Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,619 members, 7,888,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:38 PM

Jesus Last Words Before Dying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Last Words Before Dying (1216 Views)

The Chilling Last Words Of The 21 Beheaded Coptic Christains / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Last Words Before Dying by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
Ouch! that hurts.
Re: Jesus Last Words Before Dying by Indirah(m): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2011
What were Jesus' last words on the cross?
Matthew 27:46

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" - which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Luke 23:46

Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last.

John 19:30

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matthew and Mark are readily harmonized with Luke and John by reading a little further: both Matthew 27:46-50 and Mark 15:34-37 report that Jesus drank wine vinegar and then cried out again before dying. Therefore Luke and John record Jesus' actual last words, which could have been any combination of the two phrases recorded, e.g. "It is finished, Father; into your hands I commit my spirit."

http://www.rationalchristianity.net/last_words.html
Re: Jesus Last Words Before Dying by HISchild: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2011
The words of The Lord JESUS CHRIST, Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and The End, HE Who was, and is, and is to come, The Almighty -

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." -Revelation 1:18
"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." - Revelation 22:12
---
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: And an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.”- Matt 12:35
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.”- Matt 12:36
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.”- Matt 12:37
Re: Jesus Last Words Before Dying by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2011
^here we go again. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Is Speaking In Tongues Learnt Or Divine ? / A Personal "fight" With Bishop Oyedepo, This Is Serious! / Accra Gets New Central Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.