Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,120 members, 7,903,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 05:23 PM

2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President (752 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Zainab Yakubu Lado Dan Marke Endorses Atiku - Photos / Adam Zango Decamps From APC To PDP; Endorses Atiku (photos) / Umahi Endorses Atiku Abubakar, Plans 100% For PDP, Flays Mischief Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Heavens1stson: 10:09am On Jan 12, 2023
A British parliamentarian and the Baron of Kingsclere, Lord Dan Hannan, has expressed support for the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

Hannan, in a chat with THISDAY yesterday, also advised the federal government to ensure that the independence of two critical institutions in Nigeria – the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), were preserved.

He noted that as Africa’s biggest economy, the rule of law must be observed at all times.

Hannan explained: “Nigeria is Africa’s biggest economy, biggest population and biggest hope. The rule of law matters immensely, and that includes the independence of state offices, including the central bank and INEC. Nigeria is an old friend and ally of the United Kingdom, and we all very much hope that it will ensure free and fair elections.

“I would add that I am a strong supporter of closer trade and investment ties between the UK and Nigeria, and I am confident that an Atiku-led government would facilitate them.”

Hannan had about three weeks ago condemned the move by the Department of State Services (DSS) against Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Godwin Emefiele, and had stressed the need for adherence to the rule of law and independence of the CBN.

THISDAY reported on Wednesday that Atiku, who is presently in London, held a strategic meeting with the British government.

Atiku, who had been on vacation in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) since January 1, arrived in London on Monday for the meetings.

According to a source, the meetings which came about five weeks before the presidential election were to discuss areas of future potential collaboration between both countries.

The PDP presidential candidate in series of Tweets on Tuesday, had stated: “I just concluded successful meetings with The Right Hon. Andrew Mitchell MP—Minister for Development and Africa in the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), amongst other key senior UK government officials.

“It was an auspicious occasion to share my vision for Nigeria encapsulated in the Unity SEED with them. It is a vision United by Security, Economy, Education and Devolution (of Powers). I solicited their partnership and I am encouraged by the UK government’s strong interest in helping Nigeria RECOVER every facet of its life.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/12/british-parliamentarian-backs-atiku-harps-on-inec-cbns-independence/
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by EarlierDawn: 10:16am On Jan 12, 2023
Atiku dey vex o

1 Like

Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by ajahni: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2023
We have grown past this type of politics

1 Like

Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Mrfixitt(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2023
Atiku is wasting his time. Peter Obi is our next president

2 Likes

Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Richardonald(m): 10:28am On Jan 12, 2023
Election have not started, Atiku is acting like a president already...

The kind of people he is meeting in Uk, shows something is going underground

2 Likes

Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Odin13: 10:34am On Jan 12, 2023
We’re pushing offline and ticking all dots ..

But some people are steady online with self DECIET and hallucinations .. permutating what their brains dey give them

February eyes go clear

Atiku no get Opposition ..

Power to the people
North 2023

2 Likes

Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Felabrity: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2023
Dey play
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by orohbiro(f): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2023
Britain is Nigeria biggest problem trust me
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by orohbiro(f): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2023
Fulani man rule for 8years another Fulani man is contesting APC primaries is an eye opener the ist 3 candidates that come out top are all from south, tunubu,ameachi and osinbanjo the northern voters will go with tunubu or obi. Atiku is not liked in the north and will never be president 2019 was is closest shot to the presidency
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by Mystic216: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2023
I wonder this romance between Nigerian politicians with Britain
Britain is Nigeria’s greatest enemy
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by olisaEze(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2023
Then let the parliamentarians coman vote for him then! grin. Nigerians that believe in fairness, justice, & a better tomorrow have already gone beyond all these kind of mumu scam endorsements from foreigners that don’t suffer, but only benefit from bad governance in Nigeria! If they like Atiku so much, let them give him citizenship and make him their new king na! Ndi ala!! grin
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by ganisucks(f): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
Rubbish! Dubai boy is just deceiving himself. After the Obasanjo endorsement, the Dubai boy has lost his mind.
He shouldn't stop there, let him go and obtain prince Harry and Meghan Markle's endorsement too.
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by PrinceOfLagos: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2023
But why is nobody endorsing Tinubu? grin
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by delpee(f): 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
He has a voter's card?
Re: 2023: British Parliamentarian Endorses Atiku For President by TRUMPwedsBUHARI: 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nlfpmod fp

(1) (Reply)

OSUN: So Far So “bad” For APC - As Tribunal Prepares Final Written Address / A Compilation Of Tinubu's Insults / Old Naira Notes: You’ve No Power To Stop Deadline, Malami Tells Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.