Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! (9593 Views)

Lady Narrates How She Was Called For An Interview But Was Given N800 To Leave / I Have An Interview But No Suit/jacket / A Candidate Didn't Do Well In Her Interview But She Was Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by DispatcherLagos: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
I had similar experience when I was serving, matter of fact 3 months before my POP.
I wrote a civil service exam, passed and was invited for an interview, during which I was asked for my nysc discharge certificate and I told them I will be passing out in 3 months time and they asked for my id card of which I presented and they confirmed its originality via the Nysc portal and they continued with the interview.

So make sure you go with your Service ID card and or if possible, get a written document from your L.I or Z.I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Bantu10: 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:
I applied to a graduate trainee role in a bank and I've followed the assessment till the 4th stage where we need to come for another assessment and bring out documents. Part of the document is NYSC discharge certificate and I won't be passing out till late February.

I was invited for the interview on Friday and I am confused on whether to go or not if I won't be disqualified because of it. I already sent a mail to their HR but I didn't get any response. What can I do please?

most organizations dont check your documents until you have passed the interview stage, and ready for documentation. so Just go, it might be till February that your documents are sighted and vetted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Epinbiz(m): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
just go there with faith
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Enskynelson(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:
I applied to a graduate trainee role in a bank and I've followed the assessment till the 4th stage where we need to come for another assessment and bring out documents. Part of the document is NYSC discharge certificate and I won't be passing out till late February.

I was invited for the interview on Friday and I am confused on whether to go or not if I won't be disqualified because of it. I already sent a mail to their HR but I didn't get any response. What can I do please?
Go there
All you stand to lose is your time and transportation if you go and they refuse to consider.
If however you stay at home and refuse to go, you stand a chance of missing the job as you may be considered for the role. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Ijaya123: 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

You think i stand a chance?

You will never know if you don’t attend
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by AdaojoTheUrchin: 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Human beings sef. He has given you advice on the BEST action to take. Is it not better than sitting at home and losing hope (100%) when you can have shot and a chance (50-50)?

How do you lose what you do even have in the first place?

Na wa for people o.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by OhiOfIhima: 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
Omó, just go... Whether they will understand or not, which they will... You have nothing to blame urself for.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by hollandis(f): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Take the certification of entry to nysv
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by horpe132(m): 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Get a TO WHO or INTRODUCTION letter from your NYSC LG inspector stating that you're who you say you are and when you'll be ending your service....

Its left to the HR to take you or not, its a 60/40 thing..... in all you do, be confident, smile & prove some social skills.... Be calm about it, explain your predicament "When/if asked"
In all, dont forge any document...all the best

1 Like

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Goodzinny: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Go with what you have you are almost done. As long as you have reached this level, they have already seen the potentials in you and may not bother you about that.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by EastAlchemist: 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

You will get it OP if you believe
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by sheuncaesar(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Go with the one you have. If you haven't gotten your discharge certificate yet, go with your NYSC ID card, at least that will indicate when you're expected to finish to be able to collect your discharge certificate.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by EmmyDJourno: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Just go, as long as you are serving, them go still rush you like 8am Akara, coz you most likely would resume in June
Banks thrive on fresh naive graduates
Be confident, speak in a friendly tone, don’t be ashamed to say you don’t know what you don’t know, like Peter Obi, say, “I have no idea right now, but would seek more information and hopefully get back to you on it”, but don’t do this more than once
Then have atleast 2 questions for them, don’t say, I don’t have any questions(minus)
Good luck bro
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by alizma: 2:23pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Go for the interview, tell them your due date for passing out. If you are to submit the credentials, then type on an A4 paper and in capital letters, NYSC passing out date, xx February,2023. Make it big and staple it to one important documents among others and let it be the last or second to the last, depending on the volume of the entire documents needed. Make sure your name is type on top of the A4 paper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by hardbody: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
odeh1:
This NYSC certificate may not be required at this stage, why exposing your wickness, who asked you to send mail to HR.

Bolded has been fixed. It is weakness.

Meanwhile, it might be good that he put all his cards on the table so they will know he is a person of truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by goldmatrix(m): 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
What do you loose if they disqualify you at the center
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Kaiser20: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

The way you are already sweeting please make sure you don't present a fake document out of desperation
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Eriokanmi: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

How can this be a problem? You've really gone far, which means they're interested in you. You're almost done with your nysc. Just go with what you have. Pray before you go for God's favour. Good luck.

Let me share a brief story with you. This man happened to be my brother's friend. He graduated from ibadan poly as a geologist but he didn't possess the right qualifications which Chevron was looking for, mid 90s. He saw this advert inside the guardian.newspaper where most employers used to advertise jobs in those days. I also got all my employments there. Now the game had changed as most jobs adverts are now online-based. They were looking for graduate trainiee geologists and University graduates but he applied. Reluctantly, he was shortlisted and participated in the aptitude test. He graduated with distinction from ibapoly. When the result came, he came first overall. Chevron jettisoned the results and advertised again cos none of those who applied got up to their requited cut off point, except the young man.

He saw the advert and applied again, they saw his name and still shortlisted him. He scored above their expectations again. They now invited him for an interview. It was during the interview session he got to know all these. Chevron had never employed an hnd graduate before him. He was hired. The man had been at Chevron headquarters in US for over a decade now on promotion. So, bite the bullet and go for the interview. Don't be afraid cos people you're going to meet are human beings , just like you and they reason too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Sified(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
I believe if you do well in the interview they'll be able to make an exception for you.
So, go.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by MASTERMIND04(m): 2:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
quote author=H2ho post=120119236]Go!
Since its not Dragnet or Gmat grin grin[/quote]
grin
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Raphaeldhero(m): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
dogtails:
Go if u wan go nor dey ask yeye question

Lol...ohh world people.
Make una dey try dey calm down naaa
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by tunize(m): 3:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Better to try than not trying at all
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by tirex(m): 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Firstly, DId you at any point lie that you had completed your NYSC??...
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Queseda: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Go with a copy of your callup letter to show you will finish in February
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Chibaby87(f): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

You can still go with your NYSC I D so they may think you are lying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chevrolet076:

Yeye question. Why not go first? Highest they will say is no, it is not a prison sentence.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by FaithBrain1994(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Till today, the firm i am working for haven't seen my certificates, not even for once. They only thing they needed was my cv. I went for the interview, i efficiently defended my cv, talked about my experiences and what value i can bring to the table. Wow, i got the job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Imotman(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
Wow! Love your story. Nice move you made.

The young man should just go for the interview, there's nothing to lose by going. Rather, he loses everything by not showing up.

chloride6:
Aah this is a good time to share my experience.

I was in the same shoe with you about 5 years ago.

I scaled all the hurdles and got to the final assessment center . The only problem was this NYSC certificate.

What did I do? I went there like that. I was turned down by the overzealous human resource contractors handling the recruitment (Dragnet I think). Anyway my stubborn head no be here, I identified the key HR contact for the bank on the grounds and concisely stated my case. She took one look and said , let him in!

That was how I entered and did the interview. Of course I got the offer..

When training school resumed, I still didn’t have the Certificate. There was still one week left. I resumed on Monday but passing out was Thursday.. everyone was given ID card expect me and 1 other guy in my situation…lol…because we were without ID card. I went to Benin on Wednesday to get my certificate and handed it over and I was issued my ID card.

I and the HR person have since left the company for much better things. Infact she is now the global hiring manager for Heineken. God bless you Nkechi!!

To answer your question, please attend the interview and be ready to make a clear case why you should be given a chance. Make it clear that your passing out date is by the corner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by kareemkamil(m): 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2023
Go & rent na, to balance it up.
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Melagros(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
EmmaLege:
Me dey always go wether e complete or not grin
We're in the same boat, na so me too I dey do
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by Melagros(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
Tannhauser:

Walai, me too back then cool.
After all no be like say them go flog you ni. grin
We plenty oo
Re: I Have An Interview But My Required Documents Are Incomplete! by kayusely70(m): 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
It's advisable you attend the interview. They're likely to offer you the job if you perform brilliantly well! Go please go!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies / Salary Scale For NABDA Entry Level / Deloitte Nigeria Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.