Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,113 members, 7,896,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:31 PM

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password (25247 Views)

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Change Nairaland Password / Who Is Your Nairaland Person Of The Year(2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by TheChameleon: 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
It was a temporary measure to stop profiles from being mutilated. We will undo it shortly.

Seun Beans-Maker.

Shebi you promised to pay me something for being Chief Peacemaker here on Nairaland?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by AmDayo: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
I am a graduate of tourism studies, just working from hand to mouth. Striving hard to be useful to myself and be helpful to others, but all in futile. I need a new direction because my hope is hanging in the balance. i sincerely need a job or help in anyways. I don't want to continue like this.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by lapazi(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
Implement 2FA Seun!

6 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by JoeEeL(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
Why don't you update your website to a 2-factor authentication login system?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Tumblr: 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
NofiuFade:
Seun pls let this coming election be fair and just

Kindly do something about the amount of bots nd tumblr account nairaland can generate everyday

More grace grin

What I do? shocked
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by nnol(m): 2:52pm On Jan 11, 2023
Pls how do i change my nick on nairaland?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Angbakpa(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
How are we sure that Seun account hasn't been hacked already and the hacker created the form to hack us all? wink

You be òpònú
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ChronicGp(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
@Seun please note:
Nairaland is due for redesign is it rebranding....
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by NewNg1: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
We know them. Hate speech mongers since 2013
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by GloriousGbola: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2023
This will be ironic. My handle is unique to this platform but some twatclown went to clone it on Instagram.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by blackmantis: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Faceless hackers hacking accounts of faceless users of a faceless forum.

6 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by GloriousGbola: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

And here I was thinking it was a measure to counter the political post bots.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ChronicGp(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2023
Upgrade Nairaland
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Adeolokonla: 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2023
Ok my padi
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Superwave16320: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2023
Mumu stay there de talk rubbish.

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
weldon seun. we knw the peole behind it. handiwork of tinubu urchins

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by house10studios: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
i even tried urs grin
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by house10studios: 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
ChronicGp:
Upgrade Nairaland
even facebook dey get hackers wahala
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Akalia(m): 3:00pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
It was a temporary measure to stop profiles from being mutilated. We will undo it shortly.
You are a genius. Thumbs up!!!

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Bmaster(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2023
seun,my I need a block button.
Dead stuffs griller man on this site is pissing off.
I detest his kinda opinion on serious issues
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by VawuIenceProMax: 3:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
why are u putting this in front page angry angry angry

I need 10 reasons asap
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by SilverOrLead: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun, this does not make sense.

Just tell us you have an internal issue involving sabotage by compromised mods.

I experienced such issue and made a topic over it and was banned for it.

The truth is you have partisan mods who are banning users for their political views.

This reminds me of a similar arrack that occurred on your website in 2014 were many anti Buhari posters were purged with their accounts deleted .

A similar thing is happening on your website and its an internal issue from within your organization involving your staff who have access to users login details.

3 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by samtress: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
Are we getting 2FA anytime soon?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Maj196(m): 3:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
Nairaland is still in the 60's. The site needs a complete and total overhaul.

2 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Abfinest007(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Seun go sleep .u are just taking notice of something to has been on since last year
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Work of Thiefnubuu miscreants trying to hack people's accounts and use as theirs to promote the demented drug criminal.

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Sermwell(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
How are we sure that Seun's account hasn't been hacked already and the hacker created the form to hack us all? wink
Good question grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of A One-eyed Goat Born In India / Top 7 Organisations Nigerians Can't Do Without Bashing / Photos Of Facebook, Twitter, Google Etc. Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.