Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:55 PM

Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks (20634 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline / Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Olaolex: 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2023
7arrows:

The truth is you dont give what you dont have.
Absolutely sir. They didn't give out enough of these notes, yet, they want to cajole them to provide what they don't have. It obvious CBN is just making jokes.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by adecz: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
E be like say modern ATMs no dey
recognize the new notes sef❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by olaeffect(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2023
gbengaeed:
Well, they would keep loading the old notes because the new one given to them has been exchanged through the back door for 65/35 with people who have over the years stash up cash in their private vault thinking that is the definition of being rich.

I wonder when Nigerians will perish this myopic mindset of blaming others for the failures of their leaders.

Banks moved billions in old note cash to CBN, they are being given few millions, which even CBN has confirmed by their comment that customers should not be paid over the counter with new notes.

Also note that it is the same CBN that have directives at first that Bankers should note the serial number of every new note paid to each customer.
So now tell me, how were banks suppose to capture serial number of new note paid to each customer if the first set of few new notes given to them were loaded in the ATMs?

Kai, with this kind of our thinking we will always keep having leaders with backward mentality walahi
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by DesChyko: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
CBN should be proactive and create a report room where proof of ATMs dispensing old notes can be uploaded.

Nigerians need to take it upon themselves then to report any ATM dispensing old cash.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by soojar(m): 12:15am On Jan 11, 2023
NewNg1:
Some banks are cronies to politicians.

All banks.

We learn everyday.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:32am On Jan 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:

His my mentor cool
Ooh!
That's awesome. wink

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by PixelPlexus: 4:06am On Jan 11, 2023
Psady:
I can bet my both balls ,it can't be achieved
That is risky of you to say....these people are serious with their deadline even when senate was asking for a shift we are yet to be updated other than the initial date.

As for me, I have stop retaining old notes from 200 to 1000, while the ones I have, it is for spending which I have given my self a week before the CBN date to dispose all.

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by CheapHomes1: 4:38am On Jan 11, 2023
gbengaeed:
Well, they would keep loading the old notes because the new one given to them has been exchanged through the back door for 65/35 with people who have over the years stash up cash in their private vault thinking that is the definition of being rich.

What were you expecting? Did you think the so called redesign will stop people from hoarding cash? CBN should do another redesign as if currency redesign is Nigerias biggest economic problem

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by CheapHomes1: 4:39am On Jan 11, 2023
PixelPlexus:

That is risky of you to say....these people are serious with their deadline even when senate was asking for a shift we are yet to be updated other than the initial date.

As for me, I have stop retaining old notes from 200 to 1000, while the ones I have, it is for spending which I have given my self a week before the CBN date to dispose all.

When the Senate did what they did, they weren't doing it for the masses but for themselves. I can assure that the senators have been given as much new notes as they will need

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by CheapHomes1: 4:42am On Jan 11, 2023
DesChyko:
CBN should be proactive and create a report room where proof of ATMs dispensing old notes can be uploaded.

Nigerians need to take it upon themselves then to report any ATM dispensing old cash.

See this one. Which Nigerians? What has CBN done for you? Leave matter. You want help fight for a confused cbn against confused banks. Just stay your lane. CBN doesn't give a damn about you
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by CheapHomes1: 4:44am On Jan 11, 2023
Carcholce:
We keep getting news from CBN but CBN governor nor gree resume office even defied the president’s directives.

God bless you. Isn't this country comedy?
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by occfx: 4:52am On Jan 11, 2023
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by occfx: 4:55am On Jan 11, 2023
YoungLionken:
Buhari is really serious against BAT cool...

Why do you think Yoruba nation agitation started?
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by occfx: 4:57am On Jan 11, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
I wonder what they’re hoarding the notes for. I don’t even remember the last time I used an ATM. I need to reduce my laziness this year and plan better, these POS agents have influenced my spending habit negatively

I think say na only me. I went to an atm recently and totally forgot how to operate an atm.

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by DesChyko: 6:07am On Jan 11, 2023
CheapHomes1:

See this one. Which Nigerians? What has CBN done for you? Leave matter. You want help fight for a confused cbn against confused banks. Just stay your lane. CBN doesn't give a damn about you

This is exactly what people say when they see a poorly brought up child perpetrating evil on the streets cool
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by IamAsiri: 6:26am On Jan 11, 2023
Lanretoye:
Na old not I just collect now now,plus I go gtb some mins past 4pm and bank don close.the securities were not even aware of the CNB extension of banks closing time to 5pm.
Everybody in this country I defiant even emefiele self is defiant.
Make una first penalize emefiele for his japaration.

CBN extended banks' closing time? Did also provide extra diesel for these banks to run an extra one hour? Bunch of clowns grin.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by MyMouth(m): 6:40am On Jan 11, 2023
I went to the ATM yesterday, I got not jus old notes but very old and torn notes. Truth is, the politicians have hijacked the new notes and stored them at home. That's why I laughed when ipob youth were jubilating that the cbn has cut politicians wings. That useless Emefiele would stoke the politicians first before thinking of the masses. Caseless policy na for only poor man
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Gbadespet(m): 7:40am On Jan 11, 2023
franciskaine:
u dey mind Nigerians? The money is very okay, and has so many visible features dat will aid detect original from fake.

Thank you my brother,na people wey know get shishi for hand dey complain the most,like say if dem change the money e go reduce the 2k wey dey their account.

1 Like

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by faceLAGOS: 7:44am On Jan 11, 2023
I’ll miss the old naira notes grin
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by tamdun: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2023
BigDawsNet:
What's the one currency superman can't hold?

Kryptocurrency. wink
Only a fool will still invest in crypto
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by Zinpat: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2023
UDOKABESTLUV:

Source: https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/10/stop-putting-old-naira-notes-atm-machines-or-face-penalty-central-bank-warns-commercial

CBN... who is deceiving who? Banks should load new notes... from where exactly... when you did not make it available to them...
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by ufotunang: 10:19am On Jan 11, 2023
Adolfhitler001:

Welcome to Federal Republic of Confusion cool
..abi ....I don tire for this confused Buhari government
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by mechanics(m): 10:55am On Jan 11, 2023
It's now they are talking.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by walemil: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
oz4real83:
Empty threats as usual, you will go to the banks and they will give you rottened notes, you will go to those note sellers in ring road in Benin city and see crisp naira notes that they got from the same banks that distributed the rottened notes to you. Every thing is just upside down in this country lipsrsealed
You've said it all!
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by 7arrows: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2023
Olaolex:
Absolutely sir. They didn't give out enough of these notes, yet, they want to cajole them to provide what they don't have. It obvious CBN is just making jokes.

CBN and APC are playing with our heads. It's a shame.
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by fman(m): 8:00am On Jan 14, 2023
SodiumValproate:
kiss kiss kiss

fman come and see the lady with nyash grin

Edit: oooooh! I forgot to add the panty line grin ....brb grin
plz stop making an unauthorized caricature of pwettylinda. Her natural endowment is far beyond what your feeble mind, borrowed Biro, scratch-paper and sketchy graffiti can comprehend.!!

Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by SodiumValproate: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
fman:
plz stop making an unauthorized caricature of pwettylinda. Her natural endowment is far beyond what your feeble mind, borrowed Biro, scratch-paper and sketchy graffiti can comprehend.!!

Getat grin

If your vaseline finish tell me grin
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by fman(m): 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2023
SodiumValproate:

Getat grin

If your vaseline finish tell me grin
so u nah Vaseline crew? Fvck you.
No worry, I go show u love with one Tiv girl
Re: Stop Putting Old Notes In ATMs Or Face Penalty – CBN Warns Commercial Banks by SodiumValproate: 1:26am On Jan 15, 2023
fman:
so u nah Vaseline crew? Fvck you.
No worry, I go show u love with one Tiv girl
No need.. They are everywhere opening legs.

Dooshima is my very own bitch... I own her cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him / Facebook Audience Network: How To Make Money, Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.