Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? (9090 Views)

Radio Biafra : British Prime Minister Cameron/buhari Secret Arms Deal Exposed / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. / SSS And Soldiers Raid Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by splitnaija(m): 8:15am On Sep 06, 2011
The truth is we need to split this country whether we like it or not, it's just a matter of time and that time is dangerously near now.

Let the ever-backward NORTHERNERS tend to their violent, crude and archaic religion & provocative beliefs and leave the progressive and liberal SOUTHERNERS alone.

As I type now, I'm religiously studying AK-47, grenades, bazookas and other weapons of war.

Enough is enough for these grass-eating Northern spoilers!!!
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by lonamy: 8:18am On Sep 06, 2011
It is very evident that this country called Nigeria can no longer co-exist. The best thing to do is to yield to Muammar Gaddaffi's proposition to split Nigeria.
There are a lot of foolishness going on. Now that UN itself has become a point of attack in Nigeria, the decision to split the country should come from the world security body.

If terrorism in Nigeria is not curtailed, nobody in the world is safe. Because Nigerians are very rugged and can do anything to survive. If terrorism is the only way for them to makle money to survive their family, they will become terrorist in no time. And Nigeria is a country that can produce terrorists in millions. I really pity our leaders, because they refused to do the right thing, they have been looting the economy and living large, now the head of the snake is well matured to produce the venom that will utterly consume them.

Very soon, especially the northern leaders, suicide bombers will start knocking the doors of their house.

So I appeal to the World Security Governing body (UN) to split Nigeria, before terrorism flows to the southern part of the country, the southern part of Nigeria are smatter and can improvise more devices faster. The Igbo brothers will do anything to make money, we are still battling with the issue of kidnapping. When kidnapping becomes less profittable, they will go for terrorism.

Please, let there be no more Nigeria, this is a country with three countries combined together, everybody is seeking for what they can gain not what they can contribute.
Thank God we have a President that will not say NO. Just propose spilitting the country to him, he will sign it, I trust My President.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by generalzango(m): 8:27am On Sep 06, 2011
Bloody fools,
Illitrates, & so what? Aren't d entire chiefs in d 9ja delta part & parcel of d entire gun running, illigal oil bunkering, kidnapping, rape etc what was ur comments there? U bargers were so dumb 2 know that this pple u gave d name boko haram, 'r doing what they 'r doing cos their parents & other family relations, friends etc were gunned down & flirty excuse was given as ''accidental discharge''. Tell me if they 'r not released, how can d gov't dialogue with them May God punish any barger who makes any further comment here against the release of d BH.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by okadaman2: 8:29am On Sep 06, 2011
Nothing will come out of these cables, those who are in charge of Nigeria know how to deal with their problems, Jonathan will do nothing, nothing at all. That is the agreement.

If Jonathan decides to play cowboy(HE NEVER WILL) then Nigeria can be assured of a destructive conflict. Nothing like that will happen though.

Stop deceiving yourselves people, those who are in charge of Nigeria are not dumb, they may be greedy and wicked towards regular Nigerians but they know how to take care of each others problems hush hush.

The last cowboy punk was Abacha and they silenced him before he could throw the country into war, and mess up their investment. They are not going to be that careless again soon.

BTW Jonathan is clearly not a cowboy or punk, he will manage the crisis as expected and directed. He will cause no radical change. None at all. Just be merry and be happy.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by hercules07: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2011
I see this as an ill conceived solution without any sort of malice, they were trying to do the right things the wrong way, there is no way you can try to reform those who have chosen the path of violence, no matter the olive branch being offered to any militant ( south or north) justice must always prevail.
Jonathan knows what to do to solve this problem, let him grow some backbone jare.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by alaanu(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2011
hercules07:

I see this as an ill conceived solution without any sort of malice, they were trying to do the right things the wrong way, there is no way you can try to reform those who have chosen the path of violence, no matter the olive branch being offered to any militant ( south or north) justice must always prevail.
Jonathan knows what to do to solve this problem, let him grow some backbone jare.

Unfortunately, Jonathan dare not grow any backbone as u suggested, okada_man has just answered why he dare not,
okada_man:

Nothing will come out of these cables, those who are in charge of Nigeria know how to deal with their problems, Jonathan will do nothing, nothing at all. That is the agreement.

If Jonathan decides to play cowboy(HE NEVER WILL) then Nigeria can be assured of a destructive conflict. Nothing like that will happen though.

Stop deceiving yourselves people, those who are in charge of Nigeria are not dumb, they may be greedy and wicked towards regular Nigerians but they know how to take care of each others problems hush hush.

The last cowboy punk was Abacha and they silenced him before he could throw the country into war, and mess up their investment. They are not going to be that careless again soon.

BTW Jonathan is clearly not a cowboy or punk, he will manage the crisis as expected and directed. He will cause no radical change. None at all. Just be merry and be happy.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by lillyveezy: 9:29am On Sep 06, 2011
However, Sanders noted that while the SSS pushed on with the plan, some of the imams “contended that the so-called de-radicalisation efforts of the SSS were not only ill-conceived, but also ineffective, counter-productive, and unimpressive.”

CAN SOME1 PLS HELP ME, THE PAIN OF THE REALITY IS EXCRUCIATING!!! SSS IS OF NORTHERN ORIGIN & ALL MILITARY + PARAMILITARY. DO WE NEED THEM TO GO ON AS A NATION?
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by EnigmAries(m): 10:39am On Sep 06, 2011
It is high time we understood that there can never be unity in diversity. The earlier we go our way the better for us all. The dream of a better Nigeria is just like shadow-chasing. I've been aware of the political happenings in this country ever since i was five. Nothing has really got better, but instead things are getting worse by the day. I do not see a so-called united Nigeria better than what is obtained now, till thy kingdom come. You can call me a pessimist if you like, but let the right thing be done. DIVISION!
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by peleson: 11:06am On Sep 06, 2011
Yar Adua's NSA, Major General Abdullahi Sarki Mukhtar and all other associates in the SSS and POLICE ,MILITARY should be persecuted and hanged to DEATH, the report by SANDERS is true and has been proven, now let heads rolllllllllllllllllllllllll, sultant and all other emirs should face the music and dance to the very death they brought to our beloved ones, they all should be hanged as well
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by favouredjb(f): 11:24am On Sep 06, 2011
generalzango:

Bloody fools,
Illitrates,  & so what? Aren't d entire chiefs in d 9ja delta part & parcel of d entire gun running, illigal oil bunkering, kidnapping, violation etc  what was your comments there? U bargers were so dumb 2 know that this pple u gave d name boko haram, 'r doing what they 'r doing cos their parents & other family relations, friends etc were gunned down & flirty excuse was given as ''accidental discharge''. Tell me if they 'r not released, how can d gov't dialogue with them May God punish any barger who makes any further comment here against the release of d BH.

kolomental,its obvious u no dey alrite,omo iran kiran

@post,its glaring these northerners are our major problem in naija,and m afraid if something is not done fast,
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by favouredjb(f): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2011
sadly,seems @okadaman is saying the truth
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by sley4life(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
our SSS are quack. This northerners want to ruin this country.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by Beaf: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
okada_man:

Another of your tragically flawed formulaic arguments that make logic weep.

Why do you think the establishment is fighting back so ferociously and why do you think GEJ is the very first President they are fighting? The answers will be very illuminating to you. You will find that your arguments only help the establishments evil tactics, its wisdom to study the terrain thoroughly before making statements.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by iykemanuel(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
this problem is way bigger dan bros j alone. I think the entire south,east,west and middle belt shud just come together military and civilians and we shud just break up. I suspect the STFs activities in jos and the army in general. They are biased and ethnocentric. Jonah pls act fast

Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by nearest(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
The things that divide us are more than the ones that unite us (if there's any), let every region go on its own, some people think they are kings, and the rest should bow always at their feet.
Imagin releasing a terrorist suspect to somebody not trained in anyway to reform a terrorist, thats stupidi.ty, divide this country i say!
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by splitnaija(m): 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2011
nearest:

The things that divide us are more than the ones that unite us (if there's any), let every region go on its own, some people think they are kings, and the rest should bow always at their feet.
Imagin releasing a terrorist suspect to somebody not trained in anyway to reform a terrorist, thats stupidi.ty, divide this country i say! 

Truth is always bitter but it must be said, splitting of Naija is inevitable!!!
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by ITbomb(m): 3:51pm On Sep 06, 2011
and coming from US of A, when they say we will break up, they probably know What they were saying. They have more intelligence about Nigeria than Nigerians
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by luluosas(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
I have been telling people that, the war against Boko Haram can never be won, no matter the number of international intelligence, hired to fish them out. Do you know why? They are people living among us. They are in the Police, Army, Airforce, Navy, SSS, Civil Defense, among our jobless graduates, students and undergraduates, enterpreneurs and employees, water vendors (mai ruwa), and most wickedly, they are our Politicians, holding sensitive positions in the government of Goodluck Jonathan. Until and unless a radical approach is employed, to deal with this menace, we will never go anywhere nor make progress, in the fight against terrorism. Bomb blasts will continue, and the arrested suspects will continually get bailed. God bless Nigeria.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by okadaman2: 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
Beaf:

Another of your tragically flawed formulaic arguments that make logic weep.

Why do you think the establishment is fighting back so ferociously and why do you think GEJ is the very first President they are fighting? The answers will be very illuminating to you. You will find that your arguments only help the establishments evil tactics, its wisdom to study the terrain thoroughly before making statements.

Bro. I guess you read my "tragically flawed formulaic argument" as an attack on GEJ. Right? That's unfortunate.

Your assumption is that the "Nigerian establishment" is purely Hausa/Fulani/Islamic or some other ethnic jingoists. I can understand why you feel that way, but it's simply not the whole picture.

Nigeria operates a well oiled system of patronage across all major ethnicities and major religious groups. GEJ cannot break it unless he gets radical. He will not get radical. And we can't reform nada until we shake that patronage system to it's core.

Well, I don tok my own, just remember that you are not more Nigerian than I am. Make we dey look am, results and success don't lie. We dey this Naija together.  

P.S: For the sake of those who don't know, Jonathan is NOT the first president to face this kind of northern extremist uprising or attacks, the maitatsine religious conflict of the early 80's comes to mind, it claimed thousands of lives too, several pockets of religious extremism inspired violence occurred before and after that.

To be honest, I personally hope this is different and political ( because it will create some chaos among the establishment and leave them exposed and vulnerable) but I doubt it and I see little evidence to support that. They will join hands to crush this together and the patronage will continue.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2011
@ okadaman,

your contribution surely hits the nail on the head, it is yet to be seen if Gej is a radical,
it is very true that the nigerian system is by patronage, and it now cuts across all tribes, but i must add that, a particular group of people from a certain region, have patented rights to this system, it is even used in their traditions, if not religion.

@ beaf, everything no be fight, relax.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by Beaf: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2011
df2006:

@ okadaman,

your contribution surely hits the nail on the head, it is yet to be seen if Gej is a radical,
it is very true that the nigerian system is by patronage, and it now cuts across all tribes, but i must add that, a particular group of people from a certain region, have patented rights to this system, it is even used in their traditions, if not religion.

Lol! Okada_man is a man with a good heart, but a grossly incomplete picture, that is why I have told him that his arguments are "formulaic" and "tragically flawed."
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by okadaman2: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2011
Beaf:

Lol! Okada_man is a man with a good heart, but a grossly incomplete picture, that is why I have told him that his arguments are "formulaic" and "tragically flawed."

Just dey patronize me for dia, na you sabi  tongue

Me wey I Razist die  grin
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by peleson: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
never say never.nigeria if managed well has a potential that can sustain everyone, all we need is to give our leader the support he deserves even in a difficult situation
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by okadaman2: 6:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
df2006:

@ okadaman,

it is very true that the nigerian system is by patronage, and it now cuts across all tribes
, but i must add that, a particular group of people from a certain region, have patented rights to this system, it is even used in their traditions, if not religion.

Bro. That is the unfortunate reality. I really do wish GEJ well, but not convinced he can do it.

What we have in Nigeria is more of class oppression than ethnic or tribal.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
okada_man:

Bro. That is the unfortunate reality. I really do wish GEJ well, but not convinced he can do it.

What we have in Nigeria is more of class oppression than ethnic or tribal.

i agree, but notice below

The release of the 12 individuals suspected of AQIM links and to planning terrorist attacks in Nigeria may be connected to overtures made by the SSS to northern traditional and Islamic leaders. While several imams have been reticent to concede that extremism (or terrorism) may obtain in the North, several others have told PolOff that[b] they (and not the Government of Nigeria) are far more capable of dealing with extremism, contending that the matter must be dealt with internally, given local sensitivities and customs[/b].

but where this above has failed, where then is the solution?   this i believe prompted beaf,s statement below

Damn!
This simply shows that the problem is impossible to solve without war or splitting the country. How can anybody replace the traditional rulers and Imans across the North? This is in addition to corrupt security services (another wikileaks has shown the Yar Adua's NSA to be an Islamic extremist).
These people are embedded deep within society.

they arranged for the release of this men.

i must add that, they the traditional rulers and imam, where in their own ways trying to remove the toga of terrorists from northern nigeria, but as it is, this tactics has clearly failed! but you still find them in silent  support of this various groups, i remember the sultan saying clearly that BH was not responsible for bombings.

how will the rest of nigerians go about, solving these threats, without it, having ethnic coloration?

Gej has a monumental task ahead of him, and its a shame a lot of people do not realize this
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by okadaman2: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
^

He's not in an easy situation but honestly that was the job he signed for.

The regular Nigerian option is to manage the situation and not embarass powerful local elites, even when they are blocking your moves, these elites tip toe around each other and settle things hush hush, but they will never address fundamental issues because it brings in uncertainties and demands some radicalism. Radicalism that can mess up their investments.

They know each other's dirty deals, it's not wise to act like a cowboy in front of people who know your secret and weakness. You have to either be clean or not give a damn about nothing but radical change to succeed.

Jonathan can call the sultan's bluff and go hard on extremists, including anyone linked to them in the upper religious or political echelon, but it will have short term repercussions and I don't think he's ready for it. So the management continues.

Until we get a radical leader, we can't fix these things, except oil dries up and we all become desperate.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by olapluto(m): 12:01am On Sep 07, 2011
Justice for all is the only thing that can solve Nigeria's problems. We need to start killing the killers and sparing the innocent. If the people released have committed no offence, then SSS is right to release them and monitor them. It is obvious SSS is not monitoring them as well as they should, hence the reason for further radicalization. Being an extremist does not warrant arrest, carrying out extremist acts does.
I think its time to break the truce (if any), and start prosecuting anyone found guilty of taking innocent lives be it Northerner or Southerner. When we start doing this, there will be some decency within the system.
Jos will continue to boil until examples are made on both sides. Let them arrest the next Berom to kill a Fulani and execute him publicly and arrest the next Fulani that kills a Berom and do the same.
However, its unfortunate that some people (even law enforcers) pay more allegiance to their region than to Nigeria. It is unfortunate that this ethnic/tribal allegiances will be our undoing at the end of the day.
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by sidney4: 3:22am On Sep 07, 2011
nija problem! when will it be solved lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SSS And Northern Leaders Deal Exposed? by jidewin(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
I say we should DIVIDE THE COUNTRY INTO 7 REGIONS, South-south,West, South East,North east,North South,Middle belt and eastern Nigeria.SIMPLE.Let all the regions have their chancellors or whatever title they want we have only one PRIME MINISTER.simple!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Dumps NIS Tragedy Probe Report / PHOTOS: Governor Visits Birnin Kebbi Central Market Gutted By Fire / 500 APC Members Join PDP In Delta, Say Party Has Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.