Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate (468 Views)

Bukola Saraki Replies Kogi Governor As Family Land Gets Revoked / Deputy Gov. Defection: Kano Govt Describes Deputy Gov As Insignificant / Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by Uzomi007: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2023
Dr. Ado Ibrahim, the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, has responded to the Kogi State Government's query, describing the contents of the query as unfortunate and unfair.

Remember that the government had questioned the state's supreme ruler about his absence from President Muhammadu Buhari's reception for project commissioning in Okene Local Government Area.

Responding in a three paged letter, the Ohinoyi noted that he was informed barely hours to the President’s visit, and also instructed by the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Abdulsalam Deedat to stay back in his palace for the President’s courtesy visit to him.

READ FULL RESPONSE:

The Honourable Commissioner,

Ministry for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs,

Lokoja.

RE: LETTER OF QUERY

I am specifcally responding to your letter of Query with reference MLCA/CH1/30/V1/8 dated 5th January, 2023, which I received today Friday 6th of January 2023 as follows:

1. There was no official letter informing me about the visit of His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, Commander In-Chief of Armed Forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria regarding his visit on the 29th of December, 2022, to commission legacy projects executed by His Excellency Alh. Yahaya Bello, the Executive Governor of Kogi State.

2. It was only on the night of 28th of December, 2022, you visited me at about 9:30pm and informed me that Mr. President would be coming to Okene the following day to commission some projects, and that I should stay back in my Palace while the President will be coming to pay me a Courtesy visit upon his arrival.

3. On the 29t of December, 2022 at about 8:15am, I received an unofficial copy of the visit programme of Mr. President and I noted that Mr. President was meant to commission the Ohinoyi’s Palace at 10:10am. This observation implied that Mr. President was to commission another Palace other than my current Palace that I have been occupying since I was coronated in. 1997.

4. It is worthy to note that as the Paramount Ruler of Ebiraland, I have not been officially informed of the existence of any new Palace. I therefore prepared in compliance to your instruction to receive Mr. President as it is customary in our Traditional Institution and I quickly put together a memorium to present to him to appreciate his 2nd visit to Okene since 1985, when he was received by HRH the Late Ohinoyi of Ebira Alh. Sanni Omolori. I made an enlarged photocopy of the photograph of the visit close to the chair which I provided during the visit as attached.

5. I had just concluded preparations to receive Mr. President when I heard an earth moving bomb blast at the rear entrance to my Palace close to the new Mosque across the street at 9:00am. While I was in the Palace ensuring that the casualties of the unfortunate incident were being attended to, I was informed that Mr. President had concluded his programme and departed to Lokoja. I also discovered that the main wall of the entrance to my Palace had been breached and all entrances to the Palace had been barricaded to make access to and fro impossible. I have been kept in the dark from the reception arrangements and necessary entertainment to welcome Mr. President on his 2nd visit to Okene, and from extolling the pleasure of my dear people to receive him.

6. l am not and have no intention to “exhibit deliberate attitude and actions regarded as bringing Kogi State and Ebiraland in particular to grave disrepute and regarded therefore as quite unbecoming of a revered Royal Father of my status”. All allegations referred to in your letter, especially Paragraphs 3 and 4 are very unfortunate and I regard the same unfair to my ripe experience and age coupled to my candid, Royal dignity, accepted here in the world internationally.

7. It is worth mentioning to enforce gratitude to His Excellency Alh. Yahaya Bello, the Executive Governor of Kogi State, who I have not seen for sometimes now, to have informed Mr. President that I was unavoidably absent due to my ill health at his grand reception, while on the other hand a person unknown to me represented me and read out a welcome speech to Mr. President on my behalf, which was not sanctioned by me.

8. Finally, inspite of the aforementioned points, it is noteworthy that since the unfortunate incident on the 29th of December, 2022, this Letter of Query is the first communication, written or otherwise from any official of the State to me, without any commiserations or enquiries about the unfortunate bomb blast that led to the intended disruption of Mr. President’s programme, loss of lives of innocent Ebira people, massive damages on my Palace and rancour within my domain.

9. Nevertheless, I will continue to reign over the good people of Ebira land with good conscience and conviction, as I have done throughout my reign.

Ma’asalam.
HRM. OHINOYI DR. ADO IBRAHIM CON,
ATTA EBIRA

Source:https://www.confluenceplus.com.ng/2023/01/ohinoyi-of-ebiraland-replies-kogi-govt.html

Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by kestolove95(m): 10:56am On Jan 12, 2023
If not for stupidity our traditional rulers suppose get level pass any political office holder
Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by michlins(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2023
Traditional leadership brought this to themselves. When you have been bought over, you will be dragged into unnecessary squabbles.

Vote wisely
Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by DennisEche(m): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Imagine a high class King like Ohinoyi of Ebira receiving query from small boy Bello.
Politicians have really distorted our traditional heritage

1 Like

Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by SadiqBabaSani: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2023
Yahaya Bello is madt In think, power has entered his head too badly, he is the one embarrassing his own revered traditional ruler

1 Like

Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by nazicartel(m): 11:16am On Jan 12, 2023
kestolove95:
If not for stupidity our traditional rulers suppose get level pass any political office holder
it's either they abolish traditional stools or they make them higher than all these four years offices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by dustmalik: 11:22am On Jan 12, 2023
Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by Penguin2: 11:23am On Jan 12, 2023
They are trying to force the man to support Tinubu but him no want and they are trying to bully him like they bullied Dangote.

Baba is most probably Obidient.

Or Atikulated at worst.

This is the Kogi that Tinubu BATstards say is in the bag for him.

Ndi ala!
Re: Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland Replies Kogi Govt, Describes Query As Unfortunate by OVB123: 11:28am On Jan 12, 2023
The fact that yeye bello is the Governor of Kogi state, that doesn't give him the temerit to query his own King. This is one reason I love the Benin throne. As politician, you do any how, you c anyhow. Rubbish yeye governor. Mtcheeew!

(1) (Reply)

2023: Has Archbishop Of Catenbury Endorsed Obi? / 2023:youths In Cross River Chase Pdp Campaign Team Out Of Bakassi And Akpabuyo / Once You Spoke, Twice I Heard...." CBN Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.