Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,883 members, 7,931,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 03:50 PM

Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? (34954 Views)

Why Kaduna Train Attackers Invaded Kuje Prison – Sources / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Remembering Kaduna Nzeogwu By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Pityoobi: 1:01am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I tire for you. When did I try to deny the igboness of Nzeogwu. Stick to facts.

It is foolish putting the attack by Nzeogwu on the whole Igbos people. It is rubbish and stupidity.

That is like crucifying a whole family because a child is a criminal. Or burning a whole village because a person there is a kidnapper.

It does not concern the Igbos people. It is Nzeogwu that committed the act. The other soldiers that participated in it did it on their own will. They did not call or ask Igbo people.

Leave Igbos out of it and face the actors.
Calm down, I know your body is always hot. Read the message again. Igbos will pay because it was a spiral events that put Igbo in the spotlight. Igbos civil war was because of all the action and inaction of those actors that was plotted by Kaduna. The hotness of your body is the reason dem dey burst bottles for una head all the time...use sense small na.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 1:03am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

.the country is burning and you are still caught up in fights that happened over four decades before you were born.

Let us fix the dying country. The killing and tribalism has not helped us in any way.

I know. But the issue didnt just spring up itself. It was in the spirit of those massacred, in the remembrance spirit... We decided to re-visit our history.

I don't see any wrong there.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tctrills: 1:04am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Here we go with the emotional victimisation card. What are you even implying? That we should sweep our history under the carpet so as not to hurt igbos feelings? I dont really get you.

The only way what happen 53years ago can be recounted as history is to tell the story the way it is, irrespective of whoever or whatever tribe was involved.
Uncle tribalist, should we blame the Fulani for Buhari's coup? Is that how we teach history?
We don't even blame the Yorubas for Awolowo treason.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

I know. But the issue didnt just spring up itself. It was in the spirit of those massacred, in the remembrance spirit... We decided to re-visit our history.

I don't see any wrong there.

Revisit Nzeogwu's history. Do not tag it Igbos. It is Nzeogwu and some soldiers that committed the act. It does not concern millions of Igbo people.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 1:08am On Jan 17, 2023
tctrills:

You are making yourself the victim. Blaming a tribe for the actions of 7 men is not history. It is tribalism.
Somehow you forget a certain Banjo was among. You forget that Many of the foot soldiers were northerners.
You forget that some of the biggest supporters of the coup were great Yoruba men such as Tia Solarin. In fact, the only road named after Nzeogwu is in Ogun state. Teach history, don't teach hate and tribalism. It's also funny that your history class started in 2023.

You are the one with the issue here. And the bolded is a justification of that. Jan 15th every year has always been a remembrance day. And every year we always re-visited our history. Together.

The question we should be asking yourself is; Why does it hit differently this time, this year.

The answer is that: Prior to this election year where your tribeman is involve. You never really give a damn about Nigeria or its history.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:08am On Jan 17, 2023
Pityoobi:
Calm down, I know your body is always hot. Read the message again. Igbos will pay because it was a spiral events that put Igbo in the spotlight. Igbos civil war was because of all the action and inaction of those actors that was plotted by Kaduna. The hotness of your body is the reason dem dey burst bottles for una head all the time...use sense small na.

It is a ridiculous thought pattern. Killing innocent people for the act of some people. Imagine killing a family because someone caught their child robbing. The family is innocent.

The point is simple. It is an Nzeogwu coup. Finish. Nothing Igbo. The Igbos should not pay. It was tribalists that gave that tag to fill hearts with hate for their divide and rule system.

The Northerners are still suffering, while few are carting away millions. The food is to make Igbos pay. Not thinking of how we can unite and move this country forward.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tctrills: 1:11am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

You are the one with the issue here. And the bolded is a justification of that. Jan 15th every year has always been a remembrance day. And every year we always re-visited our history. Together.

The question we should be asking yourself is; Why does it hit differently this time, this year.

The answer is Prior to this election year where your tribeman is involve. You never really give a damn about Nigeria or its history.
What are you talking about? January 15 is our Armed forces remembrance day not a day for lazy tribal sentiments.No history book has blamed the Igbos so who taught you this.
How come you don't remember the so many other coups that did not have Igbo participation.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 1:11am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Revisit Nzeogwu's history. Do not tag it Igbos. It is Nzeogwu and some soldiers that committed the act. It does not concern millions of Igbo people.

It does. It was orchestrated and executed by over 7 igbos as leadmen. And the highest rank officer from Southwest and North were eliminated at the first two shot.

It takes a little pinch of logic to put the pieces together.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:11am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

The answer is that: Prior to this election year where your tribeman is involve. You never really give a damn about Nigeria or its history.

Don't vote Peter Obi because he is Igbo. Vote him because he is a man of integrity. Compassion, good character and competence.

Vote him because he took out time, left his wealth and splendor to seek the solutions of Nigeria.

Vote him because as a Governor, he did not siphon wealth.

Vote him because he is determined to improve the lives of all Nigerians.

I don't know about you but I am tired of suffering in my country.

Tribalism has not helped us.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 1:13am On Jan 17, 2023
tctrills:

What are you talking about? January 15 is our Armed forces remembrance day not a day for lazy tribal sentiments.No history book has blamed the Igbos so who taught you this.

Common sense.

Common sense taught us.
Common sense is the greatest Gift God ever gave mankind. It is more useful than any acquired knowledge.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:14am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

It does. It was orchestrated and executed by over 7 igbos as leadmen. And the highest rank officer from Southwest and North were eliminated at the first two shot.

It takes a little pinch of logic to put the pieces together.

How many northerners are there in Boko Haram? I guess we should go on rampage killing the whole North.

Imagine, 7 people. That is the whole Igbos ethnic group to you?

It does not make sense. They are seven individuals. Their actions was not an action endorsed by millions of people. It was a plan they did secretly.

Killing innocent people because of that makes you worse than them.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Common sense.

Common sense taught us.
Common sense is the greatest Gift God ever gave mankind. It is more useful than any acquired knowledge.

If you use common sense, you will know 7 people should face the actions of their crimes, not millions of innocent people.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by lhordspy: 1:16am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Don't vote Peter Obi because he is Igbo. Vote him because he is a man of integrity. Compassion, good character and competence.

Vote him because he took out time, left his wealth and splendor to seek the solutions of Nigeria.

Vote him because as a Governor, he did not siphon wealth.

Vote him because he is determined to improve the lives of all Nigerians.

I don't know about you but I am tired of suffering in my country.

Tribalism has not helped us.

Peter is a good man. But you can have a bad wife, but never a bad inlaw.

Peter's tribemen are the worst set of people to ever grace this planet. And this election just proved the popular assertion right. Do you see the insult, curses and hate flying around, emanating from them. They are hateful to the bone.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tctrills: 1:18am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Common sense.

Common sense taught us.
Anyone can call stupid hate common sense. If your common sense is just plain tribalism then it's something else. Why is your common sense not blaming the Fulani for 1983, you even voted for Buhari 2 times. Oga, this is your dark evil sense not your common sense.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Pityoobi: 1:19am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is a ridiculous thought pattern. Killing innocent people for the act of some people. Imagine killing a family because someone caught their child robbing. The family is innocent.

The point is simple. It is an Nzeogwu coup. Finish. Nothing Igbo. The Igbos should not pay. It was tribalists that gave that tag to fill hearts with hate for their divide and rule system.

The Northerners are still suffering, while few are carting away millions. The food is to make Igbos pay. Not thinking of how we can unite and move this country forward.
Ok, you don win,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:19am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Peter is a good man. But you can have s bad wife, but never a bad inlaw.

Peter's tribemen are the worst set of people to ever grace this planet. And this election just proved the popular assertion right. Do you see the insult, curses and hate flying around, emanating from them. They are hateful to the bone.

First of all, tagging people worst set is just borne out of tribalism and devoid of reality. There are millions of good, honest and God fearing Igbo people.

At the end, if you are in a plane, and it is crashing, and only an Igbo man can pilot it, you will ask him to do it,not caring he is Igbo.

The country is burning. Our economy is in tartars. No revenue due to irrelevant debts. Insecurity is on the rise. No money for allocations. Government is now extorting money on a rampant basis from our accounts.

This is the result of tribalism.

Time to end this tribal madness and let us fix the country.

Peter Obi means well for all Nigerians. Let us not waste this golden opportunity in our history.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Judolisco(m): 1:48am On Jan 17, 2023
My boss in d office from delta state once said he is not an igbo man, that igbos do not see them as igbos, despite speaking d same language.....I'm from kogi state and d language I speak is a little bit different from Yoruba but I'm still a Yoruba man.. Igbos must first be United amongst themselves b4 they can rule dis country...
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by 1Dray(m): 1:53am On Jan 17, 2023
imam07:
if u are really a man of history tell me why d coup was only successful in d west and northern part and not in d east.

I don't respond to urchins, sorry.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Kennyfancy(m): 1:56am On Jan 17, 2023
Thanksful:

The first time I am hearing this. Some say Niger Delta is anti Igbo.
we have never been anti igbo, we can only lie to ourselves but deep down the truth we are more Igbos than any other tribe, if I travel to the north, I will find more peace close to an Igbo man than an huasa or Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by oyebanji(m): 3:05am On Jan 17, 2023
Irrespective of whatever you say about the other coups, the Jan 66 coup smacked of ethnic cleansing! Even the great Zik was conveniently on "leave"

Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Now why is Gideon Okar’s coup not Tiv coup?

Why is Buhari coup not Fulani coup?

Why is Babaginda coup not Hausa coup?

Why is Nzeogwu’s coup the only one with that ethnic tag?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by oyebanji(m): 3:11am On Jan 17, 2023
The attempt at revisionism will not work sir. You shld have just stayed with your last paragraph. It may probably have not started as an ethnic coup but at the end of the day when it was time to review the accounts,. Westerners and Northerners took 99.9% of the losses. And someone still want to explain it away?

2elliot:
If today, someone brave enough decides to take down this govt in order to clean the dirty system. So, in your myopic mind, the likes of Osibanjo and a few refined politicians should also be taken out alongside some very obvious corrupt politicians just to prove a point that the person's mission is not partial? Is that what you would expect? No right thinking person will argue that a few Igbo soldiers attempted to overthrow a democratic govt, and then expect to rule the rest of the country in perpetuality. Na ment? Does it sound logical to you? Let's forget political and tribal bants. Unless, perhaps, some powerful foreign powers like even the Britain was in support of such move. It doesn't sound logical. How did they expect to fight of the pressures that would have arose from both domestic and foreign? The eastern region at the time had not much to gain from a united unitary system, since neither oil nor any major natural resources(revenues) came from other regions at the time. The push for minorities break away from the south east was still yet a threat at the time. So, what could have possibly motivated it?
But you see, power was concentrated in Lagos, and the major political gladiators were from the north and south west at the time. And with the political crisis that erupted in the south west due to the wild politics between Awolowo and Akintola, and coupled with some other issues in the north that led to crisis, the soldiers hastily adjudged the situation and felt it was good enough reason to cleanse the system. Perhaps, they should have given it more time and hoped on the political gladiators to receive some sense eventually.
So, you see, my guy. Even if we continue to analyse the past and apportion blames to one another, what has happened has happen. We who are living must find a common solution. If not, we will continue running in circles.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by zinizta: 3:15am On Jan 17, 2023
lhordspy:
According to the creator of this thread, he said:
"But what is most interesting is that all of these people are tagging the infamous 1966 coup as an Igbo coup as they have always done; erroneously so."

A Coup that was masterminded, orchestrated and executed by key heartless people like ; Chukuwama Nzeogwu, Anuforo,Onwuatuegwu, Emmanuel Efeajuna, Humphrey Chukwuma, Don Okafor from one tribe and One ethnic group only is what?

Is it a Fulani coup? Our problem in this country is when the truth is against our interest or affiliations, we always tend to see it as campaign of calumnies against us.

Truth should always be truth, irrespective of whether it favour us or not.
And the plain truth is that what happened that day jan. 15th 1966, was more of an organised Ethnic cleans!ng, a tr!bal war not just a coup.

Because after all this, Umunnakwe Aguyi-Irons! (the head of state then) from same tribe, did nothing in bringing this people to justice.

Clear as day...

Again, it is politicians doing the dirty work by heating the polity because ultimately this led to the civil war and we know how many people died.

Let's allow sleeping dogs lie as this people have paid and continue to pay for the sins of their fathers.

We shouldn't put it in their faces at every turn.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by rajiedreez: 3:19am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is an Nzeogwu coup. Nothing concerns the whole Igbos in the actions of a few officers.

Would you rather then call it Biafra coup.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by muykem: 3:26am On Jan 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Why are you guys always sound myopic in reasoning? Nigerian were not angry with the coup itself but the killing of other ethnic leaders except igbos.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by membranus: 4:22am On Jan 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

If you use common sense, you will know 7 people should face the actions of their crimes, not millions of innocent people.

But your kinsman, Aguiyi, the big lord of the land then, protected his 7 tribesmen, the coupists, from facing the wrath of the law in Igbo solidarity.

Therefore the rest of the Igbos are by tribal association culpable of the same crime, because they did not wholly condemn this murderous act of these tribal coupists. The same way the whole Germans are counted culpable for Hitler's heinous crime, even though he is an Austrian, and that not all Germans supported him.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by PapaFejiro: 4:40am On Jan 17, 2023
Why does the online Igbos shift goal post?

When it favours them they are in one place and happy, but when the narrative doesn't favour them they run against their earlier position and cry foul.

You all have been fighting with us from Niger Delta, claiming everywhere as Igbo territory and people.
Now you want to deny Anioma people that they are not Igbos.
Why are you people like this?

Well, Anioma people have seen it now.
If you want to follow Biafra, you all will regret it because it will be from frying pan to fire.

You are not Igbos as they have now denied.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 17, 2023
Yiibos love fooling themselves, thinking they're smart. A coup that killed the most senior northern military officer and the most senior western military officer, but spared the most senior yiibo military officer (in fact, power was handed over to him) should be termed what? A couple that killed the regional heads of the north and west, while sparing the regional head of the yeast (who happened to be yiibo) should be called what?

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh, really?

Probably because those other coup didn't involve the perpetrators killing the leaders of other major tribes while sparing their own? The mental gymnastics involved in even comparing the 1966 coup to the others should attract an Olympic gold medal award.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tishbite42: 5:02am On Jan 17, 2023
Sandazblack:

So how about the unprovoked massacre of the Igbos in 1945 and 1953 or isn’t that part of history?
Don't mind them
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by Ofolete: 5:04am On Jan 17, 2023
These men are the same with Buhari, Babangida, Abacha who did theirs and succeeded. The problem with them is that they didn't make it
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by tishbite42: 5:08am On Jan 17, 2023
oyebanji:

Irrespective of whatever you say about the other coups, the Jan 66 coup smacked of ethnic cleansing! Even the great Zik was conveniently on "leave"

Even a toddler then knew that a coup d'tat was brewing.
Azikiwe had as a matter of fact held an official meeting with the military top brass begging them not to intervene in the chaos Nigeria was turning to.
Ahmadu Bello, Ladoke Akintola all new that a coup was in the offing.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland? by arantess: 5:21am On Jan 17, 2023
imam07:
U are an idiot. Only one yoruba man was involved
The book is online

Use the 200mb data you have to download it and educate yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari Attends National Defence College Graduation Ceremony / Armed Soldier Rough Handled In The North (Video, Pictures) / Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.