISE THIS FACT AND JOIN RESOURCES TOT STAMP OUT THE SCOURGE, TERRORISM WILL CONTINUE TO STRIVE.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by velo10: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2011
@pointb. your point make sense. thx for sharing
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by gists: 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2011
PointB:

There is no silver-bullet solution to the Boko Haram menace. However, the steps taken by government so far in view of limited capacity is in order.

Here is what I would have done.

1. Militarize the Boko Haram Zone (already done)
2. Infiltrate their ranks (eliminated top leaders, and create internal strive)
3. Re-organise Security chiefs (partially done or in progress)
4. Solicit help from influential northerners (they seem not to be co-operating, or weighing their position)
5. Promise handsome reward for tangible and actionable information on leadership of the group (no sure if this has been done and to what extent)
6. Massive radio, TV, print media, propaganda against Boko haram
7. [b]Massive training and employment of jobless able bodied individuals in government sponsored project
(more like done for MEND) (Not amnesty though)
8. Building of school (Western Education styled school) and encouragement of free and compulsory education in the North.
9. Of course deportation of suspicious illegal alien (In progress)
10. Target-ted and discriminating arrest, interrogation, and monitoring of suspect (in progress)
11. Declaration of curfew, and state of emergency, etc, (partially)[/b]
No of these is guaranteed to work in isolation, but over time, they are bound to yield result, working together. Unfortunately, patience seems to be what distinguishs GEJ from Nigerians generally, and Nairalander specifically. grin grin grin

All of these if done correctly will work. But the problem is; for how long? These in my view are short term solutions. Remember the BH leader was killed during Ya'rdua administration. But what do we have now? A bigger and even more deadly BH. Your item 7 looks desirable, but we will be sending a very wrong message across to the other regions of the country. Why should it be just able bodied individuals of the group? Does that not mean for you to get attention in Naija, you have to be a militant or BH or other maniac? I'll rather have a working policy that enable people get jobs or can be enterprenues so as to reduce poverty.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by redsun(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2011
The solution lies simply im the eradication of corruption in leadership. The youths need to be taght the golden rules to make them realize that they are creative and productive humans not mere footstools like in the case of almajirins,area boys and co
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by dvee2: 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ Okunboy,  This has always been the problem with our muslim brothers and any other muslim for that matter. The usual excuse is that you're not a muslim or you don't know arabic, so you can't understand.  What a cheap way to avoid responsibility. You did not manufacture any of those quotes. These are straight from their books. The next usual argument is for them to start equating these open ended violent verses of instructions to that of the Bible which in reality was to a specific people, time and period.

skydeexie

Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises?
« #40 on: Today at 01:56:00 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ DVee2, I have a few questions:
1.   Where do the extremists get their extreme views and actions from?
2.   What are their sources of knowledge?
3.   Why are they allowed to lead the way for the so-called majority 1.5billion muslims?
4.   Why do they always quote your religious books (Quran & Hadiths) to support their violent actions?
5.   When slaughtering a disbeliever they chant “Allahu Akbar” why?
6.   Would you call Boko Haram, Osama bin Laden, Musab Al Zarqarwi, Aiyman Al Zawahiri, El-Zak Zaky as not true muslims?
7.   Why are the majority moderates not protesting all over the world against the few extremists?

It seems the silent majority are more concerned with dress codes, cartoons and other trivial issues.  This is the dilemma the Nigerian Government is facing right now. There seems to be no end in sight. Islam is trying by hook or crook to dominate the world as the “extremists”  always carry on their placards. I like the part that always blames America and Israel for their problems. He he he “Death” to America and Israel.  

Hello Skydeexy,i was actually responding to @okunboy because he hinted he want to know.dont want a long argument with someone who had already made up his mind as hinted by your comment in green above.
From your comment is ok for us to believe certein verses in the bible are meant for specific people but you would not believe when majority here have written that some verses in the quoran the context is for specific period.how ingenious. However let me respond to your questions with out  digressing  from the main topic.
1. Extremist from all religion gets their views  by wrongly interpretation of their book and this is common in all religion.they can also be influence by radical scholar whose ideology is guided by hate or whatever reason.
2. I guess number answered this?
3. How do you mean them leading the way? A greater percentages of muslims have come out to denounce boko haram,but people like you prefer to propagate the extreme form as
the true interpretation just as you are doing above.you prefer the world to believe your version of interpretation because then you are happy islam is associated with terrorism. sorry truth is always different from falsehood
4. Just like other extremist quote their book,how does this justify to you that the religion is the cause.
5. Because like all terrorist including the swedish killer they have have pervarted version of their believe and are brainwashed
6. Who am i to judge these people? if i judge a human being i have descended to the level of the terrorist themself. What i know is that i am giving you the interpretation of majority of muslims/scholars.
7.When the danish terrorist kill over 100 people in the name of christianity,how many christians demonstrated?does that mean christians are symphatetic towards that act?no iguess is the answer. the truth is that many moslems have come out to condemn these terrorist,but people like you call them all terrorist.very soon someone here will call me boko haram member even though i have denounce their act simple sterotyping i guess.
let me give you an example Osama bin laden have been branded a terrorrist and expel from saudi arabia even before america starts looking for him,but you keep saying no one is doing anything.
Finally my friend we have digressse soo much from this topic which is simply how to stop the boko haram challange.this is the crux of the matter.you can only win this one if you agree and identify that that muslims and islam too is a victim in this madness.wish you well.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by PointB: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
gists:

All of these if done correctly will work. But the problem is; for how long? These in my view are short term solutions. Remember the BH leader was killed during Ya'rdua administration. But what do we have now? A bigger and even more deadly BH. Your item 7 looks desirable, but we will be sending a very wrong message across to the other regions of the country. Why should it be just able bodied individuals of the group? Does that not mean for you to get attention in Naija, you have to be a militant or BH or other maniac? I'll rather have a working policy that enable people get jobs or can be enterprenues so as to reduce poverty.

The points I itemized are not short term fixes; they are however long term complementary strategies used to combat terrorism. You deploy the military immediately to draw targets, and distract the terrorist, and give you a semblance of security while you tackle the root cause.

Without step one, you cannot achieve anything.

On the issue of employing able bodied men, dont get me wrong. I am not proposing a reward system for terrorist. However, I am of the opinion that if you can engage as many honest people as possible, you draw potential terrorist away from Boko Haram influence. Still, there is no silver bullet to the problem, tenacity and ability of the security agencies and policy makers to adapt (and quick) will help in a lot of way though.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Jayetiti(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2011
If christians and moslems can't co-exist here on NL I'm afraid we can't have a lasting solution to Nigeria problem, And talking about BH I go with point B.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Pk001(m): 5:23pm On Sep 05, 2011
Am so surprise that all those  anti GEJ and those blasting him have not yet made their own positive contribution on this thread.

Is now clear that it is just about name calling, insults and hatred, nothing more. And it actually  means GEJ is doing what is right at the moment.(maybe not enough)

But i want to add my own opinion here.

To an extend what okunboy is saying might not be far from the truth, maybe not well communicated.

Most of these terrorist use these quotations to justify their acts.
If these quotations are actually misunderstood as many Muslims claim,then why haven't them come so hard in condemning  these Terrorist or BH.

When I talk of coming hard I mean, Preaching it in all mosques, media stations, street talks  and so on. In such way that even a small boy in a koranic school will be able to explain the true meaning of those quotations.

Thats not the case in Nigeria, most of them are not bold enough to talk about it. Instead they quietly play paddy paddy with those having these extreme views.

Is it that they are afraid or that is what they themselves actually believe?

This Boko- Haram crises requires a change of ideology for a certain group of people before it can be completely resolved.
And this is where the true Muslims that believe that Islam is a religion of peace have to come forward  and air there views.
They should be more confident to teach the right things and expose any group that pushes  for violence.

As for GEJ, he should ensure that the SSS work very  professionally, not just relying on FBI and the rest. The should be scattered all around the suspected areas and be able get first hand information. All those involved should be brought to justice without delay. Their sponsors should be Identified ASAP and dealt with immediately. No amnesty deal!
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by kingsuwem: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2011
Terrorism is a global problem. No nation is immuned to this global menace.
The Federal Government and our security agencies should liaise with countries that have encountered terrorism before esp. Israel, USA, Uk, Spain, India etc.
Secondly, there should be thorough secrutiny of our security personnel. Some of them are compromised. Funds allocated for equipment and training of officers must not be embezzled as usual by the top shots.

Thirdly, the standard of living of Nigerians shoul
d be improved. All Nigerians should benefit from compulsory primary and secondary education. The country should also have a comprehensive data base for our populace. The Nigerian borders are too porous, something should be done about it.
Finally, we should de-emphasize religious and tribal politics and all forms of mediocrity.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by skydeexie(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
gists:

Someone has raised a topic on how to get solution to BH, you could not provide even an unintelligent suggestion all you can do is blame it on muslims and Islam -what a shame!! tongue tongue. I REPEAT, TERRORISM IS A WORLD PROBLEM AND UNTIL PEOPLE LIKE YOU REALISE THIS FACT AND JOIN RESOURCES TOT STAMP OUT THE SCOURGE, TERRORISM WILL CONTINUE TO STRIVE.

Agreed but check the statistics, how many terrorist attacks prior to 9/11 and after. Yes, terrorism is a global problem MAINLY FUELED BY ISLAM. As a user of the internet you can easily find out. How can you solve a problem without first identifying the source? Do you by any stretch of the imagination think or believe the Fed. Gov. does not have a solution to the BH dilemma? Even Mohammed Abacha says his late father could have nipped this problem in the bud. Unless we just want to entertain ourselves here. And now to your other observations:

Apart from this quotation from the Book of Matthew and the other gospels, “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”” Matthew 28:18-20 NIV.

Pls. educate me and give me the benefit of doubt, I am not aware of any other open ended command from the Bible that is instructing Christians today to go and slay unbelievers and to subdue them until only the religion and the worship of Allah prevails. The Quran and the Ahadiths are replete with such open commands that have no restriction to time, place or application, and this my friend is the scourge and source of this problem we are saddled with today. The terrorists (Jihadists) do quote profusely from these books both before and after their devilish acts of terror. Rather, its the moderate followers of Islam that are regarded as not being true followers of their prophet and Allah. If we are being accused of quoting "out of context" (another gimmick always employed by islamic debaters), then tell us the true context of such open ended commands to the believers.

The Christians true warfare is not between flesh and blood. Yes, Christians are commanded to 'fight' but in this manner clearly spelt out in the Book of Ephesians 6:10-20. "10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." (NIV)

Coloured are the weapons used for Christian warfare. Above is the greatest war that any body can fight in this world - it is a war for life itself, ending only after ones physical death. Can you call the above verses as 'sweet'? The Jihadists believe so much in physical combat just like their prophet did. Our minds are not closed as you suggested but just that we say the truth a little more bluntly than the usual run-of-the-mill press, rehash commentaries and laughable solutions. Unfortunately the Fed. Gov. has the solution to BH at their finger tips, but will never implement it for fear of offending islam and muslims in view of the "bully boy" nature of islam.

We can gist well if you truly want a workable solution to the problem. Nigeria is suppose to be a free country where everybody is free to practice his or her faith.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by skydeexie(m): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
"Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God" The main weapon of the Christian inadvertently left out from the previous post.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by PointB: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2011
velo10:

@pointb. your point make sense. thx for sharing

You are welcome!
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by eherbal(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
my opinion na collateral damage.make U.N drop dat tin wey america drop for second world war for borno,cikena!nobody o miss dem anyway.animals
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by okunboy: 8:59pm On Sep 05, 2011
Thanks @ skydeexie. Anybody that needs a genuine solution to boko haram extremism will ask the sincere questions. What's their motivation? What's the source?They want sharia implemented in all the states of the federation (including east, south and west). The official name of boko haram is Jama'atu Ahlis Sunnah Liddaawati Wai Jihad which in Arabic means "People Committed to the Propagation of the[b] Prophet's Teachings and Jihad[/b]". So the burden to discover the true meaning of these teachings and jihad is place on us all, if we must know how to tackle it. We can't shy away from it. Some of you reeling out steps of what govt should do to stop them are less informed. I will advise you to take a tour to study their source, the 'holy books', read from the Sunnah as recorded by Bukhari, Muslim, Ishaq, and Tabari - Islam’s earliest and more trusted sources. I was indeed trouble to know how somebody will be willing to kill himself and others to justify a cause. So I took a time to study those works and it was revealing. In my search, I wanted to know if its the people that has made a terror of their religion or the other way. I discovered tonnes of facts. I will not want to stir any controversy on this thread, I will not want to offend some people so I keep them to myself. I will advise any  muslim who hold an opposing view to that of boko haram, hamas, alqaeda etc to also take time to study all these books. There is a big gap between perception and truth! God bless you.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Projectors(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2011
GEJ should be ready to make some tough decision and also step on toes.

Had it being is BABA IYABO - boko haram go run.

God will save us.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by EagleNest(m): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
Nigeria is suffering from many diseases of which Boko Haram is one of it. The disease called Boko Haram have not been properly diagnosed by our doctors(Nigeria securities) to know the extent of it's spread and operation. At the moment it spreads like cancer but not as infectious as HIV(corruption). The poster is asking for cure when there is no clear diagnosis about the disease (Boko Haram). GEJ imported antibiotics from Israel as a temporary check after attack on UN building. When a disease (Boko Haram) is spreading like this, the best thing to do is to quarantine until the root cause of the disease is known and solution applied. At the moment there is no immunity nor immunization from the rampaging disease. Doctors without borders(US CIA/FBI) however can be of help at least on how to contain this disease otherwise it is possible to apply chemotherapy (Odi Style) or cut-off the infected arm (divide Nigeria into regions and let the North go there way). Research is still ongoing,
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by gists: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
Projectors:

GEJ should be ready to make some tough decision and also step on toes.

Had it being is BABA IYABO - boko haram go run.

God will save us.

Baba iyabo's method didn't last until Yaárdua came with some form of economic empowerment for the ND militants even thoguh I am not in support of granting criminals be it ND militants or Boko Haram amnesty. That's why I have my reservation to limit the solution to military actions. Of course they i.e BH needs to be quarantined (like the analogy made by EagleNest) but I insist that should be a short term solution. because even if you wipe them all out today, and we don't destroy the terrorist producing factory by the name poverty the son of corruption, you can be rest assured that a new BH or something worse will come along in no too distant future. I'll recommend millitary action first as short term solution and sincere, genuine and sustained fight against corruption.

@skydeexie
Now you amuses me!! First you are giving explanations on just a few verses from the bible  (the mildest of what some christians can use as excuse to kill) and you expect non christians to take your word for it while you don't even want to listen to the explanations of the muslims about the Quranic verses. After that you started giving the sweet parts your pastor uses. Mind you the verses you provided are not even near the clear-cut instrustions to kill in the bible.

skydeexie:

"Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God" The main weapon of the Christian inadvertently left out from the previous post.

I promised not to give any biblical quote, but since you generously provided the word "sword", let me give you a short list of keywords in the bible to be executed with sword: "KILL", "UTTERLY DESTROY", "SPARE THEM NOT", "SELL YOUR CLOAK AND BUY A SWORD, etc" (sorry if I got the phrase wrong but a good xtian will know the verse). I do not intend to convince you or anybody about any religion. You have the right to think whatever you like. The problem is with people like you in the press (particularly western press) who lives in self denials about xtians worldwide are non-violent against all obvious facts the likes of Ratko Mladić would have committed lots of atrocities b4 they are brought to book (if ever)
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Muntula: 11:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
Guys our case in Nigeria is like that of a Catholic marriage. In a Catholic marriage divorce is not an option. How do you make Catholic marriages work? By understanding one another, by appreciating our differences and by reaching appropriate compromises. Once we begin to do this and do away with parochialism and unnecessary fears of one another, once we can begin to respect each another as unique creations of God in his own image, we can work hard at justice for all.  Peace and development will follow in its wake.
Re: In Your Own Opinion, What Is The Solution To The Boko-haram Crises? by Muntula: 12:12am On Sep 06, 2011
Pally why guys de complain about Boko Haram?  Boko Haram is fullfilling the prophesy of the bible. Think of all the terrorist attacks in the bible.
1) The first case that is most pertinent to this thread is that of Jacob and Esau.I will use the term CIVIL ASSAULT for what happened in that case. Esau definitely suffered MENTAL ANGUISH due to Jacob's action.

1a) The whole concept of bombing and killing and cheating started with Jacob. Genesis 27:28 He got the blessing by cheating.

Genesis 35: But he said, “Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.”

1b) The whole course of justice and retribution then comes in. After ALL the CHEATING and LYING and STEALING of another man's blessings nemesis will come ONLY when the cheated manbecomes restless and dissatisfied and FIGHTS BACK. Genesis 27:40

2) The next examples I can think of are those of people like GERONIMO, CHIEF SITTING BULL and other Red Indians who had their lands stolen from them by people who came and  BOMBED them and shot them and burned them and killed them and then imprisoned those who were left alive.

3) The same set of people who killed Chief Walking Buffalo and other Red Indians came to Nigeria and killed and maimed and imprisoned people like NANA of Itsekiri, Ovoramwen and so many other peaceful people who lived on this part of the earth that we now call Nigeria

4) Genesis 27: 28 and Genesis 27:40 is the prophesy that is being fulfilled.

5) Like Abiola was fighting for Restoration abi na Restitution.

6) The only way to solve this problem is for the descendants of Jacob to restore the blessings they stole and hand them back to the descendants of Esau. Oro ko ju bayi lo!!!

7) So diyafore the solution to the Boko Haram Crisis is RESTORE ESAU'S BLESSINGS.

No further answers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Can Rule From Anywhere In The World – Maku / Dasuki’s Trial Begins Tuesday / 6 PDP Lawmakers Defect To APC In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.