Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,462 members, 7,914,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:17 PM

Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers (15442 Views)

Sunny Ade Wins N500m Copyright Suit 30 Years Later / Sunny Ade Is 69 Today / Buhari's Photographer, Bayo Omoboriowo And Fiancee (Pre-Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by bovy: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2011
Kidnappers Kill Juju Musican ,bayo Ade

A popular juju musician called Bayo Ade who was kidnapped yesterday in Benin was found dead today by family members and policemen who went to give the kidnappers the N5 million after they had earlier collected N500,000 as ransom
    The musician was kidnapped shortly after he performed for the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, during his 77th birthday anniversary at GRA Benin.
   The 55-year old Ade, whose career spanned over three decades, was trailed to his house at 76, Lagos Street, off Lagos Road, off Mission Road in Benin after he had finished his performance at the Igbinedion house in the afternoon .
He was abducted while dropping off the van that conveyed him from the show.
They whisked him away at gun-point to an unknown destination. From their hideout, the abductors called the family of the musician and demanded for a ransom of N20 million which was eventually reduced to N5 million.
His family pleaded with his abductors to exercise patience till today when the banks would have opened and they would be able to give them the N5 million ransom.
Early this morning the family members went to withdraw the N5 million from a bank, packed the money in a sack and with the police went to the kidnappers’ hideout.
But before getting to the point where the money was to be delivered to the kidnappers this morning, he was found dead at Ewa Junction off Ikpoba Hill in Benin City

Read more: http://www./2011/09/kidnappers-kill-juju-musican-bayo-ade.html#ixzz1X7AnXWft

Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by aloyemeka2: 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2011
It's a pity.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by kelvinlink: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2011
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!! This is really bad!!!! As in really really bad!! Why didn't they just pick up their phocking money and go rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by BootyOnMe: 10:52pm On Sep 05, 2011
I remember this dude.
He sang all night for my mom's 40-eth birthday in Benin-City.
We rocked all night! cool

My favorite track. . . "AMEBO DEM GO TAYA"!

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivr3_0QNV8s[/flash]

But before getting to the point where the money was to be delivered to the kidnappers this morning, [size=20pt]he was found dead at Ewa Junction off Ikpoba Hill in Benin City[/size]

Nigeria na wah!

Hope it is not an inside job o!

Comment from youtube clip.

[size=20pt]Just learnt Bayo Ade was kidnapped and killed.[/size] May his soul rest in peace. The absolute lack of security in Nigeria has reached an alarming state. These kidnappings have no boundaries. When will this stop?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? shocked
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by beninman1(m): 7:52am On Sep 06, 2011
This is a shocking and most dastardly.

What is Benin turning into. First, it was Elder Tes Sorae, CEO of Tom Line Industries. His wife and Police guard were killed in his abduction processs.
Now, barely 2 weeks later, another citizen is kidnapped and murdered.

If this problem isn't addressed head on, we would have a major crisis in our hands, even far worse than terrorist attack
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by mallorca(m): 7:58am On Sep 06, 2011
RIP Bayo
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by claremont(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2011
Benin city, my beloved hometown, used to be one of the most peaceful ancient cities in the world. Unfortunately, the foul-smelling disease plaguing every other Nigerian city has infected Benin city; it has been turned into a den of thieves, murderers, and kidnappers. The government which should supposedly play it's role in providing security for it's citizens has abdicated it's responsibility; therefore, insecurity has thrived beyond redemption. I weep for my beloved city!!!

May the soul of Bayo Ade RIP! cry cry
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by beeman80: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2011
Nigeria in a huge mess!
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Andrew3(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2011
WHY DID THEY GO WITH THE POLICE? NOW SEE THE OUTCOME, THE KIDNAPPERS MUST HAVE LEARN T THAT
THE POLICE WERE INVOLVED. R.I.P sad sad sad
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by moremi2008(m): 8:14am On Sep 06, 2011
Is Nigeria still viable as an entity? It's craziness everywhere you look. It's like the entire country is devolving into madness.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Sacarstic: 8:17am On Sep 06, 2011
Another bad news, R.I.P
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 06, 2011
RIP Bayo.
Have always loved that amebo song.
The security apparatus of this country needs to be overhauled. COMPLETELY!
The Police,army,navy,SSS,immigration,customs and all the security advisers.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Pukkah: 8:55am On Sep 06, 2011
Richvkunt:

RIP Bayo.
Have always loved that amebo song.
The security apparatus of this country needs to be overhauled. COMPLETELY!
The Police,army,navy,SSS,immigration,customs and all the security advisers.

The security personnel are just drawing salaries and overheads without giving any commensurate value in return to Nigeria. When you look at this, coupled with how private citizens like Bayo Ade have become endangered species, you begin to see the building blocks of a disintegrating society. Indeed, Nigeria is wheeling itself back into a state of nature where life is short, nasty and brutish.

Again, as we helplessly say, may the soul of the departed rest in peace. Sad.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by okadaman2: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2011
claremont:

Benin city, my beloved hometown, used to be one of the most peaceful ancient cities in the world. Unfortunately, the foul-smelling disease plaguing every other Nigerian city has infected Benin city; it has been turned into a den of thieves, murderers, and kidnappers. The government which should supposedly play it's role in providing security for it's citizens has abdicated it's responsibility; therefore, insecurity has thrived beyond redemption. I weep for my beloved city!!!

I've always hoped that kidnapping for ransom will not get to Benin-city because I know they will over-do it. When it comes to stuffs like this, it's better not to even let them start at all.  embarassed

RIP bro. sad
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by beknown(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2011
May his soul Rest in Peace.

Nigeria has become a lawless country.

Kidnapping has become the way of life and common occurence in Benin city. Is appears that kidnapping is the new money-making venture in town.

Since kidnapping news began to unfold all over Nigeria, no single person has been arrested and convicted. That is the evidence that the Nigeria Police Force belong in the gang.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by splitnaija(m): 9:20am On Sep 06, 2011
Yeah, GEJ should go ahead and grant amnesty to Boko Haram bombers, including Niger Delta militants now turned Kidnappers!!! This is what you get when you negotiate with criminal elements.

Rest in peace brother Bayo Ade.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by buJu234: 9:21am On Sep 06, 2011
everyone should b given the right to own a gun sef
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Greenslim: 9:49am On Sep 06, 2011
rip
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by bisiaet: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2011
Can we called this a kidnappers or an hired assassin because I dont know what a hell is the reason to even picked him up at a gunpoint talkless of killing him this is sad event.

I still dont know what kind of heart this guys has for God sake and after all these if they are eventually caught they will say because they are unemploy that is why they do kidnapping nonsense but the question is is this man called Bayo a politician, or a governor, or even rich man at all?

Shame on this guys and is a big shame indeed no excuse under the sun for criminality.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2011
this is so sad.
they shouldn't have involved the police,
for the fact that the guy was killed even before they  got there means they(kidnappers) had prior information.
(is somebody thinking what am thinking)
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Sijo01(f): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2011
claremont:

Its so sad dat dis's wat Benin City has turned out to be. cry cryjust recently a PDP chieften & also a Business man was kidnapped, as if that was not enough, dey killed his wife, driver & his two police ADC. one of his daughter was lucky to survive d gun short. its so sad! cry cry

RIP Bayo! cry cry
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by clomn(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2011
trust edo boys. their own things are always different.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Lizzypop: 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2011
I don't know what this world is turning into, May God have mercy. RIP angry
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Sijo01(f): 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
clomn:

wat has Edo Boys got to do wit dis? angry angry
d pple committing dis crime ar mostly boyz from other state.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Pukkah: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2011
clomn:

Sijo01:

wat has Edo Boys got to do wit dis? angry angry
d pple committing dis crime [b]ar mostly boyz from other state
.[/b]

Do you have any information that may aid investigation on the identity of the culprits?
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Siga: 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2011
Can we for once stop tribalising things angry, the fact remains this nonsense was commited on Nigerian soil, and this not the first time and I dont think it would be the last, something drastic needs to be done to help Nigeria,
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Demainman1: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2011
I think the Oba cursed this evil doers sometime ago? Dem don find antidote for the curse?

Na wa o. Which way Nigeria?

May his soul rest in peace. Amen
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2011
What has Benin done to deserve Lawrence Anini,Monday Osunbor, Lucky Igbinedion and now these kidnappers? Bayo Ade RIP
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Pukkah: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
Demain_man:

I think the Oba cursed this evil doers sometime ago? Dem don find antidote for the curse?

Na wa o. Which way Nigeria?

May his soul rest in peace. Amen

It just goes to say that the solution to the Nigerian debacle is neither prayers nor curses. A security challenge such as the one ravaging Nigeria at the moment requires far-reaching decisions across the security agencies and not just glibly mouthing prayers/curses and thereafter waiting for a miracle to happen.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by Pennywise(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2011
Where the hell is Edo state comrade governor? I heard he is away in the US again. He should tell the people what he is doing with

that state security vote? While kidnapping is dying down in other states, Edo is having a resurgence. These are mostly kidnappers

who have found the eastern states too hot to operate in.
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by obukokwois: 2:36pm On Sep 06, 2011
OMG shocked
Re: Juju Musician Bayo Ade Is Killed By Kidnappers by metrixauto: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2011
It is very pathetic in this Country,Sucide bombers in the North,Kidnapers in the South,May God Heal our dear Nation called Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Abuja Based Comedian Shortcut Releases Amazing Photos Ahead Of His Event / Dammy Krane: "I Paid For All My Videos Even When I Was Under A Label” / “You Traumatized Me ” - Adesuwa Renee Tells Faceless Blogger, Cutie Juls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.