Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,016 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:37 PM

2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo (1294 Views)

Peter Obi & Obasanjo In Uyo For Burial Of Sunday Mbang / See What Obi, Obasanjo, And Tinubu All Have To Say About Atiku (Video) / 2023: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Saraki, Peter Obi - Obasanjo Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Creatorchris(m): 11:37pm On Jan 12, 2023
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has explained why he won’t join the campaign train of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi.
Obasanjo, in his New Year message to Nigerians, entitled: “My appeal to all Nigerians particularly young Nigerians,” pledged his support for Obi.

The former President, who spoke on Thursday, at a virtual engagement organised by Africa Leadership Group with theme: “Leadership and nation-building,” stated that he had no regrets about leading Nigeria.

He outlined that character, attributes, attitude, skills, and most importantly, fear of God are needed for leadership.

He said: “Nigeria is where we are because of leadership.

“We must decisively look for men and women who have the character, attributes, skill and attitude that we need for leadership, that will deliver in this country.”

Speaking on why he won’t join Obi’s campaign train, Obasanjo noted that he has done his best by writing his endorsement plainly.

Obasanjo said: “I am not in campaign train. I’ve used benefit of my experience and I’ve put plainly.

“I do not belong to any political party. I will not join any campaign train. I’ve said what is best for the country”.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
Creatorchris:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has explained why he won’t join the campaign train of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi.
Obasanjo, in his New Year message to Nigerians, entitled: “My appeal to all Nigerians particularly young Nigerians,” pledged his support for Obi.

The former President, who spoke on Thursday, at a virtual engagement organised by Africa Leadership Group with theme: “Leadership and nation-building,” stated that he had no regrets about leading Nigeria.

He outlined that character, attributes, attitude, skills, and most importantly, fear of God are needed for leadership.

He said: “Nigeria is where we are because of leadership.

“We must decisively look for men and women who have the character, attributes, skill and attitude that we need for leadership, that will deliver in this country.”

Speaking on why he won’t join Obi’s campaign train, Obasanjo noted that he has done his best by writing his endorsement plainly.

Obasanjo said: “I am not in campaign train. I’ve used benefit of my experience and I’ve put plainly.

“I do not belong to any political party. I will not join any campaign train. I’ve said what is best for the country”.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by OGIBRA(m): 11:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
NOTED AND TRULY NOT NECCESSARY...
WHEN UR BOYS ARE D.G OF THE CAMPAIGN TEAM, FROM THE FORMER DG, DOYIN OKUGBE TO THE CURRENT ONE..
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Jostoman: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Fake news from lagos landlord and his urchin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Deciceco01: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
Baba need to rest, his endorsement for PO is enough. How do we know that is enough, is by the reaction that follows his endorsement by the opposing parties.
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 12:11am On Jan 13, 2023
Campaign or not, TINUBU is just waiting for INEC to declare him president elect. OBASANJO you are valueless politically in Nigeria
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by slivertongue: 12:21am On Jan 13, 2023
YOU HAVE DONE YOUR BEST. HISTORY WILL BE KIND TO YOU
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Urheadmaster(m): 12:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Hehehe grin

yarimo:
Campaign or not, TINUBU is just waiting for INEC to declare him president elect. OBASANJO you are valueless politically in Nigeria

Yarimo that cannot afford 2 square meal of a plate of eba and ewedu soup on daily basis have the guts to call Obasanjo a whole former president of giant of Africa not once but many times valueless in Nigeria politics.

Yarimo You be banza kawi tongue.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by bluegrass07: 2:12am On Jan 13, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Hehehe grin

Yarimo that cannot afford 2 square plate of eba and ewedu soup on daily basis have the guts to call Obasanjo valueless in Nigeria politics.

Yarimo You be banza tongue.

The nerve alone sef. . . Obasanjo remains the biggest Yoruba political export to Nigeria. Dem know!!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 13, 2023
yarimo:

The way and manner in which some of you write on Nairaland ehn!!

Just imagine the nonsense you're saying!!! I wouldn't dare write that nonsense if it was Tinubu OBJ endorsed cause he's an elder and despite his short-comings, a very well respected one for that matter - both in the political sphere in Nigeria and around the world..

Neither Tinubu nor Atiku would dare say that nonsense you wrote to OBJ's face because inpite of everything, they still respect him.

Now imagine you wey nobody know even in your own community, coming online to say; "OBJ is valueless in Nigerian Politics!!!"...

It's either this 2023 elections has made some of you extremely stupid or you've always been stupid from day one..
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Gbogbowa: 2:20am On Jan 13, 2023
Thank you sir Mathew Obasanjo endorsed Peter Obisanjo
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by Buccalcavity2: 2:32am On Jan 13, 2023
You see the problem with people without character. You said you've retired from partisan politics but came out of retirement the 3rd time to support a candidate who is partisan. 1st Buhari, 2nd Atiku, 3rd Obi.
You come dey shalaye. You want to eat your cake and still have it!
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2023
Felixamos:

The way and manner in which some of you write on Nairaland ehn!!

Just imagine the nonsense you're saying!!! I wouldn't dare write that nonsense if it was Tinubu OBJ endorsed cause he's an elder and despite his short-comings, a very well respected one for that matter - both in the political sphere in Nigeria and around the world..

Neither Tinubu nor Atiku would dare say that nonsense you wrote to OBJ's face because inpite of everything, they still respect him.

Now imagine you wey nobody know even in your own community, coming online to say; "OBJ is valueless in Nigerian Politics!!!"...

It's either this 2023 elections has made some of you extremely stupid or you've always been stupid from day one..
shatttappp

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 11:51am On Jan 13, 2023
bluegrass07:

The nerve alone sef. . . Obasanjo remains the biggest Yoruba political export to Nigeria. Dem know!!!
and yet he can't endorse ordinary councilor in his Ward and win
Re: 2023: Why I Won’t Campaign For Obi — Obasanjo by yarimo(m): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Hehehe grin

Yarimo that cannot afford 2 square meal of a plate of eba and ewedu soup on daily basis have the guts to call Obasanjo a whole former president of giant of Africa not once but many times valueless in Nigeria politics.

Yarimo You be banza kawi tongue.
Kai shege ni ko

(1) (Reply)

Big News! Obi Spokesperson, Okonkwo Spits Fire, Indicts Inec Chairman With Damn / Tinubu Will Win The 2023 Presidential Election. / Why Did Tinubu Lose Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.