Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,239 members, 7,943,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank (321 Views)

Rwanda Shuts Down '700 Unsafe And Noisy Churches' / Is MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Gradually Becoming Obsolete?? / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (read This) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by ayosamtunde(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2023
This is a wake up call for all of us Nigerians that our banking system has now been hijacked by criminals disguising as staffs.
For more than six years now I have been sending money to our aged mother at home on monthly basis via my younger brother wife's bank account.Last year I mounted pressure on the boy (my younger brother) who is semi literate to open his own bank account .
Just last December I travelled to my home town and before leaving I requested for my younger brother's new bank account and in the presence of some other family members I made a transfer of #50000 and he immediately received the alert.
About two minutes later my brother showed me a debit alert of the same amount I transfer to him leaving a balance of less than #1000 in the new account.
I couldn't follow him to the bank that day 23rd of December because I had to return to Lagos.He was told at the bank that the money was withdrawn via the bank App .This my brother doesn't even have any smartphone talk less of using a bank App.It is crystal clear that a bank staff carried out this evil act.
Just about two weeks ago I read about how a poor market woman life savings of #600000 disappeared from her bank account.
The latest one is a lady (ex banker) who also lost 4.5 million naira from her account without initiating any transaction.
Re: Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by slimthugchimee2(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2023
What is this bank name
Re: Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by Aminobrown(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2023
Op, ask ur bro very well, sum fraudsters must have called him and he gave out his bank details like ATM card details and otp sent to his alert number. That is the only way one can successfully register on any mobile bank app

1 Like

Re: Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by caesymore(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2023
One bank like that messed me up in school those days far back 2013,

na Ecobank do me that thing... didn't want to add a name, but screw them, if they did me well I for still echo their name.

My Mum ( God rest her wonderful soul) will always send money to me on Monday's as her custom was, on two occasions I got debited without an alert and those thieves insisted I withdrew the money, even when my Mum complained to them they told my Mum maybe I've been withdrawing and lying to her, Mum knowing her Son well cautioned the Woman that her son is not a thief and has never had record of theft.

As I was busy with classes I didn't follow it up.
Re: Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 15, 2023
E no go pass access bank, gtb, Uba, zenith, eco or first bank. Those banks are prone to fraud
Re: Gradually Becoming UNSAFE In Nigeria To Safe Money In Bank by ayosamtunde(m): 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
[Zenith I think quote author=slimthugchimee2 post=120044786]What is this bank name[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

BECAREFUL OF KOIKI IS WORKING FOR POLITICIANS / What Is Step One If Someone Steals Your Identity / Benefits Of NCSECU Mobile Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.