Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria (8824 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" / Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Legitmatazz: 8:36pm On Jan 23, 2023
Soyinka is one of the problem of dix country. He endorsed d disaster we are facing today

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by tishbite42: 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
YorubarLord:
When your flatheadss father and mothers were getting pounded during the biafra war wole Soyinka was already a lecturer and an activist begging and protesting for you fools not to be wiped off
Thought you're talking about Bolaji Akinterinwa
Go to sleep urchin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Corrinthians(m): 8:42pm On Jan 23, 2023
Kyase:

Lol aswear
Subhumans fa ooo😀😀😀😀
He's probably speaking to Zombiedients.
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2023
DMerciful:
But it is what it is.

How come Soyinka, Falana et all were very critical and vocal during GEJ but under the undisputed heavyweight champion of incompetence and corruption Bubu, they went on ghost mode , even afraid actually.

What will bubu do to him?? soyinka isn't Sowore.
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
DMerciful:
But it is what it is.

How come Soyinka, Falana et all were very critical and vocal during GEJ but under the undisputed heavyweight champion of incompetence and corruption Bubu, they went on ghost mode , even afraid actually.
You only see and hear what your hatred permits
Where were you when Garba Shehu attacked Soyinka abusively?
Where were your parents when he spent the Biafra War period in solitary confinement on account of his principles

You folk are so hateful and ungrateful it is unimaginable
The man is 89 years old show some respect even if it is not in your culture
He criticised Buhari enough for his age, he is old. He cannot lead protest for ever
No need to tell stupid lies,truth is your hatred clouds your memory
Just do a simple Google search and stop the hateful lies
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2023
It is what it is....they are afraid of Bubu. Bubu's cabal can be ruthless grin

omonnakoda:
You only see and hear what your hatred permits
Where were you when Garba Shehu attacked Soyinka abusively?
Where were your parents when he spent the Biafra War period in solitary confinement on account of his principles

You folk are so hateful and ungrateful it is unimaginable
The man is 89 years old show some respect even if it is not in your culture
He criticised Buhari enough for his age, he is old. He cannot lead protest for ever
No need to tell stupid lies,truth is your hatred clouds your memory
Just do a simple Google search and stop the hateful lies
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Talawaka: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2023
Legitmatazz:
Soyinka is one of the problem of dix country. He endorsed d disaster we are facing today

This is only true in the minds of those beholden to a binary thought process. cool

UPDATED: What I said about voting Buhari in 2015 – Soyinka
According to Mr Soyinka, what he said at the time was “do not vote for Jonathan.”

Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka on Thursday admitted he preached against the re-election of former President Goodluck Jonathan. He, however, added that he urged the youth to mobilise for their candidate of choice.

The professor of Comparative Literature spoke at a press conference in Lagos on Thursday.

Mr Soyinka has been at the receiving end of criticisms from Nigerians amidst rising hardship and worsening insecurity. A lot of Nigerians blame the literary icon for the role he played in the election of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

He sought to push back the criticisms, insisting that he never endorsed President Buhari’s candidacy in 2015.

“It is false to say that I supported the election of Buhari,” he said, adding that what he said at the time was “do not vote for Jonathan.”

He admitted that although he didn’t support Mr Jonathan’s second term bid, he now believes the former president “redeemed himself in such a magnificent way.”

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/522419-updated-what-i-said-about-voting-buhari-in-2015-soyinka.html
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
DMerciful:
It is what it is....they are afraid of Bubu. Bubu's cabal can be ruthless grin

But they were not afraid of him when he was a military Head of state
Soyinka was not afraid when he spent 30 months in prison on account of your people?
Now you think you are catching cruise or you are funny
Well we respect him a lot as an elder, something alien to your culture
Like I said he has publicly criticized Buhari even more than he did Jonathan
You saying otherwise confirms you as a liar and a hater
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
You're just being sentimental. 'They' mean Soyinka, Falana et all like i said. How much is fuel, how long has fuel been scarce? Did they occupy anywhere?

Yeye dey smell
omonnakoda:
But they were not afraid of him when he was a military Head of state
Soyinka was not afraid when he spent 30 months in prison on account of your people?
Now you think you are catching cruise or you are funny
Well we respect him a lot as an elder, something alien to your culture
Like I said he has publicly criticized Buhari even more than he did Jonathan
You saying otherwise confirms you as a liar and a hater

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Kyase(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
Corrinthians:
He's probably speaking to Zombiedients.

Absolutely
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
DMerciful:
You're just being sentimental. 'They' mean Soyinka, Falana et all like i said. How much is fuel, how long has fuel been scarce? Did they occupy anywhere?

Yeye dey smell
I am talking about Soyinka yes we are sentimental about our elders something you won't understand
Wole Soyinka was very critical of Buhari and I expect obviously misguidedly,that Iboes would know about the sacrifices he made for them and show gratitude and respect. Gratitude and respect are sentiments one should not expect from Iboes
Falana has been critical of Buhari and virtually every government since Babangida

So I am being factual there. The fact that you even said that rubbish should be shocking but you do not shock me with your bigotry from this and your other monikers that I know. I just respond for the benefit of others who are naive enough to swallow your nonsense
You expect a 90 year-old man to be occupying at his age?
Don't you have a father of grandfather you can send?
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
I have only one moniker i have been using for ages.

I said what I said and it is what it is!
omonnakoda:
I am talking about Soyinka yes we are sentimental about our elders something you won't understand
Wole Soyinka was very critical of Buhari and I expect obviously misguidedly,that Iboes would know about the sacrifices he made for them and show gratitude and respect. Gratitude and respect are sentiments one should not expect from Iboes
Falana has been critical of Buhari and virtually every government since Babangida

So I am being factual there. The fact that you even said that rubbish should be shocking but you do not shock me with your bigotry from this and your other monikers that I know. I just respond for the benefit of others who are naive enough to swallow your nonsense

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
DMerciful:
I have only one moniker i have been using for ages.

I said what I said and it is what it is!
You have several and this year 2023
You have used more than one
Of course it is what it is in your head and I have put my take out there .
That also is what it is
Parroting it is what it is saying nothing
The fact is Wole Soyinka made a public statement criticizing Buhari several times
This is one that applied to Iboes when Buhari talked about Language they understand
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/465636-soyinka-tackles-buhari-over-civil-war-comment-other-matters.html

So in your DNA You are just ingrates and liars
Falana
https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/28/buhari-called-jonathans-resignation-was-not-jailed-%E2%80%94-falana-led-group-condemns-arrest
https://guardian.ng/news/you-are-not-fighting-corruption-genuinely-falana-tells-buhari/

You are a liar with no shame

The message for any misguided Yoruba following your Obi is very clear
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Tinubuadvocate: 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2023
You are doing that already.
Brendaniel:
You see how this thread is peaceful because the person that made the statement is Prof. Bola Akinterinwa, just change the name to Prof. Chinedu Nwankwo and see how violence will be all over the thread by Tinubu supporters...

The amount of hatred they have for Igbos can pay Nigeria's 77 trillion naira debt with change to build 3rd Niger bridge
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Legitmatazz: 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2023
Talawaka:

This is only true in the minds of those beholden to a binary thought process. cool

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/522419-updated-what-i-said-about-voting-buhari-in-2015-soyinka.html
no need for d grama, u can just make ur point simple.

Everything is either Right Or Wrong and not the two at once... So yes, I belong to d so called Binary Bulaba
Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2023
You see everything through tribal lens. You're primitive!
omonnakoda:
You have several and this year 2023
You have used more than one
Of course it is what it is in your head and I have put my take out there .
That also is what it is
Parroting it is what it is saying nothing
The fact is Wole Soyinka made a public statement criticizing Buhari several times
This is one that applied to Iboes when Buhari talked about Language they understand
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/465636-soyinka-tackles-buhari-over-civil-war-comment-other-matters.html

So in your DNA You are just ingrates and liars
Falana
https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/28/buhari-called-jonathans-resignation-was-not-jailed-%E2%80%94-falana-led-group-condemns-arrest
https://guardian.ng/news/you-are-not-fighting-corruption-genuinely-falana-tells-buhari/

You are a liar with no shame

The message for any misguided Yoruba following your Obi is very clear

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: I Never Made Comment On Northern Domination Of Nigeria by Dwightventures(m): 9:22am On Jan 24, 2023
The human mind is evil by nature. The more a society can not rise above it, the more evident it would be in their ranking amongst nations in the world. There are no failed nations with a population with good hearts; failed nations always have a population with evil hearts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Launches Student Loan Thursday, Foreign Scholars Seek Inclusion / Lagos Politician, Alleged Ritual Killer On The Run (photo) / Nigerians Warned To Stay Off MMM 'scam'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.