Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,656 members, 7,945,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:40 AM

How I Lost Interest In My Own Wedding (because Of My Mother In-law) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Lost Interest In My Own Wedding (because Of My Mother In-law) (563 Views)

Can You Cancel Your Wedding Because Of Menstrual Cramps? / I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest / Lady Assists Her Brother To Propose To A Bridesmaid On Her Own Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost Interest In My Own Wedding (because Of My Mother In-law) by Uwagood123(m): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2023
My hubby-to- be told me,”She’s doing what she’s doing out of care.”I told him,”I know she cares but that same care should let her know that people want to be in charge of their own marriage because, in the end, it’s their marriage. They’re the bones going to witness everything so they owe it to themselves to make the experience worth it. Tell your mama to leave the crucial effects to us. It’s our marriage.”We had this discussion because I could not sit still and watch while his mama takes over everything concerning our marriage. After we had that discussion, I allowed he was going to be sympathetic towards my passions but he said, “ You are only blowing the whole thing out of proportion. She’s trying to help because you are an in- law. She loves you.”That was not the first time he’d picked the side of his mama. He’d taken the side of his mama in nearly everything concerning our marriage. We chose a position for our marriage event. It was a veritably small place that did not bring us so much. We agreed with the proprietor of the place and gave him assurance that we were going to make payment.

That veritably day that wewere supposed to make the payment, we were with his mama when he told her that we were going to pay for the venue. His mama asked,« Where and how important are they charging?”He told her. She screamed,”That is relatively precious. Do not you know Agya Ansah’s place is also used for a marriage event? He is my friend, let’s go and talk to him first.”I asked, “ How far is it?”She said,”Oh it’s not too far from the church. It’s a beautiful theater that everyone around then does their marriage.”We followed her to the place. First, the distance was further than we anticipated. When we got there, I asked my hubby,”Is that the theater?”He said,”I do notknow.However, she will tell us, If it is.”His mama said,” So this is the place. The flowers had failed because we’re in the dry season but it’s a good place nevertheless.”I looked at my hubby’s face and he also looked at mine. I looked at the bottom-bare ground. No pavement or lawn. I mean fine ground. He said,”Yeah, that is ok. I suppose we can take this bone.”He turned to me and asked,”or Ann?”I said, “ No the other place is better. It’s near and it has beautiful decor we can use for prints. His mama fooled in,”You are a youthful couple. You need to save plutocrat for the future. Take this place and use that plutocrat for commodity differently.”

That evening, I told my hubby-to- be,”We can not have a event at that place. Frank? Are we the only poor people in this city?”We argued. He said, “ If we go against my mama, she’d be angry. Let’s take it just to make her happy. There are better days ahead.”The marriage is passing in my church. The pastor who’s counseling us had been my pastor since I was a child. He is quite an old man with wisdom pullulate. We have had several sessions with him and each moment we spend with him, he gives us commodity to laugh about or commodity to hold on to. He is the one going to officiate our marriage and it’s commodity known to us both. One evening my Husband-to be called.”Ann.”When he mentions my name first before saying anything, also it means he is going to ask me to do commodity I mightnot want to do.”I asked,”What do you want me to do?”He said,”Is it possible to talk to Reverend so we make our family pastor officiate the marriage?”I asked,”Who’s asking for that?”He said,”Oh no bone. I am just allowing our family pastor would be good to officiate the event since he is been the one to officiate everything in our family.”I asked, “ Your mama asked you to do that?”He said, “ Noooo, not her. I am the bone allowing that way.”I said,”It’s not possible. We aren’t getting married in your pastor’s church. He. Click to continue reading https://uwagood.com/2022/02/03/how-i-lost-interest-in-my-own-wedding-because-of-my-mother-in-law/
Re: How I Lost Interest In My Own Wedding (because Of My Mother In-law) by Shapeaso: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
Op, are you a he or she? This your write up no clear.undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Lost Interest In My Own Wedding (because Of My Mother In-law) by Strangle: 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
Uwagood123:
My hubby-to- be told me,”She’s doing what she’s doing out of care.”I told him,”I know she cares but that same care should let her know that people want to be in charge of their own marriage because, in the end, it’s their marriage. They’re the bones going to witness everything so they owe it to themselves to make the experience worth it. Tell your mama to leave the crucial effects to us. It’s our marriage.”We had this discussion because I could not sit still and watch while his mama takes over everything concerning our marriage. After we had that discussion, I allowed he was going to be sympathetic towards my passions but he said, “ You are only blowing the whole thing out of proportion. She’s trying to help because you are an in- law. She loves you.”That was not the first time he’d picked the side of his mama. He’d taken the side of his mama in nearly everything concerning our marriage. We chose a position for our marriage event. It was a veritably small place that did not bring us so much. We agreed with the proprietor of the place and gave him assurance that we were going to make payment.

That veritably day that wewere supposed to make the payment, we were with his mama when he told her that we were going to pay for the venue. His mama asked,« Where and how important are they charging?”He told her. She screamed,”That is relatively precious. Do not you know Agya Ansah’s place is also used for a marriage event? He is my friend, let’s go and talk to him first.”I asked, “ How far is it?”She said,”Oh it’s not too far from the church. It’s a beautiful theater that everyone around then does their marriage.”We followed her to the place. First, the distance was further than we anticipated. When we got there, I asked my hubby,”Is that the theater?”He said,”I do notknow.However, she will tell us, If it is.”His mama said,” So this is the place. The flowers had failed because we’re in the dry season but it’s a good place nevertheless.”I looked at my hubby’s face and he also looked at mine. I looked at the bottom-bare ground. No pavement or lawn. I mean fine ground. He said,”Yeah, that is ok. I suppose we can take this bone.”He turned to me and asked,”or Ann?”I said, “ No the other place is better. It’s near and it has beautiful decor we can use for prints. His mama fooled in,”You are a youthful couple. You need to save plutocrat for the future. Take this place and use that plutocrat for commodity differently.”

That evening, I told my hubby-to- be,”We can not have a event at that place. Frank? Are we the only poor people in this city?”We argued. He said, “ If we go against my mama, she’d be angry. Let’s take it just to make her happy. There are better days ahead.”The marriage is passing in my church. The pastor who’s counseling us had been my pastor since I was a child. He is quite an old man with wisdom pullulate. We have had several sessions with him and each moment we spend with him, he gives us commodity to laugh about or commodity to hold on to. He is the one going to officiate our marriage and it’s commodity known to us both. One evening my Husband-to be called.”Ann.”When he mentions my name first before saying anything, also it means he is going to ask me to do commodity I mightnot want to do.”I asked,”What do you want me to do?”He said,”Is it possible to talk to Reverend so we make our family pastor officiate the marriage?”I asked,”Who’s asking for that?”He said,”Oh no bone. I am just allowing our family pastor would be good to officiate the event since he is been the one to officiate everything in our family.”I asked, “ Your mama asked you to do that?”He said, “ Noooo, not her. I am the bone allowing that way.”I said,”It’s not possible. We aren’t getting married in your pastor’s church. He. Click to continue reading https://uwagood.com/2022/02/03/how-i-lost-interest-in-my-own-wedding-because-of-my-mother-in-law/
I should click to continue to read eh?
With this your wacky writing.

See the mistake you made, up to 60+ chai

(1) (Reply)

In Search For A New Partner!!! / 18+: Remote Workers Needed Asap / Man Cries Out For Help After Losing N400k Belonging To His Mother On Betting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.