Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,038 members, 7,916,004 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:48 PM

I Will Never Campaign For Atiku- Wike Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Campaign For Atiku- Wike Insists (279 Views)

Let Them Come & Beat Me: Wike Insists On Permission Before Rallies, Hits Dogara / Ayu: It Is Fight To Finish - Wike Insists / Atiku, Wike Meet In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Never Campaign For Atiku- Wike Insists by Eva2000: 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
Governor Nyesom Wike has that ongoing campaigns in the state for candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) precludes the presidential candidate of the opposition party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

According to him, members of the Rivers State PDP Campaign Council will not campaign for Atiku because there was no understanding to warrant such support in the oil-rich state.

Wike, who spoke in Bonny during inauguration of the Local Government Campaign by the Council, said: “Go home and have it on your mind that the PDP in Rivers State, we have taken governorship, we have taken the senatorial, we have taken the House of Representatives and we have taken the House of Assembly.

“That is the election we are doing here. These are the ones (candidates) who told me to come and campaign for them. No other person told me to campaign for him.

“I can’t force myself to campaign for you when you have not asked for it. These ones (candidates) have told me. So, I’ve come here to campaign. If somebody asks you to work for him, you’ll work for him. But if they don’t want you to work for them, will you force them?”

The governor, who is the arrow-head of the Group of Five (G-5) governors, said that anybody, who said Rivers was inconsequential, would suffer repercussion for ignoring the state.

The governor enjoined all residents in the state to be rest assured that no intimidation and propaganda could cause a distraction from the political path that had been so chosen.

He said: “Any person who says Rivers State is not important, we will pepper him. Anybody who says he doesn’t regard Rivers State, we would not regard such person.

“There’s nothing like propaganda, nothing like intimidation because nobody can intimidate us. We are very, very solid. We are very strong.

“No State can point at us to determine what will happen here. Nobody can do such. So, be bold to say, I’m from Rivers State, I live in Rivers and I am happy with Rivers. What is important is our state, which we have collected.”

Wike said the state All Progressives Congress (APC) should not bother to campaign in Rivers because of the recognition given to his administration by President Muhammadu Buhari, as the best in infrastructural delivery in the country.

He said because his administration believed in practical demonstration of governance, 12 flyovers were executed within four years, in addition to other development projects.

Wike said: “All these people who say they are campaigning, what are they campaigning for? President Muhammadu Buhari, the leader of APC said I am the best as far as development is concerned. What nature of campaign will they be doing again?”
Re: I Will Never Campaign For Atiku- Wike Insists by shuttox: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
Wike has failed
Re: I Will Never Campaign For Atiku- Wike Insists by polari: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
News source

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Gov Sule Over Son’s Death / BREAKING: CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes / 5 Governors Ousted By Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.