Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,024 members, 7,883,542 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (168711 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2011
deols:

yh she is. I hope she can share with us from her fountain of wisdom.

she's a grandma mind yu. smiley
Waoh, that's lovely. I'll like to learn from her.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:59am On Sep 09, 2011
@Toba, I am now ready to interview you. If you are ready, add me on yahoo messenger (maclatunji)and let's get it done!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
You guys got me ROTFLMAO. Where do you get your facts (or fictions) from?

Anyway, it’s a good projection to call me a grandma. I look forward to becoming one, insha Allah. But for your info @deols, I’m still in my 20s but surely taken. wink
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 7:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
^
i thought you were in your 50s embarassed embarassed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2011
mukina2:

^
i thought you were in your 50s embarassed embarassed

Am I that old-fashioned with my posts?

Maybe I shouldn't have revealed the truth then, so that you all will be calling me 'aunty'. tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2011
ehyaaa! dr used to b a grandma here. thought u'r d one.no vex pls. smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2011
^^ Vex ke? I'm swollen headed lol.

I think the person you refer to is @Fayezik. She's been absent for some time.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2011
and by the way, you must call me 'aunty' henceforth. cool
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2011
zayhal:

Am I that old-fashioned with my posts?

Maybe I shouldn't have revealed the truth then, so that you all will be calling me 'aunty'. tongue
yes oh cheesy
i even thought you were older that aunty fayezik .
i once read your post where you said television was not for you grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
mukina2:

yes oh cheesy

wink shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 3:54am On Sep 10, 2011
'aunty' zayhal, what are the qualities you see in him?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 3:59am On Sep 10, 2011
'auntie' zayhal don marry naw grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 6:21am On Sep 10, 2011
Muki, you be her attorney. she never marry
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by zayhal(f): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2011
Thank you, thank you my children. cheesy

Well, I used to pray for a pious partner as top of my list. Other qualities I wanted are:

*Tall (I'm tall myself)
*Dark
*Goodlooking
*hardworking
*should be in the science field (so it'll be a good blend for the kids, me being in humanities)
*very romantic (yeah, alfas too can/should be romantic)
*down to earth
*Firm (should be a man in every sense of the word, taking decisions, saying things and meaning them etc).
*Social but not extremely so.

These are the ones I can remember at the moment.

Did I get all of these? Nearly but definitely not all. The truth is that there is more to an individual than the list we all put up to look for in our ideal man/woman. Even when we get most of these things on first glance, as time goes on, we discover traits and characters we may or may not like but which we have to put up with anyway.

In my opinion, two things are essential to make a relationship work to the end: piety in both parties and deep, mutual love. Every other requirement fall under these two.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2011
@Zayhal, I knew you were not a Grandma.
zayhal:

Well, I used to pray for a pious partner as top of my list. Other qualities I wanted are:

*Tall (I'm tall myself)
*Dark
*Goodlooking
*hardworking
*should be in the science field (so it'll be a good blend for the kids, me being in humanities)
*down to earth
*Firm (should be a man in every sense of the word, taking decisions, saying things and meaning them etc).

Did I get all of these? Nearly but definitely not all. The truth is that there is more to an individual than the list we all put up to look for in our ideal man/woman. Even when we get most of these things on first glance, as time goes on, we discover traits and characters we may or may not like but which we have to put up with anyway.

In my opinion, two things are essential to make a relationship work to the end: piety in both parties and deep, mutual love. Every other requirement fall under these two.

The bolded points are classic and should be noted by all.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2011
tall girls plenty for hia, short guys needs love too jor grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2011
mukina2:

yes oh cheesy

and she once said she wldnt take someone wearing shorts seriously and the type of car wldnt matter to her and I thought 'dats grand ma talking' cheesy smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2011
grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2011
zayhal:

*Tall (I'm tall myself)
*Dark
*Goodlooking
*hardworking
*down to earth

me like evrythn on da list.

and i agree wv d bolded. Some compromises would be made eventually.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2011
mukina2:

tall girls plenty for hia, short guys needs love too jor grin

short girls shld subscribe plssssss! lol. grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
i am just 5 ft 2 embarassed tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2011
deols:

and she once said she wldnt take someone wearing shorts seriously and the type of car wldnt matter to her and I thought 'dats grand ma talking' cheesy smiley

For which I was quite unimpressed and we almost got into a fight. You know, being online is quite something. I wonder if I would ever converse with other people here talkless of being friends with them in the real world (male or female). However, this place allows you to share mutual ideologies and that breaks down barriers more than anything else I think.

That's awesome!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
mukina2:

i am just 5 ft 2 embarassed tongue

not too short, shortie shocked shocked cool LOl
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 3:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
be nice to shorties embarassed tongue
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2011
I hear grin grin

but shorties like tall guys too oo. abi u'r a different one
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
Seems we know what many people want in their spouses,

Now ladies, if u find a guy with the Qualities you want, would you ask him out?? if not, why wouldnt you

and

Guys, to what extent would you go to make that lady yours?? and how best do you think that should be done

so, i went into one of my old lecture notes nd found ds( God bless my teachers!)

manners of approach-

*someone speaks wv d woman on behalf of the man (dats like d alarina style of the Yorubas )- ds happened when the prophet Married Zaynab. It is said that Zaid conveyed the message to her.

*Man goes to the lady himself - Fatima bint Khais's case was the reference. .She went to the prophet to tell him of three pple who had asked for her hand and asked the prophet to help her choose after which he told her to marry Usama bin Zaid for Ma'wiyya was poor nd Abu Jam was fond of beating.

*Lady approaches the man - Khadija bint Khuwaylid asked for the prophet's hand. Also, a woman came to the prophet and said O Allah's apostle, I have come to give you myself in marriage. . .(vol.7, book 62, number24.)

and also

*Man asks the girl's waliyy(but of course! marries her only wv her consent) - the prophet asked Abubakr for Aisha's hand in marriage.(sahih Bukhari vol.7, book 62, Number 18)

I think lady can send someone to the man too. . .

_not every of us would like these although Islamic!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
On a serious note, How long should it take a lady before she say yes to a proposal.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2011
olawalebab:

On a serious note, How long should it take a lady before she say yes to a proposal.

It would have to depend on the individual, I guess.

They could also ask: How long does/should it take a man to know that he wants a particular lady for a wife?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2011
olawalebab:

that is relative. dat would depend on d individual. experts opinion needed
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2011
maclatunji:

It would have to depend on the individual, I guess.

They could also ask: How long does/should it take a man to know that he wants a particular lady for a wife?

I think that is relative too
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by mukina2: 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
olawalebab:

i think its more or less a personal thing, some people go days, weeks, months even years before accepting a proposal.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by olawalebabs(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2011
Don't you think the longer the time, the lesser the interest will be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.