Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:39 AM

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? (20928 Views)

How They Found A Fortune In The Belle Of A Whale! (Pictures) / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by oluwaseyi0: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2023
Unfortunately most women can't manage bigger status

There was one sent to school by the husband who now want to abandon the husband to travel out with the kids

The wife is even calling the man illiterate and forcing him to go to school at old age

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by TheChameleon: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by BigYash: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2023
Una never know women. If the table was turned, and women given power like men. Many of them would turn their husbands to slaves in physical chains. Some women are good,no doubt. But when counting good women,count the present hookup girls out.. Marry them and na one chance you enter

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by chivic(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2023
It might have gone bad for him.But alot of people have upgraded their wives and it turned out to not only be the best thing but it saved them and there family..
That one wife can sell anything for pleasure does not mean that others will do the same

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by dazzlingd(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
We declare this thread open for vawulence

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Mindlog: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Gaps in the story, another tales by moonlight.

Seeing messiah complex strewn all over the story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Tobitrueman(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Smallxixi:
Same way a woman should never marry a man below her level and upgrade him.

Men always believe they should be in charge no matter how much richer his wife his. A man will even lavish his wife’s hard earned money on random women.

Broke Men will attach themselves to a hard working rich woman, leech on her and suck her Dry to the extent of her becoming bankrupt. Most men will even kill the woman to inherit her properties.

You will never see a lady gold digger go this far. Women will take little from a man and move on to a richer man. But men will stay and suck you dry till you die!

Have you finished? grin

7 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by chriskosherbal(m): 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
let me enjoy comments

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
Never you upgrade a Nigerian Woman! I repeat, never you upgrade a Nigerian Woman, and don't open her eyes by taking her to where her father has not been to.

Just feed her, clothe her, buy her a car to go to the market and take the kids to school and pick them up. That is all!

Once the kids are 18 years old, you can upgrade her, she is free to go anywhere she likes then, once she leaves, get a younger girl and do the same. Write your will, 80% for your children, 10% for her and 10% for your smallie. Case closed!

Never you upgrade a Nigerian lady! Especially those one speaking phonetics because they watch Netflix.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by jaxxy(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Depends on the type of woman u have... By ur woman I hope u mean ur wife not ur girlfriend?

Modified:
Reading the post, it seems to depend on the type of marriage u have and the type of relationship u have with u wife.

The woman doesn't love him she only loves the conditions, influence and things he does for her to keep her under his control. Buying gifts for each other doesn't mean shit when u have excess money to throw around.

Any day she sees him as powerless over her like she gers favored directly by a governor or president here in Nigeria she will still show her true colors again.

That is not love it is control.

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by qtguru(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
Depends on the lady, if na Day 1 paddy sure why not, but if na brokie babe used to simps Hell No.

I helped a babe come into my company, which was the same babe, that helped me get my first job.

A debt owed, A debt paid.

man too go fall your hand, if na FB

12 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by yemmit90: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
It is actually a fortune/blessing with a right woman.

Besides, I will call it inferiority issue on the side of men. If you are not move an inch or jealous about her success, you have successfully cut than her power to intimidate you with it.

The only set of men that women loves, that can successfully deal with their egos and problems are those that don't value them.

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Successfulben: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2023
You just came here to defend your gender. I don't really have regards for women but this write-up has further worsen everything. I know that there are still few good women like my mother and I pray I get married to one like her.
Smallxixi:
Same way a woman should never marry a man below her level and upgrade him.

Men always believe they should be in charge no matter how much richer his wife his. A man will even lavish his wife’s hard earned money on random women.

Broke Men will attach themselves to a hard working rich woman, leech on her and suck her Dry to the extent of her becoming bankrupt. Most men will even kill the woman to inherit her properties.

You will never see a lady gold digger go this far. Women will take little from a man and move on to a richer man. But men will stay and suck you dry till you die!

4 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Kaycee54321(m): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
Upgrading your Woman is a fortune... especially if your woman is an OG type of woman.

That said, upgrading your woman to a level elevated above yours is 9 times out of 10, a recipe for DOOM.

Gateman wey carry e babe enter Oga house, if Oga pikin begin eye the babe, naso the relationship go enter voicemail.

More often than not.

If in doubt, run the code.

16 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
I v never seen a higher level of wickedness like this.
Women that divorced their husbands v reasons. Flimsy or genuine ones. Don't put the sin of sinner of an innocent.
If we should talk about what men are doing, you ll be shocked too!

4 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by AMI3(m): 2:58pm On Jan 10, 2023
Though I didn't read that long story.

Since I have grown up and I understand the value of life the only person that feel threatened if I commite resources to and they fail me are my kids.
If I empowered any woman and she disappoint me I will not feel threatened because any I do for a woman I don't attached emotion to it be my wife or my girlfriend. Because women are unpredictable.
Don't spend more than what u have for a woman no matter how much u love

Women are like betnaija game always play by rule don't bet more than what u can not afford to lose

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by InvertedHammer: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
BMathew:
I saw this post on Facebook, guys what's your honest opinion?

One of my senior friend met his wife in the 1990s as a typist working in a business centre near a court. He was smitten by her and promised to upgrade her.

He is a lawyer, he married her and trained her in school to become a lawyer too. She was called to bar, he got her a job in the court and she became a Legal Assistant at Judiciary.

His aim was for her to become a judge or magistrate. Presently, she is a Chief Registrar, she would have been among the judges appointed by Governor Wike except that she was originally from Akwa Ibom.

My senior friend have on many occasions travelled to the UK, USA, Germany and Hong-Kong. He never thought of divorcing the wife or abandoning his family. They have 4 children together.

Few years back, he decided for the first time to travel with the wife. The wife's sister has been living in the USA. He trained the wife's sister too, she met her husband who took her to the USA while living in his house in Port Harcourt.

The USA Embassy usually give 2 years Tourist Visa to first timers. So his wife got 2 years. While they were in the USA it was decided that the wife stayed back and give birth to their last child whom she was pregnant with.

My senior friend came back to Nigeria, few months after she gave birth and was expected back. A lawyer from FIDA (Women's Lawyers Association in Nigeria) served my friend a Divorce Petition.

He was heartbroken. He still loved his wife, but she said she wanted to stay back and was no longer interested in the marriage.

At the end of the day my senior friend was able to use her family and some of their mutual friend to talk to her. He promised to have a joint bank account with her and do all other conditions she stated, including another marriage at the registry.

She came back. He stole her passport. He decided within himself never ever to let her travel again. They celebrated their 25th anniversary recently. They were so happy in church, she bought him an expensive wristwatch, while he bought her a car. They have not done the marriage at the registry.

During his birthday last year, she surprised him with a trip to Transcorp Hotel, Abuja. She loves the husband, but if he allowed her to travel to UK or Canada today, she will begin to see a world better than what she has and she will forget her love for him and wish to have something better than him.

My friend has decided that he will make sure she doesn't become a judge. He wants his daughter, who was recently called to the bar to go into the judiciary, and he will pursue for her to become a judge in place of her mother.

He has learned his lesson, but the wife doesn't know this. The wife is not a bad person. She was being a wvmån. It is a biological trait in them.

Don't wait till it happens to you before you learn.

Go to many families in Anambra and Abiriba whose children flooded overseas in the late 1990s to 2000s; I make bold to say that 70% the mothers who went for Omogwu never came back to their husband. They abandoned their younger children, the family, and their husband and stayed back.

If you genuinely love your wvmån, do not upgrade her to a better life that she has never been accustomed to, you will regret it bitterIy. Build your wvmån but keep her below you.

Seun, RoyalRoy
/
It has nothing to do with the upgrade.

USA provides a certain level of comfort that women would be foolhardy to refuse especially if they have a relation over there doing well. You could have billions of naira in your account in Nigeria, maids, drivers, cars and mansions; but once you drive outside of your mansion, Nigeria stares you in the face. Women are built for comfort. But you could have something equivalent abroad and still live a decent private life. How many years do we have in this life? Beyond a certain age, people learn that there are things more important in life than account balance eg. not being diabetic or hypertensive.

Noise from generators alone is enough to make someone abandon ship.

NB: Upgrade your woman. If she wants to leave, she can. That should be the least of your worries if you are confident in your abilities. You will notice that men upgrade their women to make themselves look good.

/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Deeprooted: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
grin

Funny bank gave me an interest of
2,012.94kobo (2 thousand, twelve naira,ninety four Kobo) and debited 3,016 as Electronics transfer bla bla bla...

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Tannhauser(m): 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
angry
Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by benqo01(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
Upgrading your woman isn't a threat. Why is she your girlfriend/wife of you can't upgrade her? undecided.

Reason I can never marry a broke man. A broke man who can't upgrade himself and you expect me to be with such man. God forbid!

YOU RE SO SHALLOW MINDED

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Dshocker(m): 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
ibkayee:
So she just served him divorce papers for absolutely no other reason other than she wanted to stay in the US?

The guy sounds very possessive and controlling, so whilst I can’t categorically say he did anything or what he did, I won’t be surprised if there are gaps in this story and incriminating details have intentionally been left out.

Something about this story creeped me out

But truth is that most women can't control power.

10 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ebubu: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
this is very true

no ever upgrade your woman
if you’re upgrading her, do it as charity without any expectation she’ll remain forever with you out of gratitude.

she’ll use you to elevate, then expect a better man than you in status.

don’t elevate her at all,
or elevate her as a charity act without expecting her to stay with you forever.

always maintain the gap in power between you two.

upgrading can be changing of wardrobe to look hotter, changing of iphone, sponsoring her education, school fees, rent, etc.

funny enough this also applies to wife

7 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by tiswell(m): 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
ibkayee:
So she just served him divorce papers for absolutely no other reason other than she wanted to stay in the US?

The guy sounds very possessive and controlling, so whilst I can’t categorically say he did anything or what he did, I won’t be surprised if there are gaps in this story and incriminating details have intentionally been left out.

Something about this story creeped me out
since it's the man being the victim,something must always creep you ingrates and heartless gender out sad

8 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ishilove: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
Trash

3 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by mariahAngel(f): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2023
Onucs:
Women are one gender that doesn't really know what they want

You don't say!

Who are you? God's assistant? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
I know of a married woman that got a better opportunity and upgraded her husband.

She refused to live in comfort without her husband!

Many at times, these things are individual thing

I am happy that the husband loved his wife and applied wisdom to get her back

It's a beautiful love story

Some children for here for don dey shout vaginal people upandan until them lose the love of their life

For a female, this is quite an impressive perspective to have.

7 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hmmmm .... something I'm chewing but not ready to swallow... first time visitor ... 2 year visa ... allowed to travel pregnant? ... at what stage?... 4 months after giving birth she's still there? ... she has overstay her time allowed ... 6 months ... is she that special? ...nI guess she just can't return to the US..... and that will definitely affect any future travel to the UK/Canada.
I don't understand why one will base their advice to all based on a single experience. There are thousands of men who upgraded their wives and are now happily reaping the benefits. We are too quick to paint with a broad brush.

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Munzy14(m): 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2023
olamidedivotee:
This is a bitter truth, but feminism won't let many people agree on this.

When women are placed above men, they will change completely.

This is not about being misogynist or redpiller.

I write quality contents for blogs and brands, kindly check my signature for contact details.
Truth.

But it will be tagged misogynist case.

A friend told me recently, his wife school ends the day he married her..No more upgrade.

If he needs a doctor or lawyer in his house, it should come from their children.

I think issues like this made him have this stand.

Women abuse power and authority..They place emotions first and only.

A man helped a common typist reach a point of almost becoming a judge..His compensation was a divorce letter lipsrsealed. If not for the fact some of his in-laws are understanding, that marriage would have ended since.

Truth is this same man won't do this in his next life.

It is well..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ebubu: 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
It has nothing to do with the upgrade.

USA provides a certain level of comfort that women would be foolhardy to refuse especially if they have a relation over there doing well. You could have billions of naira in your account in Nigeria, maids, drivers, cars and mansions; but once you drive outside of your mansion, Nigeria stares you in the face. Women are built for comfort. But you could have something equivalent abroad and still live a decent private life. How many years do we have in this life? Beyond a certain age, people learn that there are things more important in life than account balance eg. not being diabetic or hypertensive.

Noise from generators alone is enough to make someone abandon ship.

/

even in nigeria, men upgrade women and they use the new status to bargain for dating with richer men than you.

6 Likes

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by pepericozi: 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=Prince111111 post=119899805]It isn't a threat provided you married your own wife. I personally love to see ambitious women. smiley[/quot

You are right. I did the same thing. Though, she was tough thereafter but for the sake of the children and with little endurance, we live happily till now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? by Ebubu: 3:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
Originalsly:
Hmmmm .... something I'm chewing but not ready to swallow... first time visitor ... 2 year visa ... allowed to travel pregnant? ... at what stage?... 4 months after giving birth she's still there? ... she has overstay her time allowed ... 6 months ... is she that special? ...nI guess she just can't return to the US..... and that will definitely affect any future travel to the UK/Canada.
I don't understand why one will base their advice to all based on a single experience. There are thousands of men who upgraded their wives and are now happily reaping the benefits. We are too quick to paint with a broad brush.
those are men of old, the men of this generation are served hot breakfast after upgrading women.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? / Photo: Missing Person - Elizabeth Okocha Missing Since Nov. 23rd / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.