Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,656 members, 7,951,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? (7826 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by brainpulse: 9:14am On Sep 08, 2011
X-factoria:

Guy, I disagree with you on this. We have the worst followers compared to any democratic nation on earth. We simply sit down and do nothing other than complain and rain insults on perceived bad leaders while we contribute nothing towards the development of our country. The other day I heard my neighbour complaining shortly after that destructive Lagos flood in July only to check and discover that the section of the drainage in front of his house is blocked and he and his co-tenats simply did nothing than waiting for Fashola or Surulere LG Boss to come and clear it for them.

If we are to out-source the Presidency of this country to citizens of the West like Clinton, Tony Blair etc, Nigeria will still not change because we frustrate our leaders and make governance hectic for them. The problems plaguing our country are so multi-faceted that it will frustrate any sane leader. If we are any better than our leaders, how come they find peaceful abodes among us How come we keep producing one bad leader after another since independence A nation deserves the leader it gets.

So you guys should take it easy. Jonathan may not be so smart but he is not dumb. Even though I agree he needs to brace up and conftront our national problems more than he is currently doing, I won't join you guys to rain insults on him. I will rather pray for him and offer him all the support I can give because whether you like it or not, he will be there till 2015 to decide a lot of things that affect you. So, lets save our energy to do what is only realistic right now.

What do you mean by that. When the Government removes about 30 % as tax from my salary every month and has all oil revenue to loot for there family. I pay for everything i use-generator, pump water, bad roads etc and you expect me to start repairing gutter and cleaning everywhere for the government again.
And you still expect me to wait for another 100 days to listen to another rhetoric jabbings and rapping from the goverment, that is shit.

I hope some of you supporting this government (state/feb) knows what you are talking about. the Goverment increased tax recently for what, ehn i say for what, nothing, no good roads, transportation, light and you are telling me to keep calm. Nonsence, I know some of you are not working, you are still with your parents and not feeling it now. When you start you will change your song.
I dont want to hear we are working. i want to see what you have done with my tax, oil revenue that is the point please.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Gbawe: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2011
nateevs:

Of course you will. Remind us again how many good people stood against GEJ.
Na only Buhari contest?
People like you don't see that. You blame the reason you voted for GEJ on anything.

Don't mind them. They should also remind us of how many undoubted "enemies of Nigeria" , who have brought Nigeria to this stage, amassed behind GEJ. I personally think every single AGIP (any Government in power) and all ruinous hands in our history were behind GEJ.

OBJ, Anenih, Haliru Bello et al were the sort to be found making noise for GEJ while Falana, Soyinka, Col. Umar, Balarabe Musa et al were examples of those who opposed GEJ. Anyone , not too bigoted to see clearly, will note what is very obvous i.e a good leaders , on the side of ordinary Nigerians, will never attract corrupt and ruinous opportunists and AGIPs. Those folks (AGIPs) only ever support 'one of their own' they can rely on to keep Nigeria "business as usual" .
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by somze(f): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2011
nateevs:

Absolute bollocks mate. How have Lagosians gone from hanging off the doors of a Molue bus to queueing orderly at bus-stops for a BRT bus? How have Lagosians gone from perceiving Oshodi as a "never to be revived" place to a place where you no longer loiter and trade on the streets? How have Nigerians come to accept bus lanes? Red light at traffic lights? No crossing of highways?

Please, stop making excuses for leaders. People break the law because they can. If there's a consequence for throwing litter into your drains, people will not do it. That consequence can only be realised by enforcing the law; and enforcing by law enforcement agencies doing their jobs. Who makes sure LEAs do their jobs?

It's a simple solution. Sort out the head and the rest will follow.
My friend sharrap dia. When last where you in Lagos? Keep believing the hype. . .

Things take time. Even with the four years of Fashiola the same issues still persists. The same bad roads, same terrible drainages, same flooding, same crime and insecurity, same thugs and area boys, same dirty streets, yes same trading on the streets, same crossing of highways, same corruption, same lack of portable water, same traffic. There may have been slight improvements in a few areas but holistically there's a whole lot left to be done.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by brainpulse: 9:24am On Sep 08, 2011
If all this secretes are coming from the Americans i want to believe it, because they keep records , they have gadgets to get all the informations they need, they spend money on information gathering and spies for security reasons. But in nigeria we dont keep records, no information, before the federal gov. knows about anything happening in its backyard the CNN will be the first to know, so if they called him a barao then He is a Barao.

I want to see someone in a Leader being driven by his vision, talk with all confidence of great leaders, motivate the followers (country people), charge every one to work by example and be accountable for all resources, then that is when i know we have a president. Not i dont have a shoe, then what, what is your vision to drive 150 million people, what is your mission, how do you want to get there. Nothing i dont see this in him. He is not qualify to lead his family.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by profatom: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2011
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS gej is as corrupt as any 9gerian d only difference is that when u are there let people know that u dere, act and dont behave like a fish,
GEJ IS AN EMBEZZLER, i dont blame him 4 dat cos is human and d truth of d matter a 9ja man, but he shud b active, because during is tenur at state level he only embezzle and did not act,
am advising u jonah act so U no regret later
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by nateevs(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2011
somze:

My friend sharrap dia. When last where you in Lagos? Keep believing the hype. . .

Things take time. Even with the four years of Fashiola the same issues still persists. The same bad roads, same terrible drainages, same flooding, same crime and insecurity, same thugs and area boys, same dirty streets, yes same trading on the streets, same crossing of highways, same corruption, same lack of portable water, same traffic. There may have been slight improvements in a few areas but holistically there's a whole lot left to be done.

Did you even read your post Somze? My argument was not about how well things have improved but if people can adjust if the head is right. Yes, people can and will take to new ways of life if there is enforcement of the law!

Because I no call you when I reach Lagos no mean say I no show. . tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by EkoIle1: 8:08pm On Sep 08, 2011
lol @ Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor?

I remember getting zero answers from the same blind and crippled people every time we ask them to list GEJ's effectiveness and accomplishments as the deputy and sitting governor of his state right before the elections.

Like I say always, the average Nigerian is way more corrupt than the crooks and losers they elect.

Poor Nigeria, another 4 years inside toilet.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by woetooam4j: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor?

I remember getting zero answers from the same blind and crippled people every time we ask them to list GEJ's effectiveness and accomplishments as the deputy and sitting governor of his state right before the elections.

Like I say always, the average Nigerian is way more corrupt than the crooks and losers they elect.

Poor Nigeria, another 4 years inside toilet.

Thank God I am now foreign based, Cotonou sweeet oooooooo.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by 9ijaMan: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
is well:

this is lie, jonathan was not ineffective.

Would you please provide us with evidence of how effective he was as a governor. Mind you I was in PH-Yenogoa axis during his tenure as dep. Gov and then Gov o, so be careful with the type of evidence wey you go produce.

woetooam4j:

Thank God I am now foreign based, Cotonou sweeet oooooooo.

I no fit laugh again o! Agree with you sha, Cotonuo sweet pass 9ja at the moment.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by blacksta(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2011
This one is beyond reasonable doubt. Let those who have ears let them listen
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was as effective as a lame-duck. It is plain-obvious that he was invisible as a deputy governor/governor/vice-president/acting-president/president/frog. He will never be an effective human-being. the Arrow confessed as much to the US envoy that he was Hajia Turais a5re-washer grin the bloody dumb-koff has made it to such heights on the back of a corrupt PDP and a bunch of clueless hungry voters
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by 9ijaMan: 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2012
At least he has now shown he can be effective unleashing more sufferings on the average Nigerian through the removal of subsidy. Fresh Fart Indeed, !
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Maximip(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
In fact, he was the preferred candidate for yaradua's vice cos of his incompetence and cowardice
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by manmustwac(m): 11:54am On Jan 07, 2012
Maximip:

In fact, he was the preferred candidate for yaradua's vice cos of his incompetence and cowardice
all our leaders are the same
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Pukkah: 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2012
With the benefit of his performance in office, Mr Jonathan has proved that he's as deep as a two-inch ditch.

I pity this country.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Gbawe: 1:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
Maximip:

Indeed. Everything was to do with OBJ's wickedness and scheming. He did not get his third term and was therefore determined to ensure the top 4 Nigerians (Yar Adua, GEJ, Mark and Etteh) would be mediocrities he can trust not to provide the radical and independent-minded leadership Nigeria badly needs. It was an audacious plan but very callous in its element of wickedness since it meant we would have the top 4 Nigerians being "business as usual" mediocrities, stooges and 'Voltrons' who can, by their limited ability and pro-establishment outlook, only condemn Nigeria to stagnating.

Yar Adua took the stage and wasted 3 years of our time. Now GEJ, if not stopped, will waste 5 years of Nigeria's time. 2015 they will then bring us a boy who was only able to eat once a week !!!! Nigerians will swallow it and the "owners of Nigeria" will have another 'Voltron' in place. A[b]looter[/b] continua.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. Everything was to do with OBJ's wickedness and scheming. He did not get his third term and was therefore determined to ensure the top 4 Nigerians (Yar Adua, GEJ, Mark and Etteh) would be mediocrities he can trust not to provide the radical and independent-minded leadership Nigeria badly needs. It was an audacious plan but very callous in its element of wickedness since it meant we would have the top 4 Nigerians being "business as usual" mediocrities, stooges and 'Voltrons' who can, by their limited ability and pro-establishment outlook, only condemn Nigeria to stagnating.

Yar Adua took the stage and wasted 3 years of our time. Now GEJ, if not stopped, will waste 5 years of Nigeria's time. 2015 they will then bring us a boy who was only able to eat once a week !!!! [/b]Nigerians will swallow it and the "owners of Nigeria" will have another 'Voltron' in place. A[b]looter continua.

pdp presents david mark in 'i had no spoon' and i went to school on an empty stomach without underpants
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by theV0ice: 4:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
SMH

the world already knew what we are just getting to know now
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Adminisher: 4:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
This man is effective in stealing. He did a lot in Bayelsa in that regard. He was not a year into his first term when they manufactured the Malabu oil stealing of Shell oil block payment.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by mcquin(m): 5:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:
Goodluck is still the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hug transformer if you like grin grin grin

You guys are now becoming boring to argue with with your lack of reasonable defense.

You lots sound insane every time you lack proper defense and then resort to, 'no better alternative', 'he's the best so far', 'GeJ till 2099' or 'Nigeria is cursed,let's destroy it.'

It's really difficult defending the clown no doubt esp since he has crazier PROs.
Re: Jonathan Was Ineffective As A Governor? by Pataki: 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
2011 - 2014, what is the assessment of this dullard of a President?

Nigerians are wishing they can wake up from this bad bad dream of a useless dunce called Goodluck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Scriptural Evidence That Shows The Yoruba Race are From Israel / Akume: Nigeria Has Witnessed Significant Progress Under Tinubu / Can A Nigeria Police Refuse Bribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.