Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:46 PM

Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes (17087 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / CBN Orders Banks To Collect Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Bus Conductor Refused To Collect New Naira Note From Passenger (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Allisgud: 8:50am On Jan 21, 2023
If u dey save for piggy bank take it to the bank now,it will become wallpaper after 31st

4 Likes

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by hollandis(f): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2023
Jasah:
Why politicians are angry fie the new Naira Note

For the first time, politicians are the only ones speaking for the same people they been Looting their Commonwealth.

It's either they bring out all the old notes they have stored Up in their GP Tanks or Underground or nothing

Ask yourself where were they when the people were crying of Hunger and deprivation over the years

The CBN have deliberately refused to print the new Notes in Bulk so the don't start stock pilling them in place of the old money in your GP tanks and underground As they did to the Old Noted

How can you print over 2Billion country's currency with less than 200 million in circulation, Because of Criminals who call themselves Leaders.

And people like you are Campaigning for a number of them to fix the same country they have Milked Dry

Make no Mistake people! Stubborn Policies as this was the very Reason you Voted Buhari the first place in 2015. Even if I can never be a fan of APC

You are a mercenary of apc
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by spy24(m): 8:54am On Jan 21, 2023
Na Buhari dey operate so.

This is not emefiele at work

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Godsonkemz(m): 8:55am On Jan 21, 2023
Out of every 20 notes of 1k, One is new note. Is this how we shall achieve this. CBN has to print enough of the new notes which are yet to be circulated.
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Bluntemperor: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2023
Ghostrye:
Good one

A better deal,na!
CBN, should further published the Name of Banks and the Amount each received in the New Naira to show seriousness that indeed,they meant business!
Why should the Banks and their Managers be refusing to receive the New Naira and refusing loading them in their ATM?
CBN too is culpable - how can you be rushing Nigerians to qué for New Naira Notes and also come to collect CBN New Debit Card?
Why all these rushing?
Is this how things are done in saner climes?
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by PrinceOfLagos: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2023
Emefiele choke this thieving politicians no be small and I like it

4 Likes

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 21, 2023
Corporate thieves...
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by storm001(m): 9:01am On Jan 21, 2023
Jasah:

For the first time, politicians are the only ones speaking for the same people they been Looting their Commonwealth.

It's either they bring out all the old notes they have stored Up in their GP Tanks or Underground or nothing

Ask yourself where were they when the people were crying of Hunger and deprivation over the years

The CBN have deliberately refused to print the new Notes in Bulk so the don't start stock pilling them in place of the old money in your GP tanks and underground As they did to the Old Noted

How can you print over 2Billion country's currency with less than 200 million in circulation, Because of Criminals who call themselves Leaders.

And people like you are Campaigning for a number of them to fix the same country they have Milked Dry

Make no Mistake people! Stubborn Policies as this was the very Reason you Voted Buhari the first place in 2015. Even if I can never be a fan of APC

CBN governor showed them shege.

First policy aim at curtailing the government excesses and not the people.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Patriotsleague: 9:03am On Jan 21, 2023
Changing the currency policy has its benefits, but emefiele should be relieved of his post, or he should be forced to resign, he has lost credibility. A man of integrity would have resigned, that tape released by Sahara exposed him.
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Royceey(m): 9:04am On Jan 21, 2023
Godsonkemz:
Out of every 20 notes of 1k, One is new note. Is this how we shall achieve this. CBN has to print enough of the new notes which are yet to be circulated.

You still Haven't read to comprehend that Commercial Banks are the ones not willing to RECIEVE more of New Notes!
This is one of the best policies Buhari has implemented that makes Politicians to wail like wounded Dogs!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by santuspearl: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2023
Jasah:

I dey shock how some people dey reason, why are you making it a big deal? Is this the first time Nigeria is printing new naira notes, why is this one different, Buhari incompetency is showing everywhere n u here praising him, common to print naira and circulate, this govt cannot not do it successfully, what a shame, may you perform as Ur boss Buhari
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by ShaqFu: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2023
Yeah right. 😜
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by obailala(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2023
Zee0007:
10 days to go. Better go and deposit your old notes before your money turn Museum for house.
All bank ATMs are still dispensing old notes.
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Victorclean1: 9:14am On Jan 21, 2023
Agbadorians won't like this

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by NewNg1: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2023
Is too small. The politicians can pay even #3m daily as long as the deadline is extended after the election
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Princeton92(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2023
Jasah:

Preach... A gentle reminder that we may never forget why APC is in power wink cheesy
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by dannydee75(m): 9:16am On Jan 21, 2023
Chai!!! Commercial banks refusing to pick the new naira notes shows that something is wrong somewhere. Must they be forced before doing the needful to obey the apex bank's defective? Me am confused..... What a failed kantry

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Elidrisy20: 9:17am On Jan 21, 2023
KingMack:
At least this money would have been 50-60% in circulation by now..I can bet my balls that not everyone on this forum has seen the new notes undecided
I only saw N1k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by jaxxy(m): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2023
Good
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by somehow: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2023
Criminals are the ones running 75% of the Nigerian economy.

They are in the financial sector where controlling the money.

You can see how they are ganging up with the press and the banks to frustrate a policy that's going to affect their hold on the economy.

Every right thinking Nigerian should support CBN to the fullest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by KingMack(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2023
Elidrisy20:
I only saw N1k

You see..jus sad

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Gbadespet(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2023
jibrilELsudan:
ALL THESE BANKERS ARE CRIMINALS

WHAT THE BANKS DID IS THEY TOOK THE MONEY IN THEIR VAULT PLUS THE ONES CUSTOMERS HAVE BEEN BRINGING IN FOR EXCHANGE THEN WENT TO CBN TO GO COLLECT NEW NOTES

CBN EXCHANGED THE OLD NOTES FOR THEM CAUSE THERE IS PAPER WORK AND RECORDS FOR ALL THE MONIES THEY BROUGHT IN

NOW WHAT THE BANKS NOW DID IS TO SELL THE NEW NAIRA NOTES THEY COLLECTED FROM CBN TO THE POLITICIANS AND KIDNAPPERS

SO NOW THEY CAN'T GO BACK TO CBN TO COLLECT NEW NOTES CAUSE THEY CAN'T EXPLAIN WHERE THEY GOT THE OLD NAIRA NOTES THEY BRINGING IN FOR EXCHANGE TO CBN CAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD THAT THE MONIES WAS DEPOSITED BY A CUSTOMER

FOR THEM TO GO COLLECT NEW NOTES FROM CBN....THEY HAVE TO GIVE CBN OLD NOTES IN EXCHANGE

CBN ISN'T GIVING THEM FREE MONEY

COME AND COLLECT 1 BILLION NAIRA NEW NOTES.....THEY HAVE TO DROP 1 BILLION NAIRA OLD NOTES AND SHOW RECORDS HOW THAT 1 BILLION NAIRA OLD NOTES WAS COLLECTED FROM CUSTOMERS

You Sabi the game I swear,very soon some bank manager go enter wahala coz dem know go fit meet up ..
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by easytig(m): 9:20am On Jan 21, 2023
Fela kuti don talk am na ,naija na "confusion everywia "country
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by TenQ: 9:23am On Jan 21, 2023
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Ikaeniyan0: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2023
somehow:
Criminals are the ones running 75% of the Nigerian economy.

They are in the financial sector where they try to control the money.

You can see how they are ganging up with the press and the banks to frustrate a policy that's going to affect their hold on the economy.

Every right thinking Nigerian should support CBN to the fullest.
How should we support the CBN?

Why is the CBN in a rush sef?
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2023
Patriotsleague:
Changing the currency policy has its benefits, but emefiele should be relieved of his post, or he should be forced to resign, he has lost credibility. A man of integrity would have resigned, that tape released by Sahara exposed him.

Story! Go and remove him na.
All your sponsors as well as evil politicians will go down.
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Oche211(m): 9:33am On Jan 21, 2023
KingMack:
At least this money would have been 50-60% in circulation by now..I can bet my balls that not everyone on this forum has seen the new notes undecided

I have only seen 2 pieces of this note... One piece at a time.

First time I went to make withdraw, all the 1000 notes given to me were the old note except one which was the new note.

Same thing happened when I went to withdraw from a POS stand last week.
I was given 500 naira denomination. Only one was the new note.

I have not seen the new 200 naira except online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Patriotsleague: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2023
Ecne:

Story! Go and remove him na.
All your sponsors as well as evil politicians will go down.
People like you encourage stealing of public funds. Politicians are not your masters, they are our servants, anyone who erred should be dealt with decisively. Bleep all politicians, I only rate them by performance and policies, but a thief is a thief. Change your zombie mentality, it's bad for Nigeria's development. Some of you tribal and religious bigotry have turned you brainless.
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2023
NewNg1:
Is too small. The politicians can pay even #3m daily as long as the deadline is extended after the election

NO WAY!
We won't extend shit.
Those politicians still keeping old notes at home, will see shege from February 1.
I pity the urchins still collecting old notes from them to sell their votes and campaign for them.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 21, 2023
Patriotsleague:

People like you encourage stealing of public funds. Politicians are not your masters, they are our servants, anyone who erred should be dealt with decisively. Bleep all politicians, I only rate them by performance and policies, but a thief is a thief. Change your zombie mentality, it's bad for Nigeria's development. Some of you tribal and religious bigotry have turned you brainless.

Mods rule 2 violated.

Mynd
Re: Banks To Pay ₦‎1 Million Fine Daily Over Failure To Collect New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Are you sure you read what I typed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Online Businesses That Made Their Owners Millionaires / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) / Is There Any Online Biz That Can Pay Directly Into My Bank Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.