Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,716 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:45 PM

INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates (6092 Views)

INEC Disowns Labour Party National Convention / Repeat Of Imo Script: INEC Disowns APC's Manufactured Votes In Court Of Appeal / INEC Disowns Imo RO, Confirms Okorocha’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Ofunaofu: 5:57am On Jan 10, 2023
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has distanced itself from a purported final list of candidates for the 2023 general elections, purpotedly released on Sunday.

The commission in a statement by its National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Mr Festus Okoye in Abuja on Monday, said INEC did not release any list on Sunday.

“The attention of the commission has been drawn to reports widely circulated by a section of the media today, Monday Jan. 9, that the final list of candidates was released on our website on Sunday Jan. 8.

“The commission wishes to state categorically that no new publication of the final list of candidates was released as reported. The public should therefore discountenance the story.’’

Okoye said that for the record, the final list of candidates for the 2023 general elections was published at least, 150 days before the day of election in compliance with the provision of Sec. 32(1) of the Electoral Act 2022.

“Accordingly, the final list for presidential and national assembly elections was published on Sept. 20, 2022 while that of governorship and state assembly elections was published two weeks later on Oct. 4, 2022.

“These are clearly indicated as item eight on the Timetable and Schedule of Activities for the 2023 General Elections released by the commission on Feb. 26, 2022.’’

Okoye said there could not be a final list of candidates with just 46 days to the general elections, except for names published as substitutions for candidates nominated earlier in compliance with Court Order.

“Moreover, some of the candidates that allegedly made the new “final” list are still in court and the matter is therefore, subjudice.

“Political parties, litigants and the public should be guided accordingly,’’ Okoye said. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/inec-disowns-purported-final-list-of-candidates/

3 Likes

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Godfullsam(m): 5:59am On Jan 10, 2023
E don happen

Let inec publish their list, let's compare and contrast.
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by xpressionx(m): 6:10am On Jan 10, 2023
How many INEC we get?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Bonaventura(m): 6:10am On Jan 10, 2023
Despite the monumental failure of the present administration, their greatest parting gift to Nigerians would be a free, fair and credible elections. This will ensure that neither a monumentally corrupt drug lord nor a fantastically corrupt generator importer will emerge to further plunge Nigeria into the abyss of underdevelopment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by EmperorGodswill: 6:10am On Jan 10, 2023
One of our numerous problem in this shithole is inec
They can't be trusted

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Mitsurugi(m): 6:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Na so dem go just hack this INEC. Like play, like play angry
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Noted!
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Ersther: 6:12am On Jan 10, 2023
There's nothing they can't debunk in this country
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Curious345: 6:13am On Jan 10, 2023
Hnmmm.

Nigeria is fake news
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Skty: 6:13am On Jan 10, 2023
I just read a news now on Phoenix that INEC said they might postpone 2023 election because of insecurity. Make them nor play o. We don't want Buhari an extra day there...with all these sufferings? Or is it because Peter Obi is leading already? Make una de play. Endsars na small.

I beg I have been trying to delete phoenix app from my phone. It still comes back. Pls can someone tell me what to do to take it out permanently?

2 Likes

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by tiswell(m): 6:13am On Jan 10, 2023
This election must hold,no postponement.

All plans against taking back our country already FAILED sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by BluntCrazeMan: 6:14am On Jan 10, 2023
Ok Na.

So, INEC had already started their “inconclusivity” already??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by WonderManly(m): 6:16am On Jan 10, 2023
Chai!.. You see.
But, still i have nothing to say than...

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by money121(m): 6:16am On Jan 10, 2023
Seen
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by MrExcel(m): 6:17am On Jan 10, 2023
INEC, be guided!
May Atiku Abubakar succeed!
May SMK succeed!!
May PDP succeed!!
PDP zalla zamuyi!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Searchingvictor: 6:21am On Jan 10, 2023
Scam country

Una go say smtin, una go still deny am.
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Boyooosa(m): 6:21am On Jan 10, 2023
We are following
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by LonelyWolfz: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2023
Last last the denied list will prevail....

Meanwhile something caught my attention about Instantcoins customers on Nairaland... How come after all their bad reviews here and complaints from nairalanders non of the complaints thread has hit front page? Shebi Nairaland help them get popularity here by running add for them? Instantcoins are sc*ammers, they will take your Bitcoin and won’t pay you.. Too many complaints from Nairalanders about Instantcoins and non of the thread has hit front page...

https://www.nairaland.com/7137726/instantcoins.ng-crypto-scammer-fraud#113627739

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by bhella10: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
Skty:
I just read a news now on Phoenix that INEC said they might postpone 2023 election because of insecurity. Make them nor play o. We don't want Buhari an extra day there...with all these sufferings? Or is it because Peter Obi is leading already? Make una de play. Endsars na small.

I beg I have been trying to delete phoenix app from my phone. It still comes back. Pls can someone tell me what to do to take it out permanently?
very annoying app. Uninstall it
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by bhella10: 6:30am On Jan 10, 2023
This leaves LP with no Campaign DG grin
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by southsouthking(m): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2023
Inec
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by TreasureJunky: 6:54am On Jan 10, 2023
It is only in Nigeria that we have same organization that speaks different languages
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by opalu: 6:55am On Jan 10, 2023
Ok
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by inkon: 7:08am On Jan 10, 2023

Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by EdiskyHarry: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2023
Nigeria
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by crackhouse(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2023
Na wa o. So who come bring that one out?
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Obidient4life3: 7:28am On Jan 10, 2023
APC and their Urchins should rest na! Everything about them is fake!
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by HitRun(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2023
So people just wake up and circulate fake news. Wetin be the essence of the fake list sef?
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by bigdammyj: 7:57am On Jan 10, 2023
Okay.
Re: INEC Disowns Purported Final List Of Candidates by Kilometres: 8:14am On Jan 10, 2023
xpressionx:
How many INEC we get?

Nigeria INEC and Obidiotss INEC.

You see those zombiediots they can fake anything on earth

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will You Remember 2009 For? / April Polls: Inec Adopts Modified Open Secret Ballot / Lekki Massacre:st Nicholas Hospital Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.