Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,599 members, 7,901,808 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 03:32 PM

Does Firs's Recent Records Of The Highest Revenue Collected Worth The Hype? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Firs's Recent Records Of The Highest Revenue Collected Worth The Hype? (300 Views)

FG To Sanction FIRS, NNPC, Other Mdas For Backdoor Recruitment / FIRS Secretly Recruited 2,000 Workers, Agency Under Financial Pressure –NCSU / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Firs's Recent Records Of The Highest Revenue Collected Worth The Hype? by IyaTola: 9:57am On Jan 25, 2023
Does FIRS's recent records of the highest revenue collected worth the hype? This is overhyped and I'm unimpressed.

FIRS TAX COLLECTION — BUDGET & ACTUAL

Budget — ₦6.402 trillion
Actual — ₦6.404 trillion
Achievement — 100%

Budget — ₦10.44 trillion
Actual — ₦10.05 trillion
Achievement — 96.3%

(Source: FIRS 2022)

Why am I unimpressed?

Here are my 2 cents on the unworthy celebration.

₦10.05 trillion in 2022 is only worth ₦8.06 trillion in 2021, discounting at the current rate of inflation of 21.5%. Then discount down over the years.

₦10.05 trillion being celebrated today cannot purchase what it can buy in 2021.

In real terms, FIRS only generated ₦8.06 trillion in revenue in 2022 and not the declared amount.

Inflation is like poison, it kills your earnings and erodes your purchasing power.

In conclusion, the FIRS still has a long way to go and I believe that Nigeria can fund its budget with tax revenue without increasing tax rates or introducing new taxes.

And here is a soft reminder that you should be deliberate about the selection of your CEO in the forthcoming general election next month. We can fix Nigeria!
Copied
Re: Does Firs's Recent Records Of The Highest Revenue Collected Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 25, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=120357942][/quote]
Aside this, about 2t of the said 10t was waved to new companies(tax waver). How do you count waved money as part of collected revenue?

1 Like

Re: Does Firs's Recent Records Of The Highest Revenue Collected Worth The Hype? by IyaTola: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2023
Another angle again
excellence44:

Aside this, about 2t it off the 10t is waved to new companies. How do you count waved money as part of collected revenue?

(1) (Reply)

Canva Expert Need In Lekki Phase 1, Lagos / Top Secrets To Making Money As A Student / Vacancy For The Position Of A Business Developement Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.