Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,763 members, 7,930,631 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:09 AM

Dealing With A Sulky Partner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Sulky Partner (493 Views)

Best Advise For Dealing With Daughter In Laws / Loss Of A Mother, Dealing With The Emotional Pain / 12 Warning Signs You're Dealing With An Evil Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Lexicon123: 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2023
I found this both annoying and amusing, and thought to read other people’s experiences and how they deal with this situation - a partner sulking unexplainably.

I woke up to one of my wife’s sulky moments. We went to bed late and very excited (you know what’s up), only to wake up to my wife completely refusing to even answer my greetings. I spent some good minutes before leaving work begging to know why she’s angry at me, all to no avail. It’s evening yet I have no clue what’s up, nor is there a change in attitude.

Meanwhile, she continues to carry on her chores like nothing is happening. The amusing part are the series of WhatsApp posts and pictures, feeling herself as wifey, yet not explaining what’s wrong.

So guys, share your experiences on dealing with a partner’s sulky mood, especially when you’re almost 100% convinced you’ve done nothing wrong.
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by yrhuhfy113: 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2023
Lexicon123:
I found this both annoying and amusing, and thought to read other people’s experiences and how they deal with this situation - a partner sulking unexplainably.

I woke up to one of my wife’s sulky moments. We went to bed late and very excited (you know what’s up), only to wake up to my wife completely refusing to even answer my greetings. I spent some good minutes before leaving work begging to know why she’s angry at me, all to no avail. It’s evening yet I have no clue what’s up, nor is there a change in attitude.

Meanwhile, she continues to carry on her chores like nothing is happening. The amusing part are the series of WhatsApp posts and pictures, feeling herself as wifey, yet not explaining what’s wrong.

So guys, share your experiences on dealing with a partner’s sulky mood, especially when you’re almost 100% convinced you’ve done nothing wrong.

Your performance in Bed may have discouraged her. Make it up to her

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 3:18am On Jan 14, 2023
Such people are soooo hard to live with undecided undecided, always walking on eggshells just so they don't switch to the bad mood and that automatically affects the other person.

You keep wondering how you offended them and they would never talk (Once had a friend that will keep posting cryptic Whatsapp status )that silence feels like you're on a hot seat and you start brainstorming and getting Sad and angry so I perfectly understand.

I'm a very open person and I like free communications when we can/should talk about any and everything no matter how sensitive, weird or annoying they seem .

You are going through a lot my brother .

Try to get her to see a Therapist and a Psychiatrist... might be Bipolar.

Protect your mental health too .

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Foodqueen(f): 3:34am On Jan 14, 2023
There are things she needs in the other room, that u aren't doing.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by sisisioge: 3:41am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:
Such people are soooo hard to live with undecided undecided, always walking on eggshells just so they don't switch to the bad mood and that automatically affects the other person.

You keep wondering how you offended them and they would never talk (Once had a friend that will keep posting cryptic Whatsapp status )that silence feels like you're on a hot seat and you start brainstorming and getting Sad and angry so I perfectly understand.

I'm a very open person and I like free communications when we can/should talk about any and everything no matter how sensitive, weird or annoying they seem .

You are going through a lot my brother .

Indeed, he needs to protect his mental health before she turns him into a moody human too. It is well....plenty people with their crosses.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by beelon1020(m): 3:42am On Jan 14, 2023
OP! Your wife is suffering for bipolar issues..
Be calming down with her,
She will come around when she is relieved...
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 3:58am On Jan 14, 2023
sisisioge:

Indeed, he needs to protect his mental health before she turns him into a moody human too. It is well....plenty people with their crosses.

Sisi ,I once had a friend/flatmate like that...One minute we'd be gisting and laughing, next minute , she'd be in her'element' and I'll start thinking if I had done anything wrong sad sad.
I even started washing her clothes, cleaning up her room just to keep her happy.

If she had any issue with her then boyfriend, she'd keep malice with me as long as the quarrel lasted.

I'd be scared to go home (house we were both paying the rent) , She go wear my clothes,still dey vex.

When I got fed up,I beat her tire ,I beat all the stocked up frustrations,I beat am enter police case .I became more toxic and snubbish than she was... unfortunately,I got stucked in that zone for a while.

Those kind of people just mess with your mental health until you start having the upper hand or just leave them alone.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Jan 14, 2023
Lexicon123:
■I found this both annoying and amusing, and thought to read other people’s experiences and how they deal with this situation - a partner sulking unexplainably. I woke up to one of my wife’s sulky moments. We went to bed late and very excited (you know what’s up), only to wake up to my wife completely refusing to even answer my greetings. I spent some good minutes before leaving work begging to know why she’s angry at me, all to no avail. It’s evening yet I have no clue what’s up, nor is there a change in attitude.
■Meanwhile, she continues to carry on her chores like nothing is happening. The amusing part are the series of WhatsApp posts and pictures, feeling herself as wifey, yet not explaining what’s wrong. So guys, share your experiences on dealing with a partner’s sulky mood, especially when you’re almost 100% convinced you’ve done nothing wrong.
1. Why? Are you a Mr. Fixit that you feel you must know when she is obviously not ready to tell you whatever it is? undecided

2. Must her life revolve around you or what? Leave her alone now. You have asked her what it is. When she is ready, she will talk. And if na hormone, matter you accept you don't really need to know it all. undecided

So long as your conscience is clear, why worry yourself? Live and let live! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 4:19am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why? Are you a Mr. Fixit that you feel you must know when she is obviously not ready to tell you whatever it is? undecided

2. Must her life revolve around you or what? Leave her alone now. You have asked her what it is. When she is ready, she will talk. And if na hormone, matter you accept you don't really need to know it all. undecided

So long as your conscience is clear, why worry yourself? Live and let live! undecided

Your own reasoning dey always dey upside down cheesy cheesy cheesy.
If you love or get emotionally attached to someone,do you feel good when they're sad/angry right in your presence and you walk away?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:
■Your own reasoning dey always dey upside down cheesy cheesy cheesy.
■ If you love or get emotionally attached to someone,do you feel good when they're sad/angry right in your presence and you walk away?
It is not unusual for me to wake up some mornings feeling down or moody. It happens to some of us and there is nothing we can do about it. Most of us aren't even sure what it is that is got us all bothered and we want more than anything for the shadow to pass so we can go back to being our old self again. Now, the last thing I want when caught in such a mood is someone else making an issue of that which I have no control over. undecided

To you it may seem upside down that not everyone is like you and that is understandable since I have dealt with a lot of folks who have low tolerance for situations that are very different from that they have become accustomed to. undecided

2. Being emotionally attached to someone shouldn't mean the person no longer has the ability to breath. Part of loving someone is understanding that the person is also human and also has problems that you may not be able to fix and that is OK. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by sisisioge: 4:30am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:

Sisi ,I once had a friend/flatmate like that...One minute we'd be gisting and laughing, next minute , she'd be in her'element' and I'll start thinking if I had done anything wrong sad sad.
I even started washing her clothes, cleaning up her room just to keep her happy.

If she had any issue with her then boyfriend, she'd keep malice with me as long as the quarrel lasted.

I'd be scared to go home (house we were both paying the rent) , She go wear my clothes,still dey vex.

When I got fed up,I beat her tire ,I beat all the stocked up frustrations,I beat am enter police case .I became more toxic and snubbish than she was... unfortunately,I got stucked in that zone for a while.

Those kind of people just mess with your mental health until you start having the upper hand or just leave them alone.

Wowzerful! That is serious. I once knew someone like that too but we werent close. Anytime she got into her element, I ignored and increased our distance straight up. It is well jare.
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by frozen70(f): 5:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Lexicon123:

Women are drama queens

So expect any kind of drama from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 5:11am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It is not unusual for me to wake up some mornings feeling down or moody. It happens to some of us and there is nothing we can do about it. Most of us aren't even sure what it is that is got us all bothered and we want more than anything for the shadow to pass so we can go back to being our old self again. The last thing I want is some making an issue of that which I have no control over. undecided

To you it may seem upside down that not everyone is like you and that is understandable since I have dealt with a lot of folks who have low tolerance for situations that are very different from that they have become accustomed to. undecided

2. Being emotionally attached to someone shouldn't mean the person no longer has the ability to breath. Part of loving someone is understanding that the person is also human and also has problems that you may not be able to fix and that is OK. undecided

That's where OPEN COMMUNICATION matters!
If I have a friend/relationship with such a person again (I wouldn't even dream of it), you should talk about it, tell me about it ....when it starts,I'll just let you be till you're back to yourself .

It's way better than letting the other person feel Ignored, unwanted and whatnot...You don't have"control over it" but you can ruin someone's mood with it.

2. I don't walk away in such situations.
I will never walk away if my son/husband/friend is sad for reason(s) I don't know about...I'd be worried ,moody and on the edge all day.
The world doesn't revolve around you and your kinds ,honey.
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Mindlog: 5:19am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:

E neva reach nah, cheesy
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:
■That's where OPEN COMMUNICATION matters! If I have a friend/relationship with such a person again (I wouldn't even dream of it), you should talk about it, tell me about it ....when it starts,I'll just let you be till you're back to yourself .
■It's way better than letting the other person feel Ignored, unwanted and whatnot...You don't have"control over it" but you can ruin someone's mood with it.
■ I don't walk away in such situations. I will never walk away if my son/husband/friend is sad for reason(s) I don't know about...I'd be worried ,moody and on the edge all day.
■The world doesn't revolve around you and your kinds ,honey.
1. Tell you that there are days when I don't want to talk at all? You are an adult and are not aware that people need their space from time to time? You are not already aware that sometimes it is OK not to be OK? undecided

2. Feel ignored? How much attention is enough attention abeg? You had this person's attention but when the person needs a break, you claim it is about you feeling ignored? Does it all have to be about you and your feelings? undecided

3. You would? Well, maybe that is how you want to live your life, I can't stop you but try not to make it someone else's problem but yours. undecided

4. Exactly why I don't make a fuzz of my mood swings and I don't like it when others try to make one out of it as if it should get more attention than it deserves. undecided
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 5:25am On Jan 14, 2023
Mindlog:

E neva reach nah, cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.

It's funny and sad as well.
Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by poshestmina(f): 5:37am On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Tell you that there are days when I don't want to talk at all? You are an adult and are not aware that people need their space from time to time? You are not already aware that sometimes it is OK not to be OK? undecided

2. Feel ignored? How much attention is enough attention abeg? You had this person's attention but when the person needs a break, you claim it is about you feeling ignored? Does it all have to be about you and your feelings? undecided

3. You would? Well, maybe that is how you want to live your life, I can't stop you but try not to make it someone else's problem but yours. undecided

4. Exactly why I don't make a fuzz of my mood swings and I don't like it when others try to make one out of it as if it should get more attention than it deserves. undecided

I wasn't talking about some"adult" or a stranger ,the experience was with a flatmate and closest friend at that time.

You can always say ; I'm in a bad mood or leave me alone for now or something else,not you totally ignoring me like I offended you.

They just look at you like s**t and go out to talk with the neighbors and all.

Kobojunkie is always right,Bye.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Sulky Partner by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Jan 14, 2023
poshestmina:
■I wasn't talking about some"adult" or a stranger ,the experience was with a flatmate and closest friend at that time.
■You can always say ; I'm in a bad mood or leave me alone for now or something else,not you totally ignoring me like I offended you.
■They just look at you like s**t and go out to talk with the neighbors and all. Kobojunkie is always right,Bye.
1. What does it mean to be in a relationship with someone though? It means you are willing to accord that person respect for who the person is regardless of whether that person is exactly like you or your polar opposite. You have a roommate who retracts when she is stressed, so why not wait until she is no longer stressed to ask her why she reacts the way she does when under duress? Why make it seem as though she is a bad person because she refuses to give you attention sometimes? undecided

2. Why should she be the one saying that to you? Why not respect her right to be in a bad mood — it isn't a crime you know. Why not wait until the mood has passed to ask her if there is anything you can do or not do to upset her even more when she is in one of those moods? undecided

3. Most times I am in that mood, I can't even see anyone around me at all as my mind and focus are consumed with trying to understand exactly why it is I am feeling shitty and confused. Even the expression on my face at such times, I am not even sure of. Yet you think it would make sense for you to blame me for your worries? Abegi! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Did This One.apc Is A Cursed Party. / What Happened After My Husband Pressured Me To Seek Spiritual Help To Get Pregna / Pls What Are The Causes Of Insomnia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.