Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,674 members, 7,885,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:27 PM

4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria (2999 Views)

Things That Can Damage Liver Fastdon’t Ruin Your Liver With Harmful Habits In Hu / Must Read: Shocking Facts About Abortion You Need To Know / Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 8:14pm On Sep 05, 2011
I wonder if majority of Nigerians are scared of hygiene, because they love and even celebrate their unhygienic habits.

4 Most Shocking Facts on Dirty Habits in Nigeria

1. 33 million Nigerians defecate in the open depositing 1.7 million tones of fæces in the environment annually.
2. 20% of Nigerians expect to be consoled for farting or belching without apologies.
3. 90% of Nigerian food vendors and cooks handle food immediately after blowing their noses.
4. 90% of Nigerians don’t wash their hands after urinating by the roadside.

That is why life expectancy had dropped below 48 years in Nigeria and may continue to drop until majority of Nigerians stop their unhygienic lifestyles. And the government sacks the stupid Minister of Health who said, “Dying is global. Perhaps is the turn of Nigerians to be dying young. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.”
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by Ybutterfly: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2011
It's so disgusting, healthcare and common health information needs to be taught to regular Nigerians in Nigeria so these sort of issues won't be problem or will at least be minor
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2011
Lack of public health education is the common cause of unhygienic ways of life among majority of Nigerians.
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by armyofone(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
by not washing your hands after using the toilet, you could come in contact with e. coli and his sibling germs plus spread them without knowing.

you see pple drop dead and they say it is juju.
not knowing germs are at work *sigh*
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by uzoo: 1:00am On Sep 08, 2011
i am quite sure that these unhygenic habits is the reason why health professionals tell nursing mothers to stick to exclusive breastfeeding.
most nigerian mothers are not hygenic at all especially when it comes to feeding utensils for babies.
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2011
uzoo:

i am quite sure that these unhygienic habits is the reason why health professionals tell nursing mothers to stick to exclusive breastfeeding.
most Nigerian mothers are not hygienic at all especially when it comes to feeding utensils for babies.
Even there is no clean water to use.
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by tollu: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
Orikinla:

I wonder if majority of Nigerians are scared of hygiene, because they love and even celebrate their unhygienic habits.

4 Most Shocking Facts on Dirty Habits in Nigeria

4. 90% of Nigerians don’t wash their hands after urinating by the roadside.

I can understand not washing your hands after urinating by the roadside, water might just not be available.

Haven't you ever been in a public bathroom and someone comes out of the stall next to you but you don't hear any sounds of hand washing or drying? This happens all the time at work.
People just do the do and leave without washing their hands even with lots of soap and running water available>
Re: 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria by pendo89(f): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2011
eew.never been there but shaking hands is not my favorite habit cz of all these thoughts plaguing my mind.
Hygiene is a personal decision. Some people will not wash hands even if you avail water and soap.They never feel the dirt.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Woman Who Performed Caesarean Section On Herself. / Angelina Jolie's Mastectomy Raised Awareness, Not Knowledge / Look At What Papaya Soap Did To My Cousin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.