Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:14 PM

2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' (19835 Views)

2023: Wike Meets Ganduje In Kano (Photos) / Obasanjo Is Expired Milk, Dump Him In The Dustbin, Tinubu Tells Nigerians / 'Unstable, Irritable' Obasanjo Belongs In The Dustbin - Rtd General Akinrinade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by sageb: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
NYESOM Wike, the maverick Rivers State governor, is a toxic influence on Nigerian politics. Like all narcissists, he thrives on applause and adulation from sycophants and praise singers. His outsized presence in Nigerian politics is fuelled by the oxygen of publicity he constantly receives from the media even for his most infantile behaviour.

But after next month’s presidential election, whatever the outcome, and after he leaves office as governor on May 29, Wike would gradually fade into political irrelevance and eventually end up in the “dustbin of history”. It would be a good riddance! 
If those words are harsh, well, it’s because they should be. Public life is too important to be the property of narcissists, of self-aggrandising megalomaniac, who see everything through the prism of self-promotion. Politics, democracy and the party system that underpins them must never be so personalised that any individual is too powerful and above party discipline.
In a system where only parties can hold political power, nothing undermines the robustness of an electoral democracy like when a major party descends into dysfunction, hijacked by self-indulgent rebels. 

By forming a renegade ‘party’, so-called G5, within a party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and by working actively for the defeat of the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in next month’s election, Wike engages in extraordinary anti-party activity and subverts the party system that is the foundation of electoral democracy in Nigeria.
Even worse, he’s doing so not for any unimpeachable moral principle but for pure self-interest and vindictiveness. The G5, comprising the PDP’s five rogue governors, who behave like Wike’s bag-carriers, calls itself Integrity Group. But it absolutely lacks integrity.
Why? Because the G5 members’ actions contradict the principles they claim to be fighting for, the principles that give them such a moral high ground that they feel justified to go for the jugular, working single-mindedly to make sure their supposed party loses next month’s presidential election. It’s unprecedented!
Unprecedented? What about the PDP’s G5 of 2015? Well, the G5 of 2015 worked against President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election, but they did so honourably. They left the PDP and joined the APC, helping Muhammadu Buhari to defeat Jonathan. But Wike’s G5 wants to stay in the PDP and campaign against its presidential candidate.
Think about it. Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, a G5 member, who is seeking re-election, is saying to Oyo State’s electorate: “Re-elect me, but don’t vote for my party’s presidential candidate.” Similarly, Governors Samuel Ortom of Benue State, Ifeanyi Ugwanyi of Enugu State and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State, also G5 members, who are running for the Senate, are telling voters in their senatorial districts: “Elect me as PDP senator, but don’t vote for my party’s presidential candidate.”

The utter absurdity of these propositions is self-evident, as is the brazen breach of party discipline. An aggrieved politician can either fight his cause within a party or leave. But to stay in a party and openly support an opposition candidate is a no-no! A recent University of California study found that card-carrying Americans may disagree with their own party but won’t help an opposing one!
This played out recently in the US Congress. A core of 20 Republican members of Congress opposed Kevin McCarthy, a fellow Republican, as Speaker of the House of Representatives. They rejected him in 14 rounds of voting. The Republicans have 222 members as against the Democrats’ 212.
Given that only 218 votes are needed to elect the Speaker, just six Republicans could have voted for the Democrats’ candidate, Hakeem Jeffries, to become the Speaker. But none did. Despite their visceral opposition to McCarthy, none of the 20 Republican rebels wanted a Democrat as Speaker. Rather, after rejecting McCarthy in 14 rounds of voting, they elected him in the 15th round.
Party discipline prevailed. But Wike’s G5 would not only vote against their party’s presidential candidate, but they’re also asking Nigerians to reject him. Yet, as I said, they are doing so with absolutely no integrity because their actions contradict the principles they’re purportedly defending. 
Take the presidency. They argue that on grounds of equity, justice and fairness, another Northerner should not succeed President Buhari. I agree. But based on those principles, where should power go in the South: South-West (eight years as president, eight as vice-president since 1999) or South-South (five years as president, three as vice-president since 1999) or South-East (nil since 1999)? So, why did Wike want to be PDP’s presidential candidate? Why didn’t he, on grounds of equity, justice and fairness, support a South-East candidate?

Recently, when Bola Tinubu led South-West APC leaders to Pa Rueben Fasoranti’s Akure home to solicit his endorsement, Governor Makinde sent his deputy to tell the group: “Although we don’t belong to the same party, we belong to the same race. I will do what Yoruba elders say.” So, on grounds of ethnicity, Makinde favours Tinubu over his own party’s candidate.
Indeed, Wike and most other G5 members also favour Tinubu. But do they think Tinubu’s candidacy is defensible on grounds of equity, justice and fairness? Are they blind to his exclusionist Muslim-Muslim ticket and the ethnic and religious tensions his presidency would engender, not to mention his acute character and integrity deficits? They are enemies of Nigeria!
Wike says his umbrage is against Iyorchia Ayu, PDP’s national chairman, who refuses to honour his vow to resign if a Northerner emerged as PDP’s presidential candidate. Fair enough. But what about Wike’s own vow. At the PDP’s presidential primary election in May last year, Wike said: “Let me vow today. Anyone who emerges here, I will support the person to the fullest.”
What about that vow? There are two Wikes. One angrily sprouts grievances and proclaims his victimhood. The other sees politics as performance art and provides a rolling circus of political entertainment. Well, there’s a third: a deeply vengeful man who’s working day and night against his party’s presidential candidate. Whatever the outcome next month, he’ll be a footnote in history. His toxicity is bad for politics! 

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/2023-wike-is-heading-for-the-dustbin-of-history/

Wike is power drunk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Samyyorn5050: 9:18am On Jan 13, 2023
After reading the rubbish

I know you be PDP member who want Atiku in power by all means.

This is all I can say
Politics is not by force
Saying no to Atiku presidential ambitions is never a crime.
Wike can decide not to seek for any political or public office after now.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by sageb: 9:20am On Jan 13, 2023
jamesversion:

Who is we?? How many states in the SEast are controlled by PDP?... Only 2.

How many states in SS is controlled by PDP?... 4.

So going by arithmetic, the most loyal PDP states are the SS states, chiefly Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwaibom.

Igbos should revive APGA and make it have national appeal.

You forgot to mention Edo state.
PDP have 5 states in the South south geopolitical zone.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Cantonese: 9:39am On Jan 13, 2023
“Because the G5 members’ actions contradict the principles they claim to be fighting for, the principles that give them such a moral high ground that they feel justified to go for the jugular, working single-mindedly to make sure their supposed party loses next month’s presidential election. It’s unprecedented!
Unprecedented? What about the PDP’s G5 of 2015? Well, the G5 of 2015 worked against President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election, but they did so honourably. They left the PDP and joined the APC, helping Muhammadu Buhari to defeat Jonathan. But Wike’s G5 wants to stay in the PDP and campaign against its presidential candidate”.

I cannot believe the above.

I am not a supporter of Wike and I do not hold brief for him in anyway. Those who go to equity, must have clean hands. With what you said, you made it clear to all, the fact that Atiku Abubakar made a wrong move and brazenly forced himself on the party and people, with the tsunami unleashed on PDP, by the same APC that Atiku and his gang in 2015 brought into power.

In all the years of Tinubu in the AD, ACN and now APC, did you ever hear him carpet crossing like Atiku Abubakar? What Tinubu did was simply build alliances to arrive at where he is today. The rest is history, with his followers (though blind), pursuing the presidency on the APC platform which he contributed to build.

Who says Wike will go into political retirement after his tenure this year? The only politicians who go into retirements are the dead, very old, the weak or those who failed to network properly. Politics is about networking. That’s why you hear of permanent interests and no permanent friends. Politicians who are out of power stay within their established structures and simply bid their time. When Buhari failed against GEJ in 2011, he went into retirement, as he said, until BAT asked him to return. If he was not in touch with his structure, he would have lost out completely.

Atiku did not leave PDP in 2015 honorably. He wanted the presidency by all means. If he could not get it at the time within the PDP, he subverted the party completely by moving away with a group of governors and others. The party also had people who tried to destroy in completely internally, to ensure the emergence and smooth take over of APC. Have you so soon forgotten the role of Ali Modu Sheriff in the PDP? Atiku left PDP in 2015 and was bent on completely destroying the party.

If Wike chooses to destroy the party from within, you may just ask yourself what is left of the PDP, after the destructive moves of Atiku himself.

I have always supported PDP from the G36 days in 1999, until the party was formed. I supported Atiku in 2019, having seen the woeful performance of APC by then. Now I have moved on and I presently support Obi/LP. That’s the hope for a better Nigeri.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 13, 2023
He’s only shooting himself on the leg. Posterity shall deal well with him

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Oluwaseunomo: 9:41am On Jan 13, 2023
richidinho:
Wike is the Makelele of politics

He is doing the dirty jobs in the midfield of politics

A former LG Chairman of the richest LGA in Nigeria

A former Chief of Staff

A former Ministerù
Your
A former two term governor

Mr. Writer what have you achieved before in life apart from writing rubbish for gratification

Your brain is full of sawdust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by BigYash: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2023
orion7:
tah when atiku and dem saraki formed new pdp did heaven fall ? He has lost those states. Period.
Don't mind him.. When atiku left for APC,ask that idiot what happened... Atiku is the problem of PDP ,not Wike..
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by obayendo1010(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2023
Rubbish.....
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Curious345: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2023
Wike is a traitor

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by onatisi(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2023
this is his greatest mistake, he should have left PDP. by not leaving PDP he has shown how scared he is, it means that without the PDP structure in rivers state, he is actually nothing. he is always afraid to stand and fight alone
now no matter what happens whether Atiku loses or wins, he won't still be respected or acknowledged, if PDP loses due to his actions, every political party will see him as a betrayer that can't be trusted, they will see him as a political mercenary that always goes to the highest bidder, and if PDP wins, he will be seen as inconsequential because despite his bragging PDP still won without his support, the only thing and best for him is just to eat the humble pie and work for Atiku to win

another1:
Wike overdo.
Why can you leave pdp than to be playing anti-party activities.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Toosure70: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2023
See dead brain, where were you during Jonathan ?
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by demio007: 9:44am On Jan 13, 2023
Rubish talk,

Atiku also form N-PDP against Jonathan, so Nemesis paying him back.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by millionboi(m): 9:44am On Jan 13, 2023
is normal with politicians
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Racoon(m): 9:45am On Jan 13, 2023
Well said and delivered.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Coronavirus1: 9:48am On Jan 13, 2023
Man is not God
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2023
In politics, no permanent friends likewise no permanent enemies. So they says

United Kingdom Exhibition For Nigerians & Foreign Investors.

Are you a Nigerian living in UK
Do you have friends, family or relatives in UK?

If your answer is Yes; then this information is for you.

"London Real Estate Submit"

Date: January, 28. 2023.

Time: 5pm to 10pm

Venue: DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON, VICTORIA, LONDON SWIV 10A.

To book a space, enquiry or more information
Call/WhatsApp the attached phone number.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by theophorus(m): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2023
Abeg make una shift.

Is Atiku in the Dustbin already?
Is Saraki in the dustbin already?
Is Dino in the dustbin already?

Abegi! Na only Wike local constituency fit talk where dem wan put am.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by naijapikin2(m): 9:49am On Jan 13, 2023
You have postulated well but you forgot something which is the most evident part of a politician.

They can switch lane at every turn.

Tomorrow you just might see wike in tinubu or atikus camp. Forget them o jare. shocked
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by makavalley(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2023
jamesversion:

Which turn of SEast?? Which law said Nigeria should be run turn by turn?? Or you want to be silly this afternoon.

Then why zoning... why the word "emilokan". be sincere with yourself... what has Igbos done not to be President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? ...every zone has produced Presidency ranging from Obasanjo (West) Yar'adua (North) Goodluck (South) Buhari (North) show me where you've the East since we turned democratic government

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by mployer(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2023
As if atiku didn't do the same during Jonathan.

Atiku wasn't loyal to obasanjo, wasn't loyal to Jonathan, therefore he deserves no loyalty.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by medikend(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2023
For me, Gov. Wike has shown courage and resilience. At least, he's standing openly for what he believes in( Agreement na agreement). Whatever becomes of him after the elections is a cross he'd happily and proudly carry. Not everyone wants to die a politician....Shebi he was a somebody before joining politics. Patapata EFCC go Bleep him up.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by orion7: 9:52am On Jan 13, 2023
jamesversion:

Who is we?? How many states in the SEast are controlled by PDP?... Only 2.

How many states in SS is controlled by PDP?... 4.

So going by arithmetic, the most loyal PDP states are the SS states, chiefly Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwaibom.

Igbos should revive APGA and make it have national appeal.
how many pdp give in the ss re in G5. Reality will soon cure you. Wike won’t dare declare for tinubu he knows that he knows. Atiku isn’t an option anymore.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by israelp(m): 9:53am On Jan 13, 2023
Cantonese:
“Because the G5 members’ actions contradict the principles they claim to be fighting for, the principles that give them such a moral high ground that they feel justified to go for the jugular, working single-mindedly to make sure their supposed party loses next month’s presidential election. It’s unprecedented!
Unprecedented? What about the PDP’s G5 of 2015? Well, the G5 of 2015 worked against President Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election, but they did so honourably. They left the PDP and joined the APC, helping Muhammadu Buhari to defeat Jonathan. But Wike’s G5 wants to stay in the PDP and campaign against its presidential candidate”.

I cannot believe the above.

I am not a supporter of Wike and I do not hold brief for him in anyway. Those who go to equity, must have clean hands. With what you said, you made it clear to all, the fact that Atiku Abubakar made a wrong move and brazenly forced himself on the party and people, with the tsunami unleashed on PDP, by the same APC that Atiku and his gang in 2015 brought into power.

In all the years of Tinubu in the AD, ACN and now APC, did you ever hear him carpet crossing like Atiku Abubakar? What Tinubu did was simply build alliances to arrive at where he is today. The rest is history, with his followers (though blind), pursuing the presidency on the APC platform which he contributed to build.

Who says Wike will go into political retirement after his tenure this year? The only politicians who go into retirements are the dead, very old, the weak or those who failed to network properly. Politics is about networking. That’s why you hear of permanent interests and no permanent friends. Politicians who are out of power stay within their established structures and simply bid their time. When Buhari failed against GEJ in 2011, he went into retirement, as he said, until BAT asked him to return. If he was not in touch with his structure, he would have lost out completely.

Atiku did not leave PDP in 2015 honorably. He wanted the presidency by all means. If he could not get it at the time within the PDP, he subverted the party completely by moving away with a group of governors and others. The party also had people who tried to destroy in completely internally, to ensure the emergence and smooth take over of APC. Have you so soon forgotten the role of Ali Modu Sheriff in the PDP? Atiku left PDP in 2015 and was bent on completely destroying the party.

If Wike chooses to destroy the party from within, you may just ask yourself what is left of the PDP, after the destructive moves of Atiku himself.

I have always supported PDP from the G36 days in 1999, until the party was formed. I supported Atiku in 2019, having seen the woeful performance of APC by then. Now I have moved on and I presently support Obi/LP. That’s the hope for a better Nigeri.
those bstd won't see this.... Thanks for the info ...am so sure atiku will make it 6loss in a row
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by GloriousGbola: 9:57am On Jan 13, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
By Olu Fasan

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/2023-wike-is-heading-for-the-dustbin-of-history/

Long story

Wike definitely has multiple issues and is too radioactive to be a presidential candidate - but he is not doing anything that Atiku, Saraki and tambuwal did not do in 2014.

It is pdp that is to blame for bringing Atiku back into the fold.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Annistars: 9:59am On Jan 13, 2023
Even Judas who betrayed Jesus is still been mentioned till date.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by orion7: 10:00am On Jan 13, 2023
onatisi:
this is his greatest mistake, he should have left PDP. by not leaving PDP he has shown how scared he is, it means that without the PDP structure in rivers state, he is actually nothing. he is always afraid to stand and fight alone
now no matter what happens whether Atiku loses or wins, he won't still be respected or acknowledged, if PDP loses due to his actions, every political party will see him as a betrayer that can't be trusted, they will see him as a political mercenary that always goes to the highest bidder, and if PDP wins, he will be seen as inconsequential because despite his bragging PDP still won without his support, the only thing and best for him is just to eat the humble pie and work for Atiku to win

atiku and saraki and tambuwal etc. do you see them as mercenaries? Wike is just strangling pdp the way those men strangled pdp in the past. Atiku did it to a southerner. Wike and G5 are doing in to him a nontherner now. Soooo I see no problem here. He has already lost.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Mpeka(m): 10:01am On Jan 13, 2023
Simple thing that need to be done as agreed is not done. The someone stands up to say, do the right thing, then another person is prophesying of his down fall.
If the Presidential candidate is from the North, then the Party Chairman should be a Southerner. Now some people are saying that the party can be manipulated by a political prostitute, anyone that stands up to say NO is heading to Political Dustbin.
Ayu should resign and see if WIke will change and support Atiku. Now that you are talking about selfishness, who among the parties is not acting on selfishness and self - ego?
When the party was to be scrapped, someone stood up and spent his resources to refurbish the party for other to appreciate and buy it back. Then some selfish and political jobbers are now coming out to detect for the same party they ran away from and scandalized.
We should be fair and say the truth.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by benjaminlawson(m): 10:13am On Jan 13, 2023
richidinho:
Wike is the Makelele of politics

He is doing the dirty jobs in the midfield of politics

A former LG Chairman of the richest LGA in Nigeria

A former Chief of Staff

A former Minister

A former two term governor

Mr. Writer what have you achieved before in life apart from writing rubbish for gratification

Are you from Rivers State? Go and ask the people of the state what he has done? because all these big projects he was commissioning, tell me any state that come close him. He even exposed oil productions States that collected huge some of money and pocket it come to give account. A state that even claimed they generated more than 51 billion naira IGR every month cannot record the number of projects he complained because the money is in emilokan pocket.
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Emoc: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2023
SocialJustice:
Wike has left his permanent mark. When Okowa the snitch sold South South presidency for VP slot, Wike stood up and opposed it.

Wike is made for life. He can choose to retire like Odilli.

Jonathan already took "South South presidency."

Wike trashed "South East Presidency" because of his greed & lust for power.

He is very pained because he lost the pdp presidential primaries, and Atiku rejected him for VP.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by 1Dray(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2023
Re: 2023: Wike Is Heading For The ‘Dustbin Of History' by Venom11(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2023
another1:
Wike overdo.
Why can you leave pdp than to be playing anti-party activities.
Sarrap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Recession: Buhari’s Economic Team Turns To Experts / Tambuwal, Dangote, Sultan Flag Off Rice Outgrowers Scheme In Goronyo LGA(Pics) / Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.