Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,730 members, 7,918,246 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:42 AM

Yorubas And Igbos Are The Same - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas And Igbos Are The Same (162 Views)

Protest: Igbos Are Becoming Wise — Ohaneze Youth / Kano Youths Give 2 Day Ultimatum For Yorubas and Ibos To Leave Kano / Igbos Are More Nigerian Than Everyone Yet We Are Treated Like Mumu - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas And Igbos Are The Same by ArewaQuitessenc: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2023
That's why I find it funny when Yorubas try to goad and gaslight the North into hating Igbos just to look innocent themselves. I can understand that the North has a political alliance with the SW courtesy of Asiwaju's role in voting Buhari into power, but that doesn't mean the North views the SW as any less anti-North as the Igbos, only difference is Igbos aren't slippery and coy about their disdain for the North, I actually respect the Igbos more because when they don't like you, they won't pretend about it (I appreciate the straight-forwardness).

Yorubas always accuse Igbos of using IPOB to kill Northerners in the East, but we haven't forgotten that the killing of Northerners in the South actually started in the SW- particularly Lagos with OPC as the principal actors, there are still reports of various OPC massacres of innocent Northerners in the SW.

Yorubas accuse Nnamdi Kanu of anti-North rhetorics, but didn't Sunday Igboho insult fulani residents in the SW and threaten violence on them? Igboho and his boys are on record for instigating acts of violence on Northerners in Igangan and other parts of the SW.

Yorubas accuse Igbos of pushing for Biafra, but Sunday Igboho also received massive support and endorsements from many yorubas when he started his oduduwa nation agitation, only reason why yorubas quickly doused the agitation and pretended it never happened was because Tinubu declared his aspirations to run for presidency...suddenly Sunday Igboho became the "distraction" to the Yoruba call for Nigeria's unity, and then Igbos became the bad guys because many of Nnamdi Kanu's followers refused to support Obi but stuck to their Biafran agitation.

Lastly I don't support Obi, as I feel he's just overrated, but Tinubu isn't any better than Obi in any way.

Nigerians should quit tribal politics and embrace the candidacy of H.E Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for the interest of peace, equality and inclusiveness across board!

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Igbos Are The Same by SWATMan: 9:53am On Jan 18, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy
All these epistle just for us to vote Atiku. BTW I forgot that northerners love both Igbos and Yorubas.
Re: Yorubas And Igbos Are The Same by Starboytwo(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2023
What are you saying

Yoruba this, igbo that, so the North is Jesus abi, better go and sleep.

No Yoruba has ever accused the Igbos of helping killing any Aboki, just jargons from ur imagination.

Yoruba, accuse Nnamdi Kanu of anti-north rhetorics undecided Nigga, where you copied this trash from?

Ibos and the north can choose to leave Nigeria this minute and nothing will do me. Guy rest.

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Laments 24 Years Of Mistakes Brought Nigeria To Where It Is / Jagaban Of The Universe And The Lion Of Bourdillon / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.