Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,329 members, 7,881,232 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:50 PM

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? (15029 Views)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / How To Be A Genuine Christian, Please Read! Don't Go To Hell Fire / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Youngzedd(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

In your mind your judgement is right. So the judgement of the goose should not be given to the gander? Then you wonder why Christ did not agree with the men to stone the adulterous women because a woman commits adultery by herself alone.

You people are devils indeed.

I didn't say my judgement is right or wrong, my submission is solely based on the bible.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Says who?

We might as well say that woman was never in the plan since God originally created only man.

The beginning already shows us the standard, Adam only had one woman for wife. Even devil's son Cain followed the same pattern and every one else until the the son of devil Cain, lamech who disobeyed.

Now because God was silent, you stupid people began to follow Lamech and disobey, being stupidly unmindful that that Silence always follows Calamity

I can't wait for Judgement Day!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
Antiochus:
Polygamy wasn't God's plan from the beginning. God gave a wife to Adam not wives it was sin that brought in Polygamy.

Genesis 2:24
[24]Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

They shall become one and not two or three or five so polygamy is against God's plan for man.

If you have sex with someone, you become one flesh with them.

Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” (1 Corinthians 6:16)
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The beginning already shows us the standard, Adam only had one woman for wife. Even devil's son Cain followed the same pattern and every one else until the the son of devil Cain, lamech who disobeyed.

Now because God was silent, you stupid people began to follow Lamech and disobey, being stupidly unmindful that that Silence always follows Calamity

I can't wait for Judgement Day!

Adam had only one woman because there was only one woman. It is common sense.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
Youngzedd:

I didn't say my judgement is right or wrong, my submission is solely based on the bible.

A twisting of the Bible to suit your desire to pursue fornications under the covers of marriage.

This is a case of using marriage to commit whorēdom. Whorēdom which God hotly hates.

Stupid People are just following devils to trying to sneak sin under thinking that God will not see it nor know it.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do no evil is The Law of God!

When you take a second wife, have you done good or evil to your first wife?

As you already know your first wife will never forgive you, so also would God not forgive you.

Polygamy is a sin!

We are not talking about hurting your wife here. We are talking about sin.

Is domestic violence a sin? Can you go to hell for beating your wife or for verbally abusing your husband?

I don't suppose so. Yet domestic violence is bad.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Adam had only one woman because there was only one woman. It is common sense.

And his children nko? Cain and his other brothers took one. And there were other women to be taken.

The grand children took one too and there were other women as proven by the first devil who took 2, so oya talk!
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

We are not talking about hurting your wife here. We are talking about sin.

Is domestic violence a sin? Can you go to hell for beating your wife or for verbally abusing your husband?

I don't suppose so. Yet domestic violence is bad.

Sin is about hurting somebody, hence The Law of do no evil for evil always hurts and wounds and kills someone
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Mrbukus(m): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
LilMissFavvy:
Each of the biblical men had their own weaknesses and made their own mistakes because no man is perfect. It is left for us to learn from such mistakes rather than do same. 2nd Timothy 3:16.

Bible says a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, and in the beginning, God showed the clear example when he gave Adam one wife, "Eve".

As far as I'm concerned, polygamy is as a result of lack of self control or contentment. Polygamy is "lust". Though some went into polygamy due to childlessness.

Many of the things you wrote sound very pathetic, you seem to forget that Bible never said that marriage is compulsory. Is it the same marriage that many are divorcing...huh!

Marriage is not compulsory
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And his children nko? Cain and his other brothers took one. And there were other women to be taken.

The grand children took one too and there were other women as proven by the first devil who took 2, so oya talk!

Adam could not have married his own offsprings. That is my point.

As for Cain and others, there is no guarantee that they didn't marry other wives.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Sin is about hurting somebody, hence The Law of do no evil for evil always hurts and wounds and kills someone

Sin hurts someone, but not all hurtful behaviours are sins.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by phemmyfour: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Says who?

We might as well say that woman was never in the plan since God originally created only man.

When did God says that?
Is Gen 2:18 not God's plan?

The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

Show me where God said "one man, one woman isn't good enough"
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Sin hurts someone, but not all hurtful behaviours are sins.

Wrong! All hurtings are sins.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
phemmyfour:
When did God says that

You wrote that the original plan of marriage is one man, one woman

So, I simply applied your logic that the original plan of God did not include women.

Shikena.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by phemmyfour: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You wrote that the original plan of marriage is one man, one woman

So, I simply applied your logic that the original plan of God did not include women.

Shikena.

You typed too quick, go back to my post and get a better understanding
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! All hurtings are sins.

What is sin?

An immoral act which is contrary to the divine laws.

Keywords: immoral act, and divine.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Adam could not have married his own offsprings. That is my point.

As for Cain and others, there is no guarantee that they didn't marry other wives.

See! now you had nothing to say about the others who could take other wives but did not such that you had to run back to the same Adam where we were arguing from, who had only one wife.

See, you have no basis exactly as Lies and evils never have a ground to stand. So you have no valid thing to say.

You are just trying to sneak your love for fornication and whorēs under cover of multiple marriages

Polygamy is fornication and whoring disguised as marriage.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

What is sin?

An immoral act which is contrary to the divine laws.

Keywords: immoral act, and divine.

Wrong! You already acknowledged the Truth of what sin is when you said

BluntTheApostle:

Sin hurts someone,...

So we all already know what it is. So you do not have any valid thing to say.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:47pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! You already acknowledged the Truth of what sin is when you said

So we all already know what it is. So you do not have any valid thing to say.

Sin hurts; it doesn't mean that every hurtful thing is a sin.

Bullet hurts, it doesn't mean every hurtful object is a bullet.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See! now you had nothing to say about the others who could take other wives but did not such that you had to run back to the same Adam where we were arguing from, who had only one wife.

See, you have no basis exactly as Lies and evils never have a ground to stand. So you have no valid thing to say.

You are just trying to sneak your love for fornication and whorēs under cover of multiple marriages

Polygamy is fornication and whoring disguised as marriage.

I made Adam's case clear.

The Bible was not specific about polygamy being a sin.

So, you cannot use Cain as your defense because the fact is that the Bible did not follow Cain all through his life. So, you cannot defend your position in court.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

I made Adam's case clear.

The Bible was not specific about polygamy being a sin.

So, you cannot use Cain as your defense because the fact is that the Bible did not follow Cain all through his life. So, you cannot defend your position in court.

It's is recorded here that you could not counter, instead you fled back to where we were coming from, meaning you could not counter because

"There is no valid argument against the Truth".

Your plan to switchg the burden of proof is vain.

You had no valid counter to the argument.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by bobestman(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
That what a brainwashed christian will tell you but they worship the god of abraham, isaac and jacob who are polygamous
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Igba123: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Please when i'm chatting with interested ones stop this your madness of coming to interrupt without something tangible to offer.

Jesus wasn't talking about those that will live on planet earth rather he was referring to the BORN AGAIN Christians who will be transformed into spirit beings (angels) they don't have fleshy bodies so there's no gender difference among them that's why they can't marry.
But as for those that will live on earth God has arranged it in the beginning for a man to be married to a woman.
This is what Jesus meant when he said:

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of HEAVEN. Matthew 5:3

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the EARTH. Matthew 5:5

So there are two categories of believers who will inherit everlasting life, those going to rule with Jesus in HEAVEN as spirit beings and those who will worship God forever on planet EARTH!

if you don't want to get his kind of reaction then stop distorting the scripture. The truth is, you can't interpret the Bible simply because you are a Christian. There are technicallities involved. Have you heard of hermeneutics and exegesis? It's the science of studying, bringing out the original meaning and contextualizing the message in the course of interpretation. If you don't know it you can only tell what you think just like you are doing.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:09pm On Jan 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It's is recorded here that you could not counter, instead you fled back to where we were coming from, meaning you could not counter because

"There is no valid argument against the Truth"

The onus is on you to prove that Cain died a monogamist?

Adam's own is easy to prove. If he was the first man, and everyone else came from him, then he could only have married one woman.

But the same argument cannot be made for Cain.

Cain could have married other women, just as Adam could have had other children before Cain, but the Bible focused on the story of Cain and Abel to pass across a didactic message.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
bobestman:
That what a brainwashed christian will tell you but they worship the god of abraham, isaac and jacob who are polygamous

And yet you could not validy substantiate it in this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7525610/polygamy-pure-adultery/2#120256424
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
NOETHNICITY:

You people need to understand the above verse deeply as Jesus wasn’t talking about polygamy but divorce.

Will you agree that your:

©Dad is still one with your mom if he marries another woman now?
©Brother in law is still one with your sister if he marries another woman now?
©Son in law is still one with your daughter if he marries another woman now? undecided
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hell simply means Grave! undecided

Scarcity234:
Elisha and Moses came to Jesus from hell bah...
I don tire for una...
Nobody is in hell..
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
Find out what Hell means first before arguing but as for marriage God's standard in the beginning is ONE Adam= ONE Eve! undecided

Youngzedd:

Hell and grave isn't same. Right now, there's no body in hell including Satan. Before you drag that Satan is in hell, read Job 1:6-7, Revelation 20:10-15 and 1 Kings 22:20-23 (lying spirit there is Satan who has been part of the heavenly court meeting). Christ went to the grave not hell, that was why some saints who died came back alive, they weren't in hell rather hade (grave). Grave is hade not hell. You can simply say underworld. He made them male and female doesn't contradict or disprove polygamy.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

The onus is on you to prove that Cain died a monogamist?

See change of post! The case was not about proving case was monogamous (which the record clearly states that he married a wife) but about showing that Adams children could take more than one wife but they didn't, where you were trying to say that Adam had only one wife because he had no choice for having 2.

But his children did and they followed Adam in having one as the records show.

So, no road! You have no valid argument to make. You are just doing like "a thief" looking for a place to hide your "stolen goods" and there is none, for we caught you with the "stolen property"
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
Jesus is not God he only served as God at a point in time just like Moses too did! Exodus 7:1
That's why John 1:1 that misinformed Churchgoers often quote said:

The WORD (Jesus) WAS GOD
So he is not God that we should worship he himself said he is also a child and worshiper of the same God that his followers worship! John 20:17

realoscar84:

God told the Israelites that another prophet will be sent to teach them what they must do to gain everlasting life! Deuteronomy 18:18-19
Why then do the Christian refer to Jesus as God? They started from the "3 God in One" as in holy trinity, as if that wasn't enough, they moved to "Jesus is Lord" which is still popular today. Then they moved to the height of blasphemy by referring to Jesus as God. Jesus is just another messenger of God Almighty just like others before and after him sent to liberate the Israelites but you lots have elevated him to the status of God. How illogical can that be? According to you guys, God was crucifixes, he bled and he even cried on the cross? Damn.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

Sin hurts; it doesn't mean that every hurtful thing is a sin.

Bullet hurts, it doesn't mean every hurtful object is a bullet.

You are just darting about like "a thief" looking for a place to hide your "stolen goods".

First, you said "Sin hurts someone, but not all hurtful behaviours are sins."

I countered.

Then you moved again and again as I countered and now you have run back to where you started from, whch is proof you can not counter.

You don't have any valid thing to say in proof that "there is no valid argument against the Truth" in spite of all your running up and down and twistings.
Re: Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
Noted, thanks! smiley

maasoap:

The only paradise that's in existence only exists in your head grin grin grin. The day you die, your paradise and hell die with you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Get Whatever You Want From Him Or Her By Spiritual Power / Why Are Godly Parents Not Raising Godly Seeds? / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.