Stats: 3,188,747 members, 7,935,224 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near (16771 Views)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires / Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Nigerian Businesses Face Losses As The Twitter Ban Continues (2) (3) (4)

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by michoim(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
Godwin Emefiele is the worst CBN governor in the world...i don't even know how GEJ picked as the apex bank governor...it is very pathetic

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by Angelfrost(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
mbahdi:
god reward emefeile and dis apc government according to d way there av treated Nigerians.there av crippled business.fuel is nothing to write home about again.evrything connected to apc is suffering and hardship.and people still want to impose Dem again.God will punish Dem all

That's why we are waiting and watching to see how they will return to power!

Clearly, Buhari is doing his utmost best to ensure there is a repeat of 2015! grin

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by ellizy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
Unrated900:

But u get phone to come nairaland
U no poor naaa
So true! Ain't poor. Just temporary unable to dispens cash at the moment

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by maasoap(m): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
Maybe politicians are hoarding the new naira notes for vote buying in the forthcoming elections, the reason for the scarcity

You should stop talking about election as if that's the only reason people need cash. What is even the number of politicians seeking offices? Should we destroy our economy just because we don't want politicians to have cash for the election?
reliable source informing Daily Trust that only about N200billion of new Naira notes were produced to cater for a system with about N3.1trillion in circulation, thereby making the new notes inaccessible to residents.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by gfelo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
i see people rushing to POS operators shouting,

Customer: u dey collect old note?

POS: yes! but 1k naira charge

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by BloomingDale(f): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by ellizy(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
ecolime:

You are one of the lucky few then. No cause for high BP. Congrats 👏
Thanks man!

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by maasoap(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
mbahdi:
god reward emefeile and dis apc government according to d way there av treated Nigerians .there av crippled business.fuel is nothing to write home about again.evrything connected to apc is suffering and hardship.and people still want to impose Dem again.God will punish Dem all

You think Emefiele is punishing APC government? No. He's punishing you and me and Buhari likes it. If he didn't like what Emefiele is doing, he would have removed him long time ago.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by adioolayi(m): 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2023
What challenge are they talking about....Banking halls in Lagos no see crowds for deposits na.

Or, what are they talking about? Are banks overwhelmed to receiving the old notes

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by faceland: 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
It's not funny anymore. SOME shops would not collect it and the banks are over crowed.... While the banks are still giving out old notes.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by lereinter(m): 2:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
Let say buhari can do 3rd term, and he's contesting

Can emifele initiate this process?

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by olab059(m): 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
ellizy:
This ain't poor man concern...
One naira I no get for bank and at hand..

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by faceland: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
CBN said (on paper) they have given all the notes nd yet some banks would not come to collect the new note (so much so that they imposed aa 1 million naira a day penalty on banks for refusing to collet the new notes)... Those at the top are desperate to sabotage the new policy while those of us that are regular citizens suffer the most.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by JuanDeDios: 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
Maybe politicians are hoarding the new naira notes for vote buying in the forthcoming elections, the reason for the scarcity
I believe so. But Emefiele also clearly did not print enough. That's why he's insisting there will be no extension - because he has no notes to supply. Emefiele has to be be most irresponsible human being ever.

I hope they're preparing their police to deal with riots though.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by olab059(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
vendredi77:
since this new money enter na only 1k note done touch my hand, i never touch the new 500 & 200 note i swear.

Same with me.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by JuanDeDios: 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2023
faceland:
CBN said (on paper) they have given all the notes nd yet some banks would not come to collect the new note (so much so that they imposed aa 1 million naira a day penalty on banks for refusing to collet the new notes)... Those at the top are desperate to sabotage the new policy while those of us that are regular citizens suffer the most.
I don't believe the CBN. This is not the first time we've changed money in Nigeria.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by Unrated900(m): 3:04pm On Jan 24, 2023
ellizy:

So true! Ain't poor. Just temporary unable to dispens cash at the moment

Ok understood

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by drololaaof: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/old-naira-notes-nigerians-fear-massive-losses-as-deadline-draws-near/
It is the CBN and banks that are causing the apprehension, by not making the new notes easily and readily available to the public's
CBN make laws that are not obeyed.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by am4truth(m): 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jalinspy:
Tinubu propaganda has failed woefully. Only criminals are scared of CBNs policy on new naira design. Emefiele said NO GOING BACK grin

Grow up please.... The topic here is not for kids.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by Henrinos: 3:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
This Godwin Ewurekule sef!

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by JuanDeDios: 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
michoim:
Godwin Emefiele is the worst CBN governor in the world...i don't even know how GEJ picked as the apex bank governor...it is very pathetic
Once his friend Jim Ovia recommended, he obeyed. He didn't know for a job as sensitive as CBN gov, you have to vet. That's how we roll.

I'm surprised that Buhari, who will have to deal with the riots that will ensue, is saying nothing. But, again, it's Buhari.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by faceland: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
fastseo:
sad they only know how to inflict pain, sorrow, hatred and division amongst the people.

Have not seen anything that have changed so far from 2015 till today rather price of Rice of 12k now 46k, tiger i pass my neighbour generator of 11k now 74k to 100k.
Garri 150 now 1200,fuel 85 now 360.

And u said u want to vote continuity.. '' something must be wrong with our brain

70k for Tiger generator!
That thing use to be like 12k when Buhari took power.

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by unclejb2(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
This rubbish propaganda won't work.

CBN is not going to extend the date.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by NoviceFXtrader(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Many villages are yet to see at least one of the new naira note
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by jaxxy(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
What loses? Don't they have accounts? If yes go and pay the old notes into ur account.

if No why? go and open an acc.

If none of the above u are a criminal
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by omorttee4u(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
They mustt extend it I think, I will suggest they ban the 1000 notes first.the 500 and 200 can be taken out days after...
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by emorse(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
ecolime:

You are one of the lucky few then. No cause for high BP. Congrats 👏
One of the lucky majority you mean? Abi you don forget how much be minimum wage ni? A lot of the online noise you hear are made by a few concerned people and a lot of their follow follow soldiers.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by fastseo: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
faceland:

70k for Tiger generator!
That thing use to be like 12k when Buhari took power.

That's the price and as at 2014 it was sold 11k to 11k500 or highest 12k.

But with their change economy has thumble.

Century stabilizer of 3k now 36k

Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by jaxxy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
onyxo76:
honestly the thing no funny again o, i was at a POS stand yesterday and the vendor told me that he can only give me 2k as he was only given 20k at the bank.

then go to the atm. Pos for now are still using cash limits for individuals like u.

The policy is well planned.

After the old notes expires jan ending pos maybe upgraded.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by faceland: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2023
yesloaded:

It's simple

Reject old naira from 29th of this month

Take every old naira to the bank on 30th

Anybody who insist on doing business with you must transfer to you else no business

It's not even advisable carrying huge amount of money up & down

Let's discuss about scarcity of petrol plz

It's cashless society by force... Some shops no longer collect it. They advice you to go to POS or do mobile transfer.

I don't always like my bank or government to know who am conducting transaction with.

This is a once in a life time opportunity for POS operators and scammers.
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by Princeton92(m): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:

I thought same because there's nothing they cannot do oh
Re: Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near by onyxo76(m): 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
jaxxy:

then go to the atm. Pos for now are still using cash limits for individuals like u.

The policy is well planned.

After the old notes expires jan ending pos maybe upgraded.
ATM is out of my reach where i stay, besides i only needed 5k as i do a lot of transactions via transfers, i only needed the cash for petty things like bread, groundnut and maybe fruits.

Barbershop Brings More Profit Than Cybercafe. True/ False ? / CBN To Reserve Bank Management & Board Seats For Women / Fire Guts Nyanya Market, Abuja, Several Shops Burnt