Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,559 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:49 PM

Details Of The Dialogue Atiku Had With The NESG At The Lagos Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Details Of The Dialogue Atiku Had With The NESG At The Lagos Summit (166 Views)

How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / FG: Twitter Is Showing Little Enthusiasm Toward The Dialogue It Initiated / I Would Have Been Surprised If Atiku Had Won – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Details Of The Dialogue Atiku Had With The NESG At The Lagos Summit by Uba76: 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) presidential candidate in 2023 election, was in Lagos on Monday for a scheduled meeting with the Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG).
According to thisweekng, the former vice president acknowledged on Twitter that he arrived at the Summit House on Monday about 10:30 AM.

Atiku added, speaking to business leaders and elites at the summit, that if the government provides the people with sufficient economic possibilities, it will have a tremendous impact on their socioeconomic circumstances.

The presidential candidate believes that any policy or economic program cannot succeed without a firm handshake with business.

In a dig at the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) government, Atiku stated that the failure of the Muhammadu Buhari administration is plainly visible to every Nigerian.

The PDP presidential contender claimed that “capital has taken a flight alongside policy incoherence, which continues to cause an impediment to economic growth.”

Atiku said that his administration will encourage the private sector to spur growth if he were to become the next president of Nigeria.

“We have done it before, and you know we can do it again,” Atiku boasts.

He added: “We will create a strong partnership with the private sector to create jobs, grow our infrastructure, and fight poverty.” Our government will tackle the deficit in infrastructure financing and fast-track infrastructure development in the country.

“We will review government procurement processes to ensure value for money.”

“No one should downplay the enormity of the task ahead.” I have a good knowledge of the challenges facing Nigeria. I will come prepared and experienced.

“It will be dangerous for Nigeria to relinquish their future to a greenhorn or the national leader of the same party that brought us to this very sorry situation,” the presidential hopeful said.

He added: “I’m sure you still remember the good old days of rapid economic growth with stable interest and exchange rates, low inflation, low unemployment rates and low poverty headcount.” We paid off nearly all of our foreign debt which was crippling the country.

“As head of the economic management team while I was Vice President, I was instrumental in designing a private sector revival strategy and advocated for the opening of the economy for private sector investments in several sectors. And we made tremendous progress.”

https://thisweekng.com/2023/01/16/details-of-the-dialogue-atiku-had-with-the-nesg-at-the-lagos-summit/

Re: Details Of The Dialogue Atiku Had With The NESG At The Lagos Summit by Dniel: 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
God no go give us a leader we can't trust with our money
Re: Details Of The Dialogue Atiku Had With The NESG At The Lagos Summit by Raheeqilmaktoom: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Atiku's plan hinges mainly on getting businesses to work, which translates to more economic activities.
His plan seems to be the best.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Celebrity Endorsement Influence Who You Vote For? / Wannabe Presidents And Their Wonderlust / Imo PDP Denies Gov Uzodinma’s Allegations Insists He Knows About The Attack On I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.