Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,861 members, 7,942,158 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

Seeking Expert Advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Seeking Expert Advice (473 Views)

Expert Advice Needed / My Future Is At Stake! Expert Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking Expert Advice by Jennifernl: 5:33am On Jan 21, 2023
I am currently considering a career transition into the tech industry, but I'm not sure which specific area to focus on.

Definitely a no-coding area. Also mathematics, and calculations are totally not my thing.

I'm considering business analysis or salesforce as I believe that these areas align with my interests and strengths.

Do you think any of these two is a good field to go into in 2023? If not, what other areas can I look into considering my preference.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights from those who have experience in these areas or have made similar transition themselves.
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by Jennifernl: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Please I await your response
tensazangetsu20 truthcoder
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
Better to do business analysis. The non coding parts of Salesforce aren't in demand like the coding parts are so it will be a waste of effort.
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by LikeAking: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Better to do business analysis. The non coding parts of Salesforce aren't in demand like the coding parts are so it will be a waste of effort.

How person fit use learn business alalysis?
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by Jennifernl: 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Thanks so much. I really appreciate your input. Asides business analysis, are there any other ones you can please recommend ?
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by truthCoder: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
Jennifernl:

I am currently considering a career transition into the tech industry, but I'm not sure which specific area to focus on.

Definitely a no-coding area. Also mathematics, and calculations are totally not my thing.

I'm considering business analysis or salesforce as I believe that these areas align with my interests and strengths.

Do you think any of these two is a good field to go into in 2023? If not, what other areas can I look into considering my preference.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights from those who have experience in these areas or have made similar transition themselves.

Below are some fields you can review in your quest, in addition to the ones you listed.
UI/UX
Trainings
Technical marketing & sales
Consulting
Project management
Hardware support
Networking

As regards career change, are you ready for at least 2 years of no income? Just a small reminder.

Most people dive into tech while they still have access to some funds or income or they have a small cost outlay or there is free food at home.
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by Jennifernl: 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
truthCoder:

Below are some fields you can review in your quest, in addition to the ones you listed.
UI/UX
Trainings
Technical marketing & sales
Consulting
Project management
Hardware support
Networking

As regards career change, are you ready for at least 2 years of no income? Just a small reminder.

Most people dive into tech while they still have access to some funds or income or they have a small cost outlay or there is free food at home.

What kind of trainings please?
... And yes , I have streams of income, so no I won't be without any income while I transition.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by truthCoder: 5:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
Jennifernl:

What kind of trainings please?
... And yes , I have streams of income, so no I won't be without any income while I transition.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate

Become an expert in a track (UI/UX for example) and instead of practicing as a designer, you teach others and earn from teaching.

Since you have income, i would suggest you spend the next few weeks surfing through, watching YouTube videos on different courses to catch a feel.
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by Jennifernl: 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2023
truthCoder:

Become an expert in a track (UI/UX for example) and instead of practicing as a designer, you teach others and earn from teaching.

Since you have income, i would suggest you spend the next few weeks surfing through, watching YouTube videos on different courses to catch a feel.
Okay thanks, would do just that
Re: Seeking Expert Advice by LittleBigDick(m): 5:05am On Jan 24, 2023
Product design

(1) (Reply)

A Need A Good Android Emulator For Windows 7 / Your Help Needed Here / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.