Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,075 members, 7,949,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Loss Of Power - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Loss Of Power (549 Views)

Loss Of Power While Driving-accord 03 / Loss Of Power On Toyota Prado - Any Plausible Reason? / Loss Of Power Honda Crosstour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Power by thestriker: 12:59am On Jan 12, 2023
Please friends, I need your help. I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris, automatic. It had two major issues. First it was smoking and shorting oil. Secondly, I noticed the car had weak compression especially when going up a hill.Ringings done and fine. No more smoke but still no compression. Another mechanic said it was an electrical issue. I realized that cylinder three and four had no current. So they had to tap from one and two to feed the other two. Now am told to get a new brain box. That probably the line from the ECU is bad and that there too much load on the first and second. Please guys I need your advice. I don't want to go for an ECU only to realize that was not the issue. Thanks.
Re: Loss Of Power by thestriker: 1:27am On Jan 12, 2023
Please I really need your help. Can something be done without changing the brain box?
Re: Loss Of Power by mokset123: 1:35am On Jan 12, 2023
In my opinion buy a tokumboh engine and have peace of mind
Re: Loss Of Power by Angrygoat: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2023
Sell that scrap engine n buy fresh toks
Re: Loss Of Power by Conner44: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2023
Angrygoat:
Sell that scrap engine n buy fresh toks

mokset123:
In my opinion buy a tokumboh engine and have peace of mind

What was wrong with his engine? SMOKING and BURNING oil

has it been fixed? YES

what problem is now left with the vehicle? CURRENT NOT REACHING the 3rd & 4th cylinders

Is this a mechanical or electrical issue? ELECTRICAL

If he changes the engine will the issue be resolved? NO, because the engine is a MECHANICAL component of the vehicle

What then are his options? either change his AUTO ELECTRICIAN, HARNESS or finally replace his BRAINBOX
Re: Loss Of Power by Angrygoat: 8:03am On Jan 12, 2023
Shut up thief. The engine is gone.. OP buy fresh toks
Enngine. If not mechanic go chop u taya
Conner44:

What was wrong with his engine? SMOKING and BURNING oil

has it been fixed? YES

what problem is now left with the vehicle? CURRENT NOT REACHING the 3rd & 4th cylinders

Is this a mechanical or electrical issue? ELECTRICAL

If he changes the engine will the issue be resolved? NO, because the engine is a MECHANICAL component of the vehicle

What then are his options? either change his AUTO ELECTRICIAN, HARNESS or finally replace his BRAINBOX

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Power by RuneKingThor: 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
thestriker:
Please friends, I need your help. I have a 2008 Toyota Yaris, automatic. It had two major issues. First it was smoking and shorting oil. Secondly, I noticed the car had weak compression especially when going up a hill.Ringings done and fine. No more smoke but still no compression. Another mechanic said it was an electrical issue. I realized that cylinder three and four had no current. So they had to tap from one and two to feed the other two. Now am told to get a new brain box. That probably the line from the ECU is bad and that there too much load on the first and second. Please guys I need your advice. I don't want to go for an ECU only to realize that was not the issue. Thanks.
It's sounds like an electrical issue.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Professional Car Repair Like Pamtech / Cars Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!! / I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.