Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. (513 Views)

I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
We thank God
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by budaatum: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Your former boss would have found out you left her for a new job eventually, especially when you stop turning up for work at your old job, so unless there's something you aren't telling us, you did the right thing informing her you stopped working for her.

Remember, you are not doing an employer a favour by working for them. You are selling a service, and there's nothing wrong in getting the best pay for what you sell.

And do note.

1 Like

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Toneypen247(m): 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Young man, you only have one life to live, please live it well. You are not doing your former employee any favour if you attach emotions over your well-being.

You have done enough with nothing to show for it, you took a great decision to search for something higher. Keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Berrityga: 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
Congrats on your new job.. I hoe your village people don't see this topic you open sha.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
budaatum:
Your former boss would have found out you left her for a new job eventually, especially when you stop turning up for work at your old job, so unless there's something you aren't telling us, you did the right thing informing her you stopped working for her.

Remember, you are not doing an employer a favour by working for them. You are selling a service, and there's nothing wrong in getting the best pay for what you sell.

And do note.
Thank you very much for everything, your last statement really got me,I will make sure I make it part of me... My boss made a statement that hurt me so bad,"if you have been doing good for me and you do something bad to me, the bad has overshadowed your good...I will never see you as a good person". Just because I wasn't getting paid well and the entire staff as well complained about this,my boss said people who weren't qualified are telling her how to control her school. No matter anything I learnt a lot from there,let God be the judge...and there's is nothing like understanding for human beings, but I know I will certainly be remembered well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2023
Toneypen247:
Young man, you only have one life to live, please live it well. You are not doing your former employee any favour if you attach emotions over your well-being.

You have done enough with nothing to show for it, you took a great decision to search for something higher. Keep it moving.
Thank you very much.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2023
Berrityga:
Congrats on your new job.. I hoe your village people don't see this topic you open sha.
grin grin grin grin,let Godswill be the best for me,I really prayed over it and I am still praying, that he takes control... Amen.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by superCleanworks(m): 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2023
Jozilinn:

so please advise me should I continue teaching here and just ignore everything, or did I do bad in informing my former boss.

Firstly, I say kudos for finally standing up for yourself.
You are probably young and still have lots to learn about work and office related issues. You have to learn the art of emotional detachment and call a spade a spade. As you advance further and gather more experience, you would learn to work with VALUE and not emotion and you will reach the level where you can quit your job with one office and move to the next office IN THE SAME BUILDING COMPLEX and not feel any thing. In summary, the only thing on your mind is how to focus on your new job and keep your eyes on the next job. No emotional attachments.

By the way, what do you teach in that school? I guess it is mathematics because your punctuations and structure needs GPS.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2023
Jozilinn:
Hi wonderful nairalanders, good evening to everyone well I just got a new job and I am very happy about it, the experience here just for the time spent Is good and I pray it remains so, Amen... well my boss in my former place knows my new boss,and notwithstanding everything that happened between us I still feel empathy for her, maybe it's just my nature,I almost resumed there though but after everything I decided to leave once and for all.

I would have resumed in this other school since if not for empathy I had on my schools lack of teachers, anyways after everything that happened between us,I was still grateful for what she did for me and I called her to tell her I have gotten a new place... she didn't say much though just stated the fact that she felt wronged and all but... anyways I am cool,but I don't know about her,I served her well though,and helped her with alot of things like handling of money...but all for 15k and yet I was never valued,I was told that if I bring myself low for people they will never value you, well I have learnt a lot already.

All my years of working nothing to show for it though,I just realized that I am way under dressed in my new school cos of the bad experience the other place left me with inability to pay me consistently of my salary.

Now my problem is this everybody knows I was helping my boss, even my new boss knows this, isn't that enough reasons for her to hate me...I know I just started but I feel wierd around here, maybe it's because I am just starting, the teachers are great though...I really love teaching and I work from my heart,so please advise me should I continue teaching here and just ignore everything,or did I do bad in informing my former boss.
Sweetplum.
Ahnie.
Chii8.
doggedfighter.
Ignore. Focus more on your new boss.
Private school teaching jobs can be very unrewarding a times.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by JeffreyJunior: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2023
Never love your boss, just love what you do.

If your former boss care about you, she would've done everything not to see you go but she didn't.

Now that you have a new job, focus on it unless you plan to lose it too.

Shalom.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by budaatum: 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2023
Jozilinn:
Thank you very much for everything, your last statement really got me,I will make sure I make it part of me... My boss made a statement that hurt me so bad,"if you have been doing good for me and you do something bad to me, the bad has overshadowed your good...I will never see you as a good person". Just because I wasn't getting paid well and the entire staff as well complained about this,my boss said people who weren't qualified are telling her how to control her school. No matter anything I learnt a lot from there,let God be the judge...and there's is nothing like understanding for human beings, but I know I will certainly be remembered well.

It don't matter how you are remembered. What matters is that you do good. Those who forget all the good you do to focus on your bad are not people you should work for unless you are always perfectly good.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by nicerod(m): 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
Kuku

Go back na

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2023
budaatum:

It don't matter how you are remembered. What matters is that you do good. Those who forget all the good you do to focus on your bad are not people you should work for unless you are always perfectly good.

Good luck with your future endeavours.
Thank you very much I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

If your former boss care about you, she would've done everything not to see you go but she didn't.

Shalom.
No I don't, thank you for the advice I really appreciate
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
superCleanworks:

Firstly, I say kudos for finally standing up for yourself.
You are probably young and still have lots to learn about work and office related issues. You have to learn the art of emotional detachment and call a spade a spade. As you advance further and gather more experience, you would learn to work with VALUE and not emotion and you will reach the level where you can quit your job with one office and move to the next office IN THE SAME BUILDING COMPLEX and not feel any thing. In summary, the only thing on your mind is how to focus on your new job and keep your eyes on the next job. No emotional attachments.

By the way, what do you teach in that school? I guess it is mathematics because your punctuations and structure needs GPS.
Yh you are kind of right though, thanks anyways.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by Jozilinn: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2023
Sweetplum:

Ignore. Focus more on your new boss.
Private school teaching jobs can be very unrewarding a times.
True talk, thank you very much I appreciate.
Re: I Hope I Didn't Do The Wrong Thing. by DonroxyII: 1:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
JeffreyJunior:

Shalom.
Kaiiiii This is Deep .... !
Especially in this Era of Eye Services... !

(1) (Reply)

USED House Furniture For Sale / Tramadol and abuse /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.